No announcement yet.

All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren’t you the guy that said “good” when it was pointed out that he may have played his last down for the Lions literally breaking his back scrambling around to try and make a desperate play for the second time?

His body of work over the season is still undeniably good unless you’re the kind of blinkered fool who never appreciated his talent in the first place. Great QB’s have bad games. See Rodgers and Brady against the Saints over the last year or so.

Comment

• Don't waste any time worrying about guys who run to the tall grass when things get a little tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        “I kinda miss the days when the Stafford haters at least tried to put some logic behind their arguments even if it was awful. Showing up on the rare bad game just makes you look like a complete moron for ignoring all the good as if there are QB's that don't have bad days.

Wait, you mean in the Stafford thread? You fanboys are annoying as fuck.
        Yeah, This is a "forum". Discussions are clearly going on in here without you. You only showing up for an occasional bad play or game adds absolutely zero value to that discussion.

Instead it makes you look dumb when in a sea of great play you show up for the rare bad and act as if it's the norm despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary. As well as conversations going on in here clearly show there's a lot more good to talk about than bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

A lot of people watch Blue Bloods, it's been on CBS for over a decade. I don't know anyone who watches it, all old conservative people. The same people are all Raider people, living in the past. It's why they hired Gruden, clinging to some notion of rebelliousness of the 70-80s. Raider fans are like the small, very loud minority that calls into sport talk radio. You think there is a lot more than there are.

Bottom line, if it was a Raiders town they would be playing in LA. They are about as relevant to LA as the San Francisco Giants are to New York.
          Oh I get it. Rams fans wear Raiders unis to throw us all off because Rams fans are known pu$$ies. Makes perfect sense. What's Blue Bloods old man.

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Jesus, the Rams turned into the Lions this week
          And the result was the same.

THIS game, in conjuction with the 7 wins illustrates 1 great standard that is continually being misled by the lazy-minded: No one person, QB or otherwise, can WILL a team to victory. The Rams win because the Rams have a great TEAM. The Lions LOSE because they have a terrible team.

Also, we need to get our OL and DL together. We may need to use 9 more picks to get it done.

Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
          These refs suck.
          You spelled ALL wrong
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Future - I didn't mean to offend you about Blue Bloods. You either have to figure out if you want to be cool or not. Join Ramnation.

Comment

• I think Stafford and Barry suffered from a very similar problem. They were the best player on a team and when that team failed, they received the brunt of the criticism. Granted Barry probably didn’t get it as bad as Stafford (probably due to the nature of the position although some have suggested RB was the most important position in the 90s), but he did get criticized for his running style and the “negative yardage”. When compared to Emmitt Smith, Barry “haters” would say Emmitt lifted his teammates whereas Barry hurt his team. Emmitt was great and definitely helped his team, but you can’t ignore the offensive line, the great play from Irvin, Aikman, and their defense was really good and fast.

Comment

• Barry >>>>>> Emmit

Nothing against Emmit. It's not close. And the people talking about that are the DWT dipshits of the world.
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                  Barry >>>>>> Emmit

Nothing against Emmit. It's not close. And the people talking about that are the DWT dipshits of the world.
                  All day long and most would agree with you.

I’m actually glad Barry went out the way he did. AP being a journeymen and Emmitt to the Cardinals is terrible.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Emmitt to the Cardinals is what should have been his whole career. It's revolting that anybody thinks he was a better RB than Barry
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Future - I didn't mean to offend you about Blue Bloods. You either have to figure out if you want to be cool or not. Join Ramnation.
                      intrigued baby says o rly GIF
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Barnwell with the statistical argument why Stafford is MVP at the midway point:

1. Matthew Stafford, Rams

Well, this is awkward. Stafford just had his worst game of the season on Sunday night, throwing a terrible pick in his own end zone to set up one Titans interception before tossing a pick-six to Kevin Byard on his next pass attempt. It's hardly an exaggeration to suggest that he handed the Titans the game; Tennessee averaged 3.5 yards per play on offense and had only two drives top 30 yards. The Los Angeles offensive line struggled badly against Jeffery Simmons and Denico Autry on the interior, but Stafford simply didn't make smart decisions with the football.

Even after you account for that dismal performance, though, he is simply head and shoulders above the competition as a passer this season. The longtime Lions starter has produced 94.8 EPA in the passing game so far. No other quarterback has topped 53.3 EPA. Murray, Prescott and Brady are within 0.1 EPA of each other for second, third and fourth; they're each about as close to Jimmy Garoppolo in EPA as they are to Stafford.

OK, maybe you don't like EPA. Stafford leads the league in Total QBR (69.8) and is averaging 9.2 AY/A, which is the best mark in football (Murray is the only quarterback within a half-yard). As ugly as Sunday's game was, Stafford still has only six interceptions and one fumble. That fumble was a dropped snap which he picked up and then threw to Kupp for a 25-yard gain.

Stafford is doing all of this, strangely, with a negative CPOE! The Rams are creating such huge passing opportunities that his expected completion percentage is 68.8%, and he's completing "only" 68.2% of his throws. In contrast, though, he is picking up huge chunks of yardage when he throws; he's averaging 8.6 yards per attempt, a figure topped by only Murray and Joe Burrow. When you hit lots of big plays and don't turn the ball over very often, you're going to be a very valuable quarterback. So far, even after a disappointing prime-time game, Stafford has been the league's most valuable player.

Comment

• Sounds awful. Thank god that guy is no longer in Detroit. Why would you want the current best pure passer in the league stinking things out?

Comment

• Beloved former quarterback issues stern warning to Matthew Stafford, Rams

The Los Angeles Rams are having a strong campaign, but they suffered a setback on Sunday by losing to the Tennessee Titans. Matthew Stafford and company had several errors that cost them the game, something they can’t afford as the jockeying for position in the NFL Playoffs heats up.
                            After the loss, which dropped the Rams to 7-2, team legend Jim Everett took to Twitter to offer his assessment. While there’s no need to panic, he said the squad needs to be wary of getting dissected by opposing teams, citing the Titans’ strong game plan as an example.

Everett, a former Pro Bowler and a two-time NFL leader in passing touchdowns, sure knows what he’s talking about. He gave a technical review of the Rams’ defeat and McVay might want to take notes.

Stafford didn’t have the best of games against the Titans, committing mistakes and struggling to find the end zone. He has been having an MVP-type campaign, so it might just be an aberration. But as Everett reminded the Rams, they need to prepare more.

The Rams can get back to the winning column when they take on the slumping San Francisco 49ers on Monday.

https://clutchpoints-com.cdn.ampproj...stafford-la%2F

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Naw. It was all Stafford's fault.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Odell reportedly finalizing a deal with the Rams. The big draw is clearly Stafford, guys just want to play with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X