Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people talk about salaries, 99.9 percent of the people talk about the gross salary they are reporting on their income tax. It sounds like DaGeezer is using that stupid health insurance argument to get one over on the wicked teachers. He's a bad person, ignore him.
    Last edited by froot loops; September 27, 2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
      Why do people want to people want to ignore. Sounds so condescending and elite. Instead of losing an argument, I'll take my ball and go home.. whatever, but it's funny you will pronounce it beforehand.

As fas as Charter schools, I went to one and they had excellent teachers that were making less or the same as public school teachers but had to have a better degree for the same job.
      Personally, there is no need to have a discussion with someone who is spreading hate and blatantly lying. I am all for a good debate, but some people aren't worth talking to or hearing from. The problem is there is no winning in that type of argument. Everyone loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        When people talk about salaries, 99.9 percent of the people talk about the gross salary they are reporting on their income tax.
        Yes, most actually refer to the figure that is noted on their tax returns as income.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

You know you think he could actually get my handle right. Sorry, unintentional.

I don't know of any school districts that pay their teachers 100k after two years on the job I never said that. I said teachers are paid $ 100,000. Look, the average teacher pay in Michigan is $ 62,000. MESSA health benefits cost around $ 22,000 and almost all unionized schools require that the insurance is from MESSA. The required retirement benefits package is at 30% today or about $ 18,600. Just adding these three items gives you over $ 100,000. And this is for a part-time job. In order to compare apples with apples, accounting for working only nine months, we have 4/3 X $ 102,000 = $ 136,000.
          Teachers are basically unable to understand that their incredible benefits package is not free, but is paid for by the taxpayers. Teachers may retire after 30 "years" (being a real 22.5 years) at about 53.
          The reason the teachers' unions are so intent on stopping charter schools is that charters are often non-union. Starting pay in charters is more than in government schools, but the progression to higher pay levels is not as rapid. Charters generally outperform government schools in academic achievement. Charters receive 63% of what the state aid is for a given district. If Muskegon Public Schools receives $ 15,000 per student, a charter located in their district receives $ 9,450. Plus the charter has to provide its own school building and other capital assets like buses.

When they get get their first teaching job, the district gives them x number of years to get their Master's. If they don't get it in x number of years they could lose their job. This is not true. The last teacher I know of who lost her job for cause was a woman who put double-edged razor blades in apples she gave out for Halloween. The jump in pay from bachelor's to master's is so great that any teacher who doesn't get a masters is an idiot. Whitley has never met any teacher who got less than a B in any Master's class, or Ph.D. class for that matter. All graduate classes in education are simply work rules.
          This had to be a long “test post” to find out how far people read into the post before stopping and sticking pins in their eyes…….. but this woman? Razor blades in halloween apples? Was she locked up and key thrown in Lake Em Eye?
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Geezer loves to leave out the part than when charter schools actually outperform public (spoiler alert, they don't when all things are equal), it's because said charter school was allowed to filter out what children they teach.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              When people talk about salaries, 99.9 percent of the people talk about the gross salary they are reporting on their income tax. It sounds like DaGeezer is using that stupid health insurance argument to get one over on the wicked teachers. He's a bad person, ignore him.
              That's not true froot. 44% of the US economy is small business or sole proprietorships. Sub S corporations and LLC's are pass-through entities. The fact is that almost half of Americans do not get a pay stub.

And non-employees have to pay for their own health insurance and make provisions for their own retirement. To imply it is some sort of trick to include health insurance or pension benefits as part of what teachers are paid is just silly. Maybe we should up their pay but let them buy their own insurance like small business has to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

This had to be a long “test post” to find out how far people read into the post before stopping and sticking pins in their eyes…….. but this woman? Razor blades in halloween apples? Was she locked up and key thrown in Lake Em Eye?
                As far as I know, she was only fired. It was a long case in terms of time.

The MEA takes the position that there are NO bad teachers. NONE. We've all had great teachers and bad teachers. The problem is, with the oversupply of teachers we now are experiencing, why shouldn't the bad teachers be fired? Most here are eager to fire the Lions' kicker after one bad game. Why should teachers be immune to the market?
                Last edited by Da Geezer; September 27, 2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Geezer loves to leave out the part than when charter schools actually outperform public (spoiler alert, they don't when all things are equal), it's because said charter school was allowed to filter out what children they teach.
                  That shows how little you know about the children who go to charters.

What charters DO filter, in a way, is the parents. Again, Waiting for Superman shows the effort of some parents to get their children educated. In our schools, the parents sign a contract to help the student with homework nightly and to be in the school for an hour per week to help. Do you believe poor parents somehow deserve the abysmal inner city gov schools? If not, what is your solution? More money? How has that worked for the last 20 years? More administrators, moving from a 5:1 ratio to a 4:1 ratio of teachers to administration. I was writing about this in the 1970s and nothing much has changed. The American education system is the most racist element in our society. It is not even close.

