Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Both-siderism? You just make that up?
    That particular conjugation I did, but not the root word.

"Both sides" is the same sort of thing as "whataboutism," in that it's a deflection rather than an argument itself. It's done to avoid having to actually address the issue, mostly because they don't have an argument, and they know it. See, if you can claim that "the other side" is just as bad, then you don't ever have to actually try to be better. You don't have to think about what's wrong or how it can be better.

Comment

61goXvTLLSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        Both-siderism? You just make that up?
        HEY!!!! I think we talked up the new Washington name - the Washington Both-Siderisms

{I know - Wrong thread - my bad}
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

HEY!!!! I think we talked up the new Washington name - the Washington Both-Siderisms

{I know - Wrong thread - my bad}
          Something more symmetrical I think, Future.

the Washington Whatabouterisms.

WW.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

But what would the symbol on the helmet be?
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

I feel like Trump co-opted the Republican Party. Look at the difference between a gentleman like Romney to a narcissistic, nativist snake oil salesman in Trump.

Comment

Oh there's no doubt at all Republicans sold out their values hard for Trump. I can understand those that just ideologically disagree with the democratic party and won't support it no matter what. How anyone can like or respect Trump though is beyond me.

I do have several conservative friends who have said they can no longer support him because of his divisivedivisivenest's just crazy how it took them so long to get there. The fear of the other side in a two party system us what opens us to this BS.

Comment

Remember Fox News, Lindsey Graham etc were slaughtering Trump during the primaries.

As soon as he was elected they circled the wagons around him. I’m right of center in UK politics but I barely even recognize the Republican Party and would never consider voting for them if I could in their current guise.

Comment

Yeah, at first it seemed like the Republicans were going to keep him in check. That flew out the window somehow.

Can one of you Trump supporters check with Fox News on why our POSPOTUS is so incoherent and unable to communicate? Good lord.

106985792_10158400302209659_5870799609613881506_n.jpg

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

What's really concerning to me is how much discussion has become defined as political.

For example, this pandemic. Wearing a mask is a fucking political statement right now. Which is absurd.
                      It really truly is the stupidest thing ever (how freaking mask wearing during a global pandemic has become completely political).

AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Regarding the topic of bias in news, here's something that caught my attention today. Their methodology seems sound, so I feel like I can share this without much worry. FWIW, we usually have ABC on as our "home" channel and mostly watch it for our news.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/intro-...ia-bias-chart/

mediabias.jpg
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• FAKE NEWS!!!!
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I read a lot of sources daily.

ABC, NBC, CBS, 538, Politico, The Hill, The Guardian, BBC, USA Today, CNN.

I will check out Foxnews just to see the headlines. That’s mainly for laughs, though.

Comment

• Flipboard is good, too. You see a lot of info from both sides there.

Comment

• I have no problem watching Fox News actual NEWS programs. Ya know, the ones Fox actually designates as "news" in their programming lineup.

The other 20 hours a day filled with "entertainment" talking heads can run blindfolded into freeway traffic for all I care.

Comment

Working...
                                X