Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
    No one here is saying they intentionally released it.

What people are saying is that creating highly virulent mutant viruses and trying to culture them with human cells for “research” is extremely dangerous because you have a nightmare on your hands if the man-made, or man-manipulated pathogen ever gets out of the laboratory.
    Okay... why would anyone willing create highly virulent mutant viruses in the first place? What would be the endgame for that sort of project?

Comment

No one here is saying they intentionally released it.

What people are saying is that creating highly virulent mutant viruses and trying to culture them with human cells for “research” is extremely dangerous because you have a nightmare on your hands if the man-made, or man-manipulated pathogen ever gets out of the laboratory.
      To what end? Even if they were working on this and it mistaking got out. Now what? What happens next?

I was not happy that the Chinese government tried to down play the disease and the scope initially, but so did Trump.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

And took up for every racist that did anything, or said anything racist. Empowering them to be even more outwardly racist. Empowering Pseudo-KKK groups like the proud boys to be his army. Run over groups of people or have a Racist rally? "Oh those are good people."

It is hilarious you talk about dissention and a lack of civility. Where do you think that came/comes from? The Left is too civil and don't even understand when they're in a fight at times. The Right are uniform and rigid and anyone that doesn't toe the line is a dirty liberal until they toe 100% of the line. I remember a guy that was a lifer Republican who was very outspoken about his love for the party and disliked almost everything Democratic. Then one day he said he didn't feel that Clinton shouldn't be impeached because of the effect it would have on the office and the country. He told me some of his fellow party members said he was a liberal and not a true Republican. I couldn't understand why it meant so much to him, but, he was hurt by that.

Some people do not understand that this isn't a sporting event. It is ok to call out these politicians. Even if it is from your party. Especially if it is hurting our country.

Trump moved the country. Backwards.

As much as I am critical about Biden, I would still take him before a Traitor. I absolutely still can not believe that happened and they pretty much got away with it. And they justify some poor slob just trying to make ends meet and take care of his family and some az hat coward kills him because him 'fraid. No gun, no nothing. And it continues.

It is some real bullshit going on in this country right now and I see no way forward because the right, led by the orange traitor, are rigid, wrong and relentless. What is the end result these people are working towards?
        Yeah, anyone involved in that insurrection should have been shunned out of society. Now they campaign on this nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Okay... why would anyone willing create highly virulent mutant viruses in the first place? What would be the endgame for that sort of project?
          They do this to try and find cures and vaccinations before it is seen in a population. These people go about their jobs (a thankless job by the way) knowing one mistake could end their life and maybe the world's population. But they do this so we do not have a new pandemic every year. I actually turned down a lucrative job offer to work in a CDC lab in Atlanta. In that lab if you make a mistake, you will get locked in the lab and, depending on the contaminant, the procedure to clean the room may cause you to also die. And then you have some yocals throwing shade at you.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Because they can study wild pathogens and see which ones have crossover potential to human beings. Which is great, until it actually infects a human being and causes a hideously infectious new virus.

The dangers of this kind of research are well known, which is why it was banned under the Obama administration. Fauci and the NIH got around it by funding it in China.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yeah, anyone involved in that insurrection should have been shunned out of society. Now they campaign on this nonsense.
              I just can't wrap my head around this. Even the Republican members of congress and the Republican VP were at danger and now they bow down to this crap.

No way would this had happened in the 80s (or before). And the perpetrators, including Trump, would have been held to the highest extent of the law.

Comment

Now here's what I'll say. Anyone who says any President has gotten much of anything done in this political climate is absolutely fooling themselves. When you have a population evenly split with a political system that effectively allows 41% of one house to grind everything to a halt (aka the Senate), you're going to be hard pressed to find any executive in the White House being able to accomplish much of his plans.
                Trump got a lot done. All the takers that populate this forum may not have liked what he did, but the productive portion of society certainly did. Prior to covid, times were good. And they were good because of good policies.

