Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Cissi Franzen reveals just how hard Johan Franzen's post-concussion symptoms are on the family. Johan helped the Detroit Red Wings win a title in 2008

And Red Wing Joe Murphy is homeless in Canada from his head injurys. damn

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...gs/1565171002/

I've heard the news about Murphy but haven't seen that documentary yet. That shit is crazy.

I also feel bad for Franzen. He's been hurting for a hot minute.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Fixed that for ya. Mike Illitch, for all the good he did, was also one petty and vengeful little prick.
      Bullshit. Federov was not lowballed. When he left, he signed for less than the contract he left on the table. I will admit however, Wings did not give him a lot of time after the offer was made. I thought they pulled it a bit too quickly.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        I'm sorry but Feds should have stayed. Mr. I has always been loyal to his players and he f'ed up leaving. 91 is one of my favorite players of all time but I don't think his number should be retired in Detroit. This isn't the Lions we're talking about where it was a pathetic franchise with owners that didn't care about winning. This was one of the greatest teams ever and he wanted to play for the Ducks.

Let someone else retire his number.
        He should have stayed for under market value? Despite being repeatedly lowballed every time his contract came up? Don't forget, that wasn't the first time Illitch had tried to dick him in contract talks (the first time required Fedorov basically forcing Mr. I's hand by signing an offer sheet with Carolina).

Mr. I could have been loyal by making a fair offer. Why is loyalty a one-way street with some fans?
        Last edited by chemiclord; October 12, 2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

Bullshit. Federov was not lowballed. When he left, he signed for less than the contract he left on the table. I will admit however, Wings did not give him a lot of time after the offer was made. I thought they pulled it a bit too quickly.
          Because Mr. I basically held the contract for ransom. He'd make an offer, and if Federov didn't sign it immediately, Mr. I came back the next day with a lower one. He expected Fedorov to give him a hometown discount (like fans often screech for), and Fedorov was having none of that shit, nor should he.

Finally, Fedorov said "fuck it," and I don't blame him. The only villain here was Mike Illitch. He was a petty little prick, and he deserved the middle finger Sergei eventually gave him.
          Last edited by chemiclord; October 12, 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• This discussion is stale, put 91 in the rafters and get over yourself.

Comment

• Ilitch did the same thing with Scherzer, he was offended Scherzer didn't take the take it or leave it offer in the middle of the season. He pretty much ended any negotiations with him and Scherzer went to the Nationals for a better deal. that Ilitch pettiness cost the organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Ilitch did the same thing with Scherzer, he was offended Scherzer didn't take the take it or leave it offer in the middle of the season. He pretty much ended any negotiations with him and Scherzer went to the Nationals for a better deal. that Ilitch pettiness cost the organization.
                They offered Max a competitive offer at the time but they always took Verlanders feelings into the complete picture. They always wanted him to be the TIgers highest paid pitcher.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  put 91 in the rafters
                  In Anaheim or Columbus.. not Detroit
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

In Anaheim or Columbus.. not Detroit
                    I hope you're willing to take Gordie Howe's jersey out of the rafters with that shit take.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I hope you're willing to take Gordie Howe's jersey out of the rafters with that shit take.
                      That's retarded. Howe was 40 years old and had been with the team for 25 years. Ned Harkness was the then GM / coach and he was ruining the team. It's a completely different situation.

Lets just agree to disagree
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Tigers leaked that $144/$146 offer to Max. That's what pissed him off. It was on the cover of SI.

Fedorov should be retired. No doubt about it. His impact was such huge and was sucha great two way guy.

Comment

That's retarded. Howe was 40 years old and had been with the team for 25 years. Ned Harkness was the then GM / coach and he was ruining the team. It's a completely different situation.

Lets just agree to disagree
                          Not really all that different. Both felt disrespected (Howe by his role on the team, Sergei by Mike Illitch's contract offers), and both finally decided they had enough.

Just sayin', by your stated standards, there's quite a few numbers in the rafters that shouldn't be there.

Comment

• Give it another 20 years and we'll look at it again
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Mike Illitch held a grudge against Sparky Anderson until the latter's DEATH because Sparky refused to manage replacement players during the strike in 1994. There was literally no reason too stupid for Mr. I to decide there was eternal bad blood.

Comment

Working...
                                X