Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to do with 2nd jab I think.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Packers Everywhere Pep Rally in New Orleans canceled over COVID concerns

Posted by Charean Williams on August 19, 2021, 7:01 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Packers have canceled their Packers Everywhere Pep Rally, which was scheduled for New Orleans the day before the season opener against the Saints. The team announced the cancelation decision Thursday, citing “the continued surge in COVID cases and hospitalizations in Louisiana.”

The Packers have scheduled pep rallies for later this season in San Francisco and Kansas City, and those remain a go for now.

“While the conditions of the pandemic continue to evolve in different areas of the country, the Packers are monitoring the situation as each rally approaches and will comply with any local government regulations or venue rules,” the team said in a statement.

Packers Everywhere, through its website packerseverywhere.com, enables Packers fans to find official Packers establishments around the world to watch games with fellow fans.

The Packers’ cancelation is just another sign that COVID-19 is not going away for the 2021 football season.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Those Packer celebrations should be outlawed everywhere for the rest of time.

Comment

• Its ok, Future…… I genuinely have absolutely no fucking clue what any of you guys are talking about most of the time.

Edit: Except Cgvt’s DIY posts…… i’m on the same page with those! 👌
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Justin Pugh calls for daily testing of vaccinated players after he, Jordan Phillips test positive

Posted by Charean Williams on August 19, 2021, 5:16 PM EDT

Getty Images

Cardinals offensive lineman Justin Pugh criticized the NFL’s testing policies for vaccinated players. He called for daily testing after he was a breakthrough COVID-19 case.

“Hey @NFL we need daily testing for vaccinated and non-vaccinated players,” Pugh wrote Thursday. “I was vaccinated and still got COVID. As of now vaccinated players test every 14 days. That’s not enough! Who knows how long I walked around the building with it or whoever I got it from! Fix this ASAP.”

Cardinals defensive lineman Jordan Phillips replied to the tweet, announcing he also tested positive despite being fully vaccinated. The Cardinals placed Phillips on the COVID-19 reserve list Thursday.

Phillips has missed camp because of an undisclosed injury.

He joins Pugh and receiver Andy Isabella on the COVID-19 reserve list.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Fully vaccinated Barry Sanders is symptom-free after testing positive for COVID-19

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2021, 10:28 AM EDT

Getty Images

Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders can speak first-hand about how well the COVID-19 vaccines work.

Sanders revealed today that he has tested positive for COVID-19. However, he’s fully vaccinated, and like most people who are fully vaccinated and get exposed to the coronavirus, he feels fine.

“Despite being double vaccinated, wearing a mask, and taking all the precautions I could,” Sanders wrote on Twitter, “I tested positive for COVID. I don’t have any symptoms, but am staying in until I get the green light from the Docs. I will be ready to go for @49ers on 9/12 @Lions.”

(Lions fans will be disappointed to learn that when Sanders says he will be ready to go for Week One, he does not mean he’ll be coming out of retirement.)

Sanders’ comments serve as a reminder of how important it is for everyone to get vaccinated. The vaccines make you less likely to catch COVID-19, but if you do catch it while fully vaccinated you’re unlikely to get very sick and virtually assured of not dying. Sanders did the responsible thing and is in good health because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                Fully vaccinated Barry Sanders is symptom-free after testing positive for COVID-19

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2021, 10:28 AM EDT

Getty Images

Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders can speak first-hand about how well the COVID-19 vaccines work.

Sanders revealed today that he has tested positive for COVID-19. However, he’s fully vaccinated, and like most people who are fully vaccinated and get exposed to the coronavirus, he feels fine.

“Despite being double vaccinated, wearing a mask, and taking all the precautions I could,” Sanders wrote on Twitter, “I tested positive for COVID. I don’t have any symptoms, but am staying in until I get the green light from the Docs. I will be ready to go for @49ers on 9/12 @Lions.”

(Lions fans will be disappointed to learn that when Sanders says he will be ready to go for Week One, he does not mean he’ll be coming out of retirement.)

