Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
    I’m glad you were able to avoid it, Deb. I never got the 2nd booster and I think that may be why I got Covid back in May.

Where did you get the 2nd booster? Did your doctor set it up for you?
    No. I haven't interacted with doctors for any of the COVID shots.

I went to CVS.com and scheduled it nearby. We wound up getting it at the CVS pharmacy inside of our local Target.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• So you didn’t need to do anything special to get the 2nd booster? I thought there were restrictions.

Comment

• About a week ago, I was talking to my sister (MD, who actually had COVID a couple months ago).... I asked about it. I know new vaccine versions are coming soon with the new variants, etc., so I have been wondering when I should get my second booster. My first booster was in late March.

'Now.' was her answer.

I didn't know what the time frame was recommended now, but I didn't think there were 'restrictions'. I just thought it was recommended like 6 months after the last, or something. Hard to keep up with 'best practices'. Guess it is time to get on it.

But I AM NOT getting that fukkin republican hoax polio vaccine!!!!!! I'm too smart for their bullshit.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          So you didn’t need to do anything special to get the 2nd booster? I thought there were restrictions.
          We are both technically high risk. When you register for the vaccine with CVS, I think there's a screening question that helps determine if you meet the guidelines.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

'Now.' was her answer.
            We had been waiting, thinking it might be better to get the upcoming vaccine that covers more of the variants. Then we saw an interview with one of the pandemic coordinators who said they recommend getting it now and that it probably would not preclude you from getting the updated vaccine later this year as well. Given that guidance, plus our impending vacation, we decided to go ahead with it.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I haven’t heard the word “Coronavirus” or “Covid” for a while. Must be waaaaaaaay , fkn waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the league table of news here in the UK. Hear absolutely feck all about it now on any news. It disappeared very, VERY fast.

Reminds me of my best man Big Marko one day after i totally (accidentally) smashed my hand with a heavy hammer while chiseling a wall.
              I was like, “FUUUUCK!! AAARGH! BASTARD!”
              He was like, “Quick, Marko….. put some flux on yer finger and put it in yer eye.”
              ”EH??”
              ”It’ll take yer mind off yer fucked hand!”

Thats what the news is like…….. “Quick, raise interest rates through the fucking roof and slap a quid a litre on diesel…… they’ll soon forget about that Corona shyte from the last two years.”
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

We are both technically high risk. When you register for the vaccine with CVS, I think there's a screening question that helps determine if you meet the guidelines.
                Oh okay, thanks. Yes, I thought you had to be somewhat high risk or higher risk in order to qualify for the 2nd booster. I’ll talk to my doctor about it when I have my checkup in the next couple of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  I haven’t heard the word “Coronavirus” or “Covid” for a while. Must be waaaaaaaay , fkn waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the league table of news here in the UK. Hear absolutely feck all about it now on any news. It disappeared very, VERY fast.

Reminds me of my best man Big Marko one day after i totally (accidentally) smashed my hand with a heavy hammer while chiseling a wall.
                  I was like, “FUUUUCK!! AAARGH! BASTARD!”
                  He was like, “Quick, Marko….. put some flux on yer finger and put it in yer eye.”
                  ”EH??”
                  ”It’ll take yer mind off yer fucked hand!”

Thats what the news is like…….. “Quick, raise interest rates through the fucking roof and slap a quid a litre on diesel…… they’ll soon forget about that Corona shyte from the last two years.”
                  Meh, it's been replaced by how much of a train wreck Man United looks like.
                  Heard the post-match commentary about how the United supports stayed and applauded Brentford - well shit they were the only team that showed up for the match.
                  Might as well get your monies worth from your lungs and hands.

Comment

• They looked like a team in danger of being relegated on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      My family reunion was a couple of weeks ago. It's a bunch of us (around 60 relatives this year, more in pre-pandemic years) "camping" for a week on the west side of the state with a bunch of get-togethers and activities through the week. One of my cousins tested positive after being there a day or two and left. Through the week, others tested positive. And after the week ended, others continued to test positive, including my Dad (his second run with COVID) and some others. Seems it was quite a super spreader event. Although most experienced very mild symptoms, a couple of higher risk cousins had a rough go of it. My husband and I had gotten our second booster a couple weeks ahead of the trip and wonder if that helped us avoid it.
                      I had my 40 year class reunion a couple of weeks back and my daughters EMU graduation last week and lo and behold came down with it. I was terrified looking at that positive result but I remember your encouraging words from the beginning of the pandemic. I am now okay and because I was fully vaccinated I believe my symptoms were just a headache and being tired.

Thanks Deb. And I hope everything is good on your end.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My daughter graduated EMU in 2020.
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I am triple vaccinated and don't worry for one split second about getting Covid ... I thought that was the whole point of being vaccinated. Feel bad for those who are long suffering from it, of course
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• My son got it last month and he was in rough shape for about a week.

Comment

• It's the weirdest disease I have ever seen. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason why it is mild with some and terrible, or fatal, to others.

I believe that being fully vaccinated is everyone's best chance to get through it. I am on the wrong side of a lot of factors and it just had me where my usual 6 hours of sleep was just not enough. 1 day I think I had a little bit of the sniffles but that was the worst of it.

Please get vaccinated if you are not. Don't play Russian Roulette with your life because of politics or fear of the government.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The post I made last week has been liked by Foxhopper, , nice one……. Cheers Fox…… but i was genuinely making the point that (IN THE NEWS) ….. it has disappeared as quick as it arrived. Not saying it didn’t exist or anything like that…… saying that no one gives a fuck anymore in the UK about it and there are still a large percentage of unvacced people. Its just weird.

All news these days seems a bit of a head scratcher. All news seems to be head turning huge…… Brexit, Covid, Trump, Biden, Putin, Ukraine, Boris having a party, Tory Leadership, ……, all stuff that turns heads away from other stuff.

Its the most tinfoil hat-ish thing i’ll ever say but its just fkn weird. Even Ukraine……. Back in Feb, everyone was like, “oh shit, war with Russia?”…… now its not even a story on the BBC News. A topic on the JV show was about lighthouse keepers FFS! 🤷‍♂️
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X