TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    My house is nearly 100 years old and is the design has exactly one spot where a TV can go. In that spot the best is a 40 inch TV.
    So we're going to see you in the fuck these fucking fucks thread soon?
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      My house is nearly 100 years old and is the design has exactly one spot where a TV can go. In that spot the best is a 40 inch TV.
      Time for a new house.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• No Noid the Fucking Fucks thread is appropriate for only the Fuck who started it😁

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

So we're going to see you in the fuck these fucking fucks thread soon?
          CGTV needs to pay that feller a visit and show him how's it done.

<Why do I feel like spittin in a spitoom now?>
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• In my re-watch of the Sopranos I got to the Pine Barrens episode last night.

Classic.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              In my re-watch of the Sopranos I got to the Pine Barrens episode last night.

Classic.
              How's the rewatch of that show going? I liked it the first time but not great. I'm re-watching The Wire at the moment and I can't believe how epic the character development it.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

How's the rewatch of that show going? I liked it the first time but not great. I'm re-watching The Wire at the moment and I can't believe how epic the character development it.
                I thought it was great the first time, better the second time through. It stands up well. I remember not liking the season where Tony was in a coma very much. I have not gotten to that point yet. We'll see if it improved with age...

A lot of shows now are much more of a slow burn. Many episodes of newer shows leave you wanting, you know, "give me some fucking answers". I guess new shows are more meant to be binged. The Sopranos left you anticipating the next episode, but but not because the last one left you empty. More along the lines of wanting to see what happens next.
                Last edited by CGVT; August 8, 2022, 01:46 PM.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm going to re-watch it after The Wire
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I thought it was great the first time, better the second time through. It stands up well. I remember not liking the season where Tony was in a coma very much. I have not gotten to that point yet. We'll see if it improved with age...

A lot of shows now are much more of a slow burn. Many episodes of newer shows leave you wanting, you know, "give me some fucking answers". I guess new shows are more meant to be binged. The Sopranos left you anticipating the next episode, but but not because the last one left you empty. More along the lines of wanting to see what happens next.
                    Yeah that and the basic: Is there a character(s) that you sympathize/empathize with? Or a character you absolutely hate and want to see them get their come-up ins?

There's no entertainment you can get through where your answer to both those questions is no.

I have the box set with all the seasons
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My only issue with the Sopranos is that they all look like a bunch of gumps. Seriously none of them are imposing at all besides Tony being overweight and heavily nose breathes
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Hilarious...

Comment

• “The Rings of Power.”
                          Felt like the first episode was actually a pleasant surprise. Unexpectedly enjoyed it. Guess it was hit hard by review bombs.
                          - Cinematography and music score breathtaking. Top notch. Definitely has the feel of LOTR. Much, much better than The Hobbit trilogy from a technical standpoint.
                          - Narrative very adequate for a first episode. Setting up a few characters. It has potential as the series goes on. We’ll see there.

Recommend to give it a shot. Hopefully the narrative goes in the right direction and the characters develop well.
                          No biases from me. I would be honest if it sucked and feel like my TV standards are high enough to point out bad television. “The Rings of Power” is good… one episode in.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The biggest problem that new lord of the rings show will have as well as any other show is the internet. Any flaw a super fan might not like gets amplified and it creates bad word of mouth that wouldn't have existed 25 years ago. There are a lot of movies, albums and shows pre-social media that benefitted greatly from not having that kind of toxic shit. I didn't know for 10 years that the Oasis album Be Here Now was thought of as the worst of excesses, responsible for the demise of Britpop and described as the sound of cocaine. I love the album even if it isn't as good as the first two.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              My only issue with the Sopranos is that they all look like a bunch of gumps. Seriously none of them are imposing at all besides Tony being overweight and heavily nose breathes
                              gangsters don’t always look like you think they would. A lot of unassuming types.

Growing up I didn’t think it was weird that so many of my dad’s friends had nicknames. My godfather’s nickname is “happy” (a high ranking union official) I don’t even know what his real name is…my brother’s godfather has been missing since ‘81 (bottom of the Detroit river).

And when I graduated college I went to Vegas to watch the Kentucky Derby with my dad’s friends….where I was offered a job, a very lucrative bookmaking/numbers operation (they like to recruit people they know). I declined. I am the most unimposing guy you’d ever meet….lots of college guys in the mob now, the scams have changed.

Comment

• Anyone watch House of the Dragon? I think it’s really good but it’s missing the Tearyn Lannister levity. It’s all serious and crazy people. GoT was great because it had balance
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X