No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leiter or Jobe would be my picks, in that order. I don't see any transcendent hitters, and they both sound like potential aces
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I’ve seen Jobe anywhere from #2 to #10 in recent mocks. The high risk/ high reward prospect of the top 10.
      Gotta love what you hear about Jobe’s slider. Intriguing.

Leiter makes the most sense considering the timeline. If the Tigers are actually going to try to win in the next couple of years… Leiter fits. Henry Davis BPA college bat too. Doesn’t hurt to stock up the farm at catcher with Dingler looking good. I haven’t seen anyone mock Davis to the Tigers though.

Sounds like Mayer is going #1. Some chatter that Vandy is trying hard to get Lawlar to head to college.

Still rooting for Brady House. Buying the koolaid there.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hmm ... I thought by all that's been written they'd go MAYER when he fell to 3rd ... but I think they made the right pick. They said Jackson Jobe has only been pitching for 1 year, and he had a zero.13 era with like 122 k's in 52 innings. This was the upside pick. Mayer seemed safe, but they went with monster upside

Comment

• Avila swinging for the fences with the Jackson Jobe pick.
          Thought the pick would have been Mayer after he slipped. I'm not going to be upset about Jackson Jobe as some Tigers fans appear to be. Would have been ideal if Mayer was off the board so that you wouldn't think about passing on him.

Regardless of the Mayer stuff... should be fun to follow Jobe through the years. Elite slider apparently. If Jobe is a hit, oh boy.

and hey, can't build a MLB team with just 1st RD picks.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Swung for the fences with both picks today. Those are massive upside pitchers. Interesting to see if they can sign both

Comment

• Wow, Ty Madden with pick #32? Nice.
              A lot of mocks had Madden in that #9 to #16 range. Reminds me of the Tigers landing Dingler last year, but Madden higher ranked comparably.
              Wondering if we will soon find out the Tigers are signing Jobe to an under-slot contract.

Fingers crossed the Tigers have enough $$$ for Jud Fabian at #39. Have a hunch it's him if available. Comparable to drafting another Daniel Cabrera. SEC bat. Good value. Tigers went with two pitchers, now it's time for a bat!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Ms. Hayek's legal name is Salma Hayek Pinault, but her full birth name is Salma Valgarma Hayek Jiménez (that's a mouthfull!!)

Stalker
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• They won’t have trouble signing either guy. The Jobe deal was already agreed upon. Most of the 1st rounders have deals already agreed to

Comment

• I don’t like going HS SP so high, but what do I know. Madden was a great get where he got him. I just watched him a few weeks back in the college WS. I have zero problem with going SP.

I wonder if they go another HS guy at 39 today. depending the on the Jobe underslot, they may have $ to chase another HS guy. They have had all night to work out another agreement.

Fabian is the other guy. He’s a great get as a college CF with massive pop, but limited contact.

Comment

• Not a big fan of drafting a guy that high who hit so poorly in college (Fabian). He hit. 249 as a junior. Come on

Comment

• Pacheco is the HS power bat. Got him at 39. That’s most likely where the underslot Jobe $ is going. Looks like a corner guy. Way too big to stick as SS. The calling card is plus-plus lefty power with loft.

Of course, there are also contact issues.

Comment

• I think the Tigers are trying to groom Gage Workman to be the future SS

Comment

• He’s most likely another guy who gets moved off there as he gets bigger. If we want a SS, we just sign one this offseason. It’s not a big deal.

Comment

• I’d have preferred a SS @ #3 but it’s always hard to argue with elite pitching prospects. You can always spend for bats in FA (insert Chris I joke).

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Stalker

I'm just saying that I was born the same year as her, Janet Jackson and Halle Berry.
                                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X