Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
    You know you think he could actually get my handle right.
    Because he got it wrong, can we now say to you, “Houston, we have a problem!”

Think its safe to say that there may be A LOT very wrong being said…… the name is the absolute bare minimum.

Aw the best.

Marky42

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

My goodness. Such anger.

Jesus' views on homosexuality have absolutely nothing to do with Trump other than Trump was a serial adulterer. Chemicord misrepresented Jesus as being basically mum on the issue. That is not true. Don't get mad at me when I post a rather lengthy quote of basic Christian doctrine from the Bible. You are welcome to define adultery any way you choose. I'm giving you the Christian definition.

And a Christian is someone who believes Jesus died and rose from the dead. If you believe that, then his teachings have extra credibility.
      You don't follow his teachings.

Comment

​​​​​Yes there are different pay scales for teachers. Most get a job after getting their 4yr degree which includes student teaching which they pay the school district for that privilege.

When they get get their first teaching job, the district gives them x number of years to get their Master's. If they don't get it in x number of years they could lose their job.

The next level is a PhD, usually people that take this step want to go into the administration side.

I don't know of any school districts that pay their teachers 100k after two years on the job.
        My sister had a Masters Degree and taught for the Detroit Public Scholl system. She mad around 60k. That dude is a liar and embellisher.

And a Christian is someone who believes Jesus died and rose from the dead. If you believe that, then his teachings have extra credibility.
        Someone needed better teachers. Christian = Like Christ. Not like Paul or any other entity. And guess what? The Devil believes all that and for extra credit he definitely believes in God. The lowest of bars that you hurdle. That is the problem for you. You are selling your soul out for politics and politicians that mean less then nothing.

Jesus (Yesemuh) was a caring being who wanted us to be kind and caring also. He often sought out the meek and desolate to help them. He helped the thieves on the crosses next to him. Especially for the down trodden. He did not like false prophets, the wealthy and especially those that held onto said wealth in-spite of the poor that were really in need. These are the people that you want and fight for daily. This isn't a game. Do not blasphemy Yesumeh for wanting to try to sound like a vessel. You are not.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

​​​​​Yes there are different pay scales for teachers. Most get a job after getting their 4yr degree which includes student teaching which they pay the school district for that privilege.

When they get get their first teaching job, the district gives them x number of years to get their Master's. If they don't get it in x number of years they could lose their job.

The next level is a PhD, usually people that take this step want to go into the administration side.

I don't know of any school districts that pay their teachers 100k after two years on the job.
          I'm sure there's some preppy charter school out there that only teaches a "select few" (read also; rich people) that pays their teachers that to entice them, and as is Geezer's idiom he uses that extreme example as evidence of the whole.

Comment

You know you think he could actually get my handle right. Sorry, unintentional.

I don't know of any school districts that pay their teachers 100k after two years on the job I never said that. I said teachers are paid $ 100,000. Look, the average teacher pay in Michigan is $ 62,000. MESSA health benefits cost around $ 22,000 and almost all unionized schools require that the insurance is from MESSA. The required retirement benefits package is at 30% today or about $ 18,600. Just adding these three items gives you over $ 100,000. And this is for a part-time job. In order to compare apples with apples, accounting for working only nine months, we have 4/3 X $ 102,000 = $ 136,000.
            Teachers are basically unable to understand that their incredible benefits package is not free, but is paid for by the taxpayers. Teachers may retire after 30 "years" (being a real 22.5 years) at about 53.
            The reason the teachers' unions are so intent on stopping charter schools is that charters are often non-union. Starting pay in charters is more than in government schools, but the progression to higher pay levels is not as rapid. Charters generally outperform government schools in academic achievement. Charters receive 63% of what the state aid is for a given district. If Muskegon Public Schools receives $ 15,000 per student, a charter located in their district receives $ 9,450. Plus the charter has to provide its own school building and other capital assets like buses.

