No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they’ll go SS but arms are always a valuable weapon. If they’re going to start spending anytime soon I’d rather keep the rotation stocked for future years. This might be the lat time in awhile we pick this high
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If you are asking any major league team to land 3-4 regulars in one draft, you might as well ask Selma Hayek out on a date as well.
      Last edited by froot loops; June 18, 2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Selma in Desperado.. man she was baddddddd
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Manning looked good for his first start. 77 pitches and 2 ER in 5 IP. We’ve had progress this year and that’s a start. The arms have looked good. The impact bats are a year away. I think we throw $ at a FA SS this offseason. It’s a crowded market with a lot of options.

It’s time to start to spend. The pitching is pretty much as advertised. The bats are on the way, but we need to add some vet bats even a vet SP to offset the young growing pains. This season has been pretty solid overall in terms of progress. We can at least compete.
          I think Turnbull could be that guy. I would look to move Boyd for a couple prospects. Then in the offseason---I would see if JV would be interested in coming home. Fulmer, Soto and Cisnero seem solid enough in the pen.

Grossman and Candelario are solid complimentary players. The Castros, Rogers, Baddoo and maybe Haase look like MLB players.

It will be interesting to see if Cameron or Derek Hill (assuming he can get healthy) can hit enough to handle CF for the Tigers though it might be Baddoo longer term there. Greene and Torkelson will be here soon too.

You could have a very interesting 26 man roster in mid-late 2022

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Selma in Desperado.. man she was baddddddd
            Ms. Hayek's legal name is Salma Hayek Pinault, but her full birth name is Salma Valgarma Hayek Jiménez (that's a mouthfull!!)

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Weren't the tigers a professional baseball team at one time?
              Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Chris Ilitch told the world they were losing money hand over fist and had them drop down to AAA. It's kinda sad.

Comment

• No, he is going to spend when the time is right, he promised.

Comment

• Yawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      The 3rd pick is a total crapshoot right now. Nobody seems to know what teams are doing. We seem to be in on HS SS like Mayer/House. There’s the college SP in Leiter/Rocker. The HS SP in Jobe. College C in Davis.

A lot depends on what Pitt does. That’s a cheap team, so you figure they cut a deal to save for later. Texas tends to lean college power guys (Davis), but word is they are high on HS SS Watson. Watson is the riser like CJ Abrams from the Greene draft.

I think we go Mayer/Leiter/House/Davis. Who knows, though. Jobe gets a lot of Tigers intel, but man, it would be tough to go HS SP over guys like Leiter/Rocker.
                      Have a feeling that I’ll watch a few CWS games this year and fall in love with one of the Vandy pitchers for the Tigers pick at #3.
                      Rocker was consensus #1 a few months ago. Not so much anymore.

EDIT: CWS = College World Series, not Chicago White Sox.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Ms. Hayek's legal name is Salma Hayek Pinault, but her full birth name is Salma Valgarma Hayek Jiménez (that's a mouthfull!!)

More than a mouthful is a waste - but we'll make an exception here.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          No, he is going to spend when the time is right, he promised.
                          The spending will start after the team gets sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            Chris Ilitch told the world they were losing money hand over fist and had them drop down to AAA. It's kinda sad.
                            AAA might be a reach.

Comment

• Any strong thoughts about the Tigers 1st RD pick possibilities? (... because ARGH! 1st RD picks in MLB is the Avila way!). MLB draft starts on Sunday.
                              Seems like there is a consensus top 8. Marcelo Mayer, Jordan Lawlar, Jack Leiter, Henry Davis, Khalil Watson, Kumar Rocker, Jackson Jobe, and Brady House.

From what I've read:
                              - Marcelo Mayer. Well rounded high school infielder. A lot of mocks have the Pirates taking Mayer at #1 recently. Rumors that the Tigers want Mayer.
                              - Jordan Lawlar. Similar to Mayer. High school infielder. Better athlete, but marginally less of a hitter than Mayer. Texas dude.
                              - Jack Leiter. Dominate SP at Vandy for the last couple of years. Known about Leiter since the Michigan vs Vandy College World Series championship. Might make the most sense considering the timeline. Heard Leiter wants to be drafted by the Red Sox at #4.
                              - Henry Davis. Strong hitting catcher at Louisville. Haven't heard much when it comes to the Tigers and Davis.
                              - Khalili Watson. Recent riser. Good athlete. 1 year wonder?
                              - Kumar Rocker. Another star from Vandy. Fell off a little this year, but has the tools.
                              - Jackson Jobe. High school stud RHP with a nasty slider. Read that he bust rate of high school RHPs is high. A LOT of rumors of the Tigers being interested.
                              - Brady House. High school prospect with power. Might be a fun pick because of the HR potential. Dream of House and TORK hitting HRs together with the Tigers.

No idea who the Tigers pick at #3. Wide open. If the Tigers don't get Meyer or Leiter, I kind of want Brady House for the entertainment factor.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• One of the SS or the best pitcher please
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X