I could give you a list of all the things that we do that is different than gov schools. But, mainly, we are realistic about what can move a child from 1st-grade level reading to 4th-grade level reading in one year. That is time on task. We pay our teachers 1/3 of base to teach in the summer. Kids lose about two months worth of learning over the summer. Why not keep them in class? We are serious about education and the parents who bring their children to us are also serious.
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; September 27, 2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

That's not true froot. 44% of the US economy is small business or sole proprietorships. Sub S corporations and LLC's are pass-through entities. The fact is that almost half of Americans do not get a pay stub.

And non-employees have to pay for their own health insurance and make provisions for their own retirement. To imply it is some sort of trick to include health insurance or pension benefits as part of what teachers are paid is just silly. Maybe we should up their pay but let them buy their own insurance like small business has to.
                    The cost of a teacher and what they are paid are two different things. It IS disingenuous to claim a teacher is paid $100k by including their benefits. I work in the private sector and would only say I make xxx based on the amount that I have on my tax return each year, or the grand total gross pay on my paycheck. My employer does a good job of showing us what we also have received in benefits, such as healthcare, time off, 401k match, and so on, but no way would I include that when I give a figure indicating what I am paid. Are you really unfamiliar with this? Why would you claim a teacher is PAID this when it is not in their paycheck?
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Also…Geezer fails to figure that most teachers have to re-invest part of their own salary to buy supplies to adequately be able to do their jobs.

It’s like 5-10% of their salary annually. You’re gonna say to yourself “it’s not that much”…..yes, it’s that much

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Someone needed better teachers. Christian = Like Christ. Not like Paul or any other entity. And guess what? The Devil believes all that and for extra credit he definitely believes in God. The lowest of bars that you hurdle. That is the problem for you. You are selling your soul out for politics and politicians that mean less then nothing.

Jesus (Yesemuh) was a caring being who wanted us to be kind and caring also. He often sought out the meek and desolate to help them. He helped the thieves on the crosses next to him. Especially for the down trodden. He did not like false prophets, the wealthy and especially those that held onto said wealth in-spite of the poor that were really in need. These are the people that you want and fight for daily. This isn't a game. Do not blasphemy Yesumeh for wanting to try to sound like a vessel. You are not.
                        _____

The Greek word Χριστιανός (Christianos), meaning "follower of Christ", comes from Χριστός (Christos), meaning "anointed one", with an adjectival ending borrowed from Latin to denote adhering to, or even belonging to, as in slave ownership.

Note that it is about Christ, not Jesus. Christ is the Messiah predicted in the Old Testament. A Christian is a follower of Christ. It does not mean "like Jesus". How about rising from the dead? Do you believe Jesus rose from the dead? I don't know who this guy Yesemuh is, but Jesus' name was Yehsua in Hebrew, which translates to Joshua in English. He was the Christ. Someone needed better teachers.​
                        Last edited by Da Geezer; September 27, 2022, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                          Also…Geezer fails to figure that most teachers have to re-invest part of their own salary to buy supplies to adequately be able to do their jobs.

It’s like 5-10% of their salary annually. You’re gonna say to yourself “it’s not that much”…..yes, it’s that much
                          How much money does the average teacher spend on school supplies?
                          Since 2015, AdoptAClassroom.org has published one of the more popular surveys of teacher spending. The 2021 edition of the study concluded that the average out-of-pocket expenditure on school supplies reached an average of $750 in 2021. Overall, 80% of the 5,400 respondents claimed they lacked basic school supplies.Aug 5, 2022

Don't drink the kool-aid Nick. 5-10% would be $ 3,100 to $ 6,200. The truth is that they spend 1.2% on supplies Which is still too much to take from them

Perhaps we should fire one or two administrators and actually provide supplies from the school budget. And I believe the $ 750 number is way high, but I have no current number for the price of supplies.​

Comment

• No matter what they are paid they aren't paid enough. They often have to buy supplies for their classrooms and help students from their own pockets. They are true heroes and he has the audacity to put them on blast.

He wants to be important. He has self doctored his brain to the point he has proven his narratives in his head and he can't understand why anyone would disagree with him. He is simply a troll who should have left with Archie Bunker. At least Archie was funny.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• One day, a teacher will teach the person who cures cancer. One day a teacher will teach the person he votes for. (I bet that's the only thing that resonates with him)

Jesus was a teacher
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

As far as I know, she was only fired. It was a long case in terms of time.

The MEA takes the position that there are NO bad teachers. NONE. We've all had great teachers and bad teachers. The problem is, with the oversupply of teachers we now are experiencing, why shouldn't the bad teachers be fired? Most here are eager to fire the Lions' kicker after one bad game. Why should teachers be immune to the market?
                                Think if the lions kicker was putting double edged blades into the burgers pre-kick off, probably expect him fired, but also locked up for a while.

By the way, Christianos plays for AC Milan.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X