When they get get their first teaching job, the district gives them x number of years to get their Master's. If they don't get it in x number of years they could lose their job. This is not true. The last teacher I know of who lost her job for cause was a woman who put double-edged razor blades in apples she gave out for Halloween. The jump in pay from bachelor's to master's is so great that any teacher who doesn't get a masters is an idiot. Whitley has never met any teacher who got less than a B in any Master's class, or Ph.D. class for that matter. All graduate classes in education are simply work rules.

Comment

• Probably not the right place to ask - but how to I block or ignore this guy? Don't even want to hear this absurd shit.

Comment

• I understand that completely!

Click here to go to your User Settings. Next, click on the Account tab. Scroll to the bottom and add the user to your Ignore List.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I'm sure there's some preppy charter school out there that only teaches a "select few" (read also; rich people) that pays their teachers that to entice them, and as is Geezer's idiom he uses that extreme example as evidence of the whole.
                  It surprises me that you have not researched the subject of charter schools. There are hundreds of charter schools nationally and some of them are not good. But the ones located in low-income neighborhoods are far superior to gov schools. Stanford University did the most comprehensive study of the subject about 3 years ago. Their upshot was that charters outperform government schools at all levels and with all socioeconomic groups. They do so at a cost that is roughly 2/3 of what a gov school spends. Charters are substantially more diverse than gov schools, and their percentage of "free and reduced lunch" students is far higher. Charters are public schools with a lottery deciding who gets into the school. They are mostly in inner cities because inner city schools are the worst-performing schools in the nation. Inner city schools also receive the most state aid and a charter's 60-70% of that higher number makes them a better business deal.

I'd recommend you view the movie Waiting for Superman It is done by the same progressive fellow who did AlGore's An Inconvenient Truth. What the movie shows is the lottery process to get into a charter school in NYC, and it follows the families. When we opened a charter in Canton, we had 700 seats available and over 1,500 applicants. As businessmen, we opened another fully subscribed charter the next year.

Do you trust black and brown parents to make decisions that they consider best for their children? If so, why limit the number of charters allowed in Detroit?
                  Are you willing to recognize that no student who graduated form Baltimore Public was reading at grade level? Detroit is in the same boat.
                  Do you know anything about "rubber rooms" in NYC?
                  Do you favor teaching children in K-3 about gender identity? Trust me, that is a recruiting tool in charters.
                  Charters that I owned had dress codes and serious discipline. Charters have an advantage in this because they can expel unruly kids. I've never seen this done.

Research it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                    Probably not the right place to ask - but how to I block or ignore this guy? Don't even want to hear this absurd shit.
                    Truth hurts, eh? That sounds like froot. He is always saying that.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      I understand that completely!

Click here to go to your User Settings. Next, click on the Account tab. Scroll to the bottom and add the user to your Ignore List.
                      Deb, everything I said is true. You, as moderator, should not be hostile to that.

Comment

• Oh BS. You've said plenty of things that aren't true. Like the thing I disproved yesterday, for one. For another, stating that teachers are paid $100k then coming up with some ridiculous math equation to make it match your statement.

I do encourage users to add those they can't stomach to their Ignore List.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• She's allowed to have an opinion. It's not like she's silencing you.

Comment

• Why do people want to people want to ignore. Sounds so condescending and elite. Instead of losing an argument, I'll take my ball and go home.. whatever, but it's funny you will pronounce it beforehand.

As fas as Charter schools, I went to one and they had excellent teachers that were making less or the same as public school teachers but had to have a better degree for the same job.

Comment

• If reading posts from certain people continually makes the Forum unenjoyable, then Ignore is a great solution. I also suggest avoiding politics-related threads as a way to improve the Forum experience. There are those who enjoy this, but it's not for everyone.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                Oh BS. You've said plenty of things that aren't true. Like the thing I disproved yesterday, for one. For another, stating that teachers are paid $100k then coming up with some ridiculous math equation to make it match your statement.

I do encourage users to add those they can't stomach to their Ignore List.
                                The average pay in MI is $ 62,000 google it.
                                MESSA insurance is $ 22,000 for a family
                                Required pension contribution is 30% of base or 18,600.

$ 62,000
                                + 22,000
                                + 18,600
                                _________

$ 102,600

I just don't see this as being "some ridiculous math equation".

Comment

Working...
                                X