Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Trading for Conley would have locked in their salary cap but it would have made them much better in the next two years. They would have been good enough to contend for a 4 or 5 seed, he would have been a decent upgrade on what they have been sending out there at point.
    Depends on how Frenchie turns out, I think this kid could be good. If he flames out then you might be right. Blake Griffin alone is an 8 seed, might as well surround him with talent for 2 years then keep picking mid first round.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I was talking strictly in terms of Mike Conley improving the Pistons as we saw them last year irrespective of the drafting of Sekou Doumbouya. The problem with that type of trade and why the Pistons refused at the deadline and now to give those picks up was that would have been the last possible move. You are locked in for 2 years. If the Pistons aren't going to tank they need to keep on trading in hopes to turn a red paper clip into a house. All of Stefanski's moves have been of this type. I like his approach better than SVG or the last years of Dumars.
      Last edited by froot loops; June 21, 2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• $32 million is off the books after next year. Drummond has a team option after next year. I assume he opts in, so we have two more years with our franchise "rebounder." I would just let him walk as a FA, so that clears another $30 million two years from now. Our cap situation isn't too bad. This season it's bad, but we have a lot of expirings which could have some trade deadline value.

Getting rid of Drummond solves a lot of issues. It can't happen soon enough. A non-shooting, non-defensive big is pretty much worthless in the modern era. A guy with his "skills" is pretty much extinct.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Salary cap space is important even if you can't attract the top free agents. The tragedy of the Pistons since.the mid-2000s is as soon as they have space they spend it on anyone available and every time those contracts were albatrosses. You can pick up draft picks or trade for stars, but not if you blow your was on Charlie V or Josh Smith or Jon Leuer.

Toronto just won a title and they were not considered a free agent destination. Golden State was not a free agent destination until they drafted the Splash Brothers. Conversely, you would think Chicago, LA and New York would be perennial free agent destinations but many seasons nobody would take their money.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                l You can pick up draft picks or trade for stars, but not if you blow your was on Charlie V or Josh Smith or Jon Leuer.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• You don't have to have equal salary if you have the cap space but you have to have assets to make the trade. You can use the cap space to take on bad contracts for assets. There are numerous ways teams do this but you have to be able to draft and hit on free agents even if they aren't the premier free agents.

The Pistons are somewhat stuck right now, but that doesn't mean some of their developmental players can't make it. Again look at Toronto, it made great trades for Leonard and Gasol, but it doesn't happen if they don't develop Siakam and VanVleet. If a couple of their young guys pan out, then it is different.

Comment

• Really Blake needs to rest more and play about 60 games a year like hte Raptors did with Kawhi, but if he sits that many games can the Pistons even get to the playoffs? They barely won 41 last year while wearing Blake out.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I can't be anything but happy with the Pistons' getting Doom Booyah. He was projected in most mock drafts to go 8th or 9th. Rangy guy with decent athleticism, runs the floor great, is improving from 3, and there's a chance he's still growing.

The trade out of the 30th pick was something I didn't love but I guess they just didn't feel that there was a player worth giving a guaranteed contract to at that spot and they seemed to really like Syrividas.

After everything shook out, I think the Pistons traded Leuer and the 45th for Snell, Syrividas, Bone, a future 2nd, and $3 mil in cash. If I look at it that way, it seems pretty darn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                          I can't be anything but happy with the Pistons' getting Doom Booyah. He was projected in most mock drafts to go 8th or 9th. Rangy guy with decent athleticism, runs the floor great, is improving from 3, and there's a chance he's still growing.

The trade out of the 30th pick was something I didn't love but I guess they just didn't feel that there was a player worth giving a guaranteed contract to at that spot and they seemed to really like Syrividas.

After everything shook out, I think the Pistons traded Leuer and the 45th for Snell, Syrividas, Bone, a future 2nd, and $3 mil in cash. If I look at it that way, it seems pretty darn good.
                          What's up JD? Long time.

I agree. The Pistons need to be patient. Development of Luke, Frenchie, Syri, Bone and whoever they get in FA in 2019 and 2020, and whoever they draft in 2020. I know currently the team will rise and fall on the shoulders of Blake, Drummond and Jackson, but they need to be preparing for 2021.

They need to resist the urge to rush it. In the past every time the team get's cap space they act like a petulant kid with daddy's credit card and buy any shiny object they can. Someone need to let them know it's ok to not just spend the money. It's more important on who they spend it on.

I have little to no confidence in Gores on being patient though.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• That's cool...

Reaction at party to Jordan Bone being drafted is pure joy (VIDEO)
                            That is joy. Unfiltered joy.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• JORDAN BONEPG, DETROIT PISTONS
                              The Pistons acquired the draft rights to Tennessee point guard Jordan Bone, who was selected by Philadelphia with the 57th overall pick.

He arguably won the combine measurements, ranking first in lane agility, first in shuttle run, finishing just 0.4 seconds behind the leader for three-quarter sprint, and putting up a 43-inch max vert. Bone improved his scoring, minutes, efficiency and almost all of his stats over his three years at Tennessee, and he put up averages of 13.5 points, 3.2 boards, 5.8 dimes, 0.7 steals and 1.4 treys per game last season.

Jun 21, 2019, 12:31 AM ET

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                I can't be anything but happy with the Pistons' getting Doom Booyah. He was projected in most mock drafts to go 8th or 9th. Rangy guy with decent athleticism, runs the floor great, is improving from 3, and there's a chance he's still growing.

BTW, the $3 mil off sets the extra $3 mil of salary they took on with the Snell trade?

Comment

Working...
                                X