Sanders’ comments serve as a reminder of how important it is for everyone to get vaccinated. The vaccines make you less likely to catch COVID-19, but if you do catch it while fully vaccinated you’re unlikely to get very sick and virtually assured of not dying. Sanders did the responsible thing and is in good health because of it.
                Another message I take from this is that fully vaccinated people should quit worrying and start living ...
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Another message I take from this is that fully vaccinated people should quit worrying and start living ...
                  Except the longer it takes the world to get fully vaccinated----the higher the chance there is that it mutates into something that the vaccines can't handle.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Except the longer it takes the world to get fully vaccinated----the higher the chance there is that it mutates into something that the vaccines can't handle.
                    I guess. Hey ps, did Larsky ever end up replying to my questions? I have another question ... since a billion people or whatever catch the seasonal flu every year, why doesn't it end up mutating?

Comment

• The flu virus mutates constantly. That's why you can get it every year. Cuz it changed, man And it wants to make sure you know, it's doing better without you. You didn't even mean that much to it last year. And it has some sexual critiques for you as well.

But, to more directly answer your question - in the way you posed the question..... Because these two viruses (influenza and Covid) are two different things. They might be related.... you know - like how you are related to Redwood Trees, right?

Well, one of these viruses is a larger concern, and a more radical son of a bitch. Well, unless you are a person who is infected with either one of the two and is sitting in the ICU. Then I guess you care more about the one that is killing you.

Or, I guess if you're the guy having a heart attack that can't get into a hospital cuz it's full of True Patriots who won't take the magnetic Foucci Ouchie, cuz ya know - that's how they get ya, and Bill Gates'll be tracking you, cuz you are FUCKINN Interesting....

. Well, tracking you - unless you leave your phone at home. Cuz that is all some serious delusional bullshit.

But, I Guess it makes the two illnesses seem a little different as a cardiac patient shopping for an open ER in a country full of entitled assholes.

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

But ya know... whatevs. I ain't putting fabric on my face!!!!! Merica!!!!!!
                      Last edited by dpatnod; August 20, 2021, 10:58 PM.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Haha yeah that does make sense and was something I already knew, duh. Well, only 2 questions for Larsky, then

Comment

• That is why we will never be rid of this shitty thing.

Thanks, all of you freedom fighters.

(I don't mean you Forsh). It is just exhausting lately. A third of our country is as dumb as a Patricia regime.
                          Last edited by dpatnod; August 20, 2021, 11:05 PM.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                            Ps follow up question ... if the problem is that variants could possibly form which vaccines don't work against ... why is that not possible amongst the unvaccinated with measles and polio? I'm assuming just the type of infection??
                            PS, it is totally possible for this to happen with these diseases.

The thing is, you have to have the infection of the Pollio or Measles disease in a person FIRST to create the petry dish to provide the OPPORTUNITY for the virus to mutate as part of it's reproductive process to develop into a resistant strain. With those diseases nearly wiped off the face of the earth, there are very few opportunities for the virus to do so. And those diseases are also nowhere near as contagious as COVID - further limiting the number of OPPORTUNITIES for the virus to have an evolutionary change.

The way COVID spreads means that if a resistant strain evolving needs a million opportunities to occur, well there are a lot more COVID patients than Polio patients to serve as a playground. And I would hope people would be vaccinated against Polio. But if they are not, the odds of them getting it are not the same as the odds of them getting COVID if they are not vaccinated.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• The flu mutates every year. The flu shot typically deals with a new strain every year.

Covid will mutate as well. Constantly. This is what a virus does. The less protected the population is, the more likely it will mutate.

Larksy will be able to provide better info, but I’m guessing he’s being slammed in the Covid ward right now.

Comment

• Ya, a respiratory virus is the worst that can happen to a population of roughly 8 billion with global travel. It’s really a product of our progress as a civilization.

The Plague killed 1/3 of the population in Europe. Just think about that. 1/3 people dead. That led to massive unrest and challenge of political authority and power of the church. We’re going to go through massive societal unrest and a large global war fairly soon. It’s history.
                                Last edited by The King; August 20, 2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X