No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good win to start the season. Husso played really well. The defense had them bottled up for the first two periods. There were occasional breakdowns but for the most part, Montreal couldn’t get anything going. There was never any sustained pressure on Husso. I was kind of shocked that the Wings had 20+ shots in the first period.

Not sure how good Montreal is but I liked what I saw.

Comment

• Yes great start!

Comment

• The defense has been putrid for many years, it was nice to
        see solid hockey being played
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Seems like they started hot the last couple seasons than turn below average.

Comment

• They should be deeper this year, last season they were a one line team. The backline is still a dog's breakfast but hopefully the forwards can be better defensively.

Comment

• I didn’t notice but Mickey and Osgood were both praising Rasmussen’s play as the 3rd line center.

Comment

• The 3rd line was pretty good in general. The Canadiens aren't supposed to be very good this year so we'll see how things go against better teams. I felt like they played better than the goal total. Jake Allen really had himself a day for the Habs.

Comment

• Hopefully last night was a preview of the season for that third line, they were big and destructive.

Comment

• Jimmy Howard was added to the post game coverage for Ballys Sports. I think they should have prepped him a little better because he seemed so nervous and when they asked him to talk he kind of choked and then threw it to Osgood right away. Didn’t watch the rest of it so I don’t know if he redeemed himself.

Comment

• 2-0

Game 2 was a little more of what I expected with the shots. NJ seemed to control the play early but the Wings kept working and were able to turn the tide. Nedeljkovic really played great. Bertuzzi could be out for a while. It looked like he was holding his wrist when he went down.

Comment

• Looks like those signings are paying off. It’s amazing what happens when you land better than replacement level JAGS.

Comment

• It's only been 2 games....lol. Lets wait about eighty.

Comment

• I'm just glad Blashill is gone. He was pure garbage yet he clung to a job for what seemed like forever.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The game tonight was painful. They played well but got boned by deflection goals and another weird one Husso made the save on but it slipped out from under behind him and Kopitar got to it to push it in before the Wings could. Great play at the end of regulation though by Larkin to save an empty netter. Then they got the tie and got a point. Getting a point out of a game like that is a plus.

Comment

• I guess 82-0 was a pipe dream…

Seriously the Larkin defensive play at the end of the game was awesome. And scoring right after that just had that place rocking. It’s a shame they lost but they were outplayed for most of the game. They got aggressive near the end which helped and getting the point is nice.

They need Raymond to start getting in gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X