Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post

Upon further review, Belichick did not complete the process of the coaching tree and therefore, it is deemed a reproachable post. The result is no Canton. Timekeeper, please set the clock to 1957.
    Lol

Comment

• Such bullshit!

Nobody even knows what a good coaching career is anymore.

Nonsense Fukkin League.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Aaron Rodgers (8 games, 7-1 record)
          • 65.4 completion percentage
          • 2,324 passing yards
          • 16 pass touchdowns, 2 interceptions
        • Matthew Stafford (7 games, 3-3-1 record)
          • 64.4 completion percentage
          • 2,093 passing yards
          • 16 pass touchdowns, 4 interceptions
        • Deshaun Watson (8 games, 5-3 record)
          • 69.3 completion percentage
          • 2,231 passing yards
          • 16 pass touchdowns, 5 interceptions
        • Russell Wilson (8 games, 6-2 record)
          • 68.4 completion percentage
          • 2,127 passing yards
          • 17 pass touchdowns, 1 interception

Stafford playing at an extremely high level. Will be top of the NFL when the other teams have their bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

On top of that, I don't think Belichick gives one tenth of one shit about having a "coaching tree." His legacy is going to be etched in Canton pretty much the moment he decides he's done, and it's going to be beyond reproach. Why should he care if he has disciples scattered around the league?
          A very telling thing happened last year. J. Daniels turned down IND for their coaching gig at the last moment. Horrible timing, but, that was because BB told him he would share all his secrets with him.

Sooooooo when I read that IMHO there is something(s) that he doesn't share with his disciples that is a difference between he and them. The timing was crap, but I can see why he stayed in NE. I also see why his "tree" seems to have something missing.

BQ/MP talk about the "Patriot wa." They don't know the Patriot way because BB doesn't share everything with his assistants.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I kinda read that as, "Belichick and the Patriots are VERY good at determining who is essential, and who can be replaced, and do whatever you can to retain the former."

I doubt Belichick has some sort of grand master manual under lock and key somewhere, just waiting for a worthy disciple.

Comment

• Bellichick failed his first Head Coaching gig too. You ever stop to think the difference between his and his disciples success is in the fact that the "Patriot Way" works better when you already have a lot of high quality veteran talent from the get go?

He inherited a Team with vets that had vets who had already been to a superbowl. Most of his disciples have inherited garbage and let's be honest Detroit may have arguably had more talent than Weis or Crennell or McDaniels v.1 got to inherit but the Lions were certainly not already a legit contender.

Comment

• I think the failure of Belichick is played up too much. He was OK in Cleveland, he wasn't an epic failure. He got caught up in the move to Baltimore, that killed his final season. The year before he went 11-5 and won a playoff game. He had a really good staff in his years there. His firing was peculiar in its timing, I think it was more personal than anything.

I'm sick to death of hearing about the Patriot way, but the way they deal with personnel is the way you should do it in a salary cap era.

Comment

• Belichick took over a team 5 years removed from that prior Super Bowl appearance. I think you're greatly overestimating what they had to work with.

Comment

• Nah, Belichek inherited much of the nucleus of that defense all att 30 or younger i.e. in their prime. A veteran QB, two solid receivers and a RB. All Belichek needed to do was round out that roster - which isn't a defacto easy task by any means but he wasn't working with chopped liver here.

Comment

• What Belichek inherited more than anything else which you have to have to be competitive at the highest levels was a solid locker room. Willie kept that team in line.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                        Bellichick failed his first Head Coaching gig too. You ever stop to think the difference between his and his disciples success is in the fact that the "Patriot Way" works better when you already have a lot of high quality veteran talent from the get go?

He inherited a Team with vets that had vets who had already been to a superbowl. Most of his disciples have inherited garbage and let's be honest Detroit may have arguably had more talent than Weis or Crennell or McDaniels v.1 got to inherit but the Lions were certainly not already a legit contender.
                        Agree with this, but, there is something more. Why would McDaniels turn down a HC gig to learn the secrets?
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• And bringing it back to the thread, most of his disciples didn't inherit a QB. BQ and MP did. All they had to do was put good people around him. So far they would get a C+. Not bad but not good to be a contender. Could beat anyone or lost to anyone.

What happens next? Continue to plateau? Descend? Ascend IMHO is the least likely to happen unless they add someone that changes the dynamics. EVERYONE has the same amount of cap. Everyone has draft picks. They will have to draft and develop (that's hilarious because in my 55 years of living they have never done this) talent to keep pace.

Comment

• I'm not disagreeing that Detroit is the best situation any of "the disciples" has gone to. We are very close to finding out which way this team goes but could go either way still at this point.

I was simply making the point of it's easier to maintain good as a new coach than to build from average or crap.

As for McDaniels and the secrets thing? It's silly. You want your answer for why he stayed and turned down the colts? It's incredibly simple. The Patriots made him the highest paid Coordinator to stay and he made the obvious easy choice as to which was the easier less risky job.

He even cited that was his reason essentially when he said he was going to take it because he wasn't sure of New England's plans for him. AKA "Are they gonna pay me the big bucks or not"
                            Last edited by JGSpartan; November 1, 2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              They will have to draft and develop (that's hilarious because in my 55 years of living they have never done this) talent to keep pace.
                              You keep on saying this as if there is a shortcut to avoid this. They have to do that or they will never, ever contend if they can't draft and develop. Its probably why they will never contend.

Comment

• Yeah that secrets thing is silly. People are so starved for NFL content they take any rumor as gospel. JGSpartan has it right, money talks. Its probably about the same thing Belichick had going when he was with with the Jets under Parcells. His name came up for some jobs, he could pick and choose. McDaniels is in a similar situation, he was probably lukewarm about the Colts job and then the Patriots wanted to keep him.

Comment

Working...
                                X