—The $1.5 trillion Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, a globally competitive 21% corporate tax rate, immediate deduction of business expenses, eight regulations junked for every new one inflicted, and Washington’s overall pro-business tone helped generate the most robust economy in U.S. history.

—Total employment (peaking at 158,803,000 working Americans in December 2019) never was higher. Black and Hispanic unemployment sank to their lowest levels ever, with female unemployment the lowest since President Dwight Eisenhower. Median household income in 2019 hit a record $68,703 — up 6.8% from 2018. Wages grew a healthy 3.6% that year, even as the left’s favorite adult toy, income inequality, slid for the second consecutive year under Trump, after rising under President Barack Obama.

—America’s poverty rate fell to 10.5% in 2019, a record low, with Black poverty at 18.8%, its first year ever below 20 %.

—Stock markets soared, thanks to Trumponomics. Since January 20, 2017, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed from 19,732 to 30,814 Friday — up 56.2%. On Trump’s watch, the S&P 500 has rocketed from 2,263 to 3,768 — a 66.5 % boost. And the NASDAQ has grown from 5,540 to 12,998 — 134.6% higher. This is spectacular news for billionaires on yachts and, more important, some 78 million Americans with IRAs, 401(k)s, traditional pensions, and other workplace retirement plans.

—Trump’s approval of the Keystone XL Pipeline, oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, fracking projects, and other initiatives have made America energy independent. The U.S. is now a net energy exporter, to OPEC’s regret and the frustration of Russian President Vladimir Putin — Trump’s "boss," according to four years of baseless, unsubstantiated, evidence-free Democratic lies.

—For those who care, expanded natural gas production under Trump helped cut U.S. carbon dioxide emissions to their lowest level since 1985.

—Trump and the GOP Senate placed 231 constitutionalist jurists on the federal bench: Three Supreme Court justices, 54 appellate judges, and 174 trial-court appointees. The 2nd (New York City), 3rd (Philadelphia), and 11th (Atlanta) circuit courts of appeals all had Democratic-nominated majorities in 2017. Trump’s designees have turned these into Republican-majority appellate bodies.

—Trump’s signature on the First Step Act criminal-justice reform ended mass-incarceration and let some 3,100 largely Black, non-violent offenders begin new, mainstream lives in fiscal year 2019. FSA's inmate releases are expected to increase in FY 2021 by 8,700.

—The president pushed school choice, expanded educational savings accounts to cover K-12 students, reauthorized the DC Voucher Program with $85 million in funds, stabilized assistance to Historically Black Colleges and Universities, conditioned federal assistance to colleges on their defense of campus free speech, and (by shredding Obama’s Title IX guidance letter) restored due process for college students (mainly men) often falsely accused of sexual misconduct.

—Trump vastly improved Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals, launched veterans medical choice, strengthened health savings accounts, required medical price transparency, and secured for terminally ill patients the right to try experimental drugs.

—Trump was the first president to address the National March for Life in person, rather than literally phoning in his remarks. He blocked Title X funds to Planned Parenthood and halted subsidies for abortions overseas.

—The president fought for a southern border wall, to stop entry by illegal immigrants, gang members, drug smugglers, terrorists and others who break into America without permission. Overcoming relentless Democratic objections, Trump ultimately prevailed.

—Trump dumped the cost-rich, benefit-poor Paris Climate Accord.

—Unlike the last three presidents, Trump finally obeyed the 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Act and moved America’s diplomatic mission to Israel’s capital.

—Trump scrapped Obama-Biden administration’s absurd, ayatollah-friendly Iran-nuclear deal.

—Trump flushed Obama-Biden’s asphyxiating rules of engagement and sicced U.S. and friendly forces on ISIS in early 2017. By year’s end, the bloodthirsty, primitive, Islamic-extremist caliphate — which Obama-Biden let swell to the size of two New Jerseys — was blasted clean off the map.

—ISIS founder Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Iranian terror master Qasem Soleimani both were killed via American force.
                eo
                —Under Trump’s guidance, Israel signed the Abraham Accords — four peace agreements (and the first since 1996) between Jerusalem and the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Sudan, and Morocco.

—The president confronted China. He applied trade sanctions for its cheating and intellectual property theft, locked up its spy-choked Houston consulate, slapped travel bans on top officials, and more.

—The president harangued America’s NATO allies to keep their word and spend at least 2% of GDP on common defense. While four nations complied in 2016, today 10 pay their fair share. Through 2024, an extra $400 billion will fund NATO, not at the expense of U.S. taxpayers. This also aggravates Trump’s supposed "employer," Putin.

Now, can any of you lefties give me a policy success of the Biden administration? Unless you consider destroying the fossil fuel industry as a positive, there are none.
                Last edited by Da Geezer; July 20, 2022, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Because they can study wild pathogens and see which ones have crossover potential to human beings. Which is great, until it actually infects a human being and causes a hideously infectious new virus.

The dangers of this kind of research are well known, which is why it was banned under the Obama administration. Fauci and the NIH got around it by funding it in China.
                  I think you are looking at it wrong here. Where do you think some of these drugs and research comes from? I don't agree with banning it and that, to me, was a mistake by Obama. This research needs to happen. But, procedures to assure the contaminant(s) do not escape the lab must have triple checks in it. And if you mistakenly allow it to get released in the lab? Everything in that lab dies. That is just the nature of the profession. You know it before you sign up.

Again, there are diseases that we have cures for (some, they are still working on) that have never been found (yet) in humans. Because some heroes working in bio-suits and scba equipment, put their lives on the line daily to prevent it.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Don't sell him short Chemiclord, Trump and his minions were able to unite the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys to forment an attack on the capitol. That's exactly what the supporters want, they are fighters! Stop the steal! For the Trumpers, the violence is the juice.
                    Yup. He organized all 35 of them. Quite an army, unarmed by the way. OTOH, Antifa and BLM organized 435 riots in the summer of 2020 that killed and wounded thousands. These are the shock troops of American Marxism. But we focus on the one riot, and not the many.

Comment

• Da Geezer missed the Trump accomplishment he values most

Created a tactical alliance with both the proud Boys and the Oath Keepers along with other white supremacist militia groups

Comment

• In Da Geeaer's creepy mind, anybody who thought Brown versus Board was a good decision is a lefty.

Comment

• Anybody rioting or looting should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It goes against peaceful demonstrations of the civil rights movement and it makes progress harder. The violence emanating from those protests should not be used as a what about when your boy Trump assembled a crowd to fight like hell to sack the capitol. As a guy who regularly casts himself on creepy high ground against lefties, Da Geeaer's should be as angry with January 6th as anybody. Trump should have conceded he lost by mid November and stood down instead of formenting what he did. Da Geezer's about January 6th is Trump wasn't successful in his plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            I actually turned down a lucrative job offer to work in a CDC lab in Atlanta. In that lab if you make a mistake, you will get locked in the lab and, depending on the contaminant, the procedure to clean the room may cause you to also die......
                            Can only applaud you for turning down that incredibly insane job. I mean FFS!! Most mistakes take years in court to prove......., this company shuts the door and fucking locks it?! Jaysus Fkn Christ, its like a Will Smith movie.

Nicely avoided, Future.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• In his mind, if you are willing to storm a government building, your soft.

The hilarious thing is I was thinking about his small government bs. He stays out in the sticks. They do not have the money to take care of themselves, roads, police, etc... and this guy wants less government.? But smaller populated areas would be un-passable without OUR money and backing. What a crock of sh!t.

Comment

• The efficacy of gain of function testing is not a subject that anybody is going to have a full picture of reading the all Murdoch media and reading a couple Washington Post articles. Unless you are in the field doing that type of work we don't the true cost benefit analysis we only know the possible worst outcome. To me it doesn't sound like it is worth it, but unless you knew what it was before COVID, I think you are just parroting the latest wind-up merchant talking point.

Comment

Working...
                                X