Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan still has two slots open for 2012-13, as I understand it. Ordinarily, Michigan would be done with this year's class at this time, but with the firing of Seth Greenberg at Virginia Tech, Michigan might want to see if Marshall Wood is interested in reconsidering his commitment to the Hokies. Wood held a Michigan offer, and the entire staff that recruited him to VT is now gone. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

• Speaking of commits that had their coach leave that Michigan may have interest in:

Michigan might not be done with its 2012 recruiting class just yet. As first reported by Sam Webb, Michigan is showing interest in 2012 Ohio decommit Caris LeVert. LeVert is a 6-foot-5 guard from Pickerington Central that originally signed to Ohio in November but has been released from his letter of intent after former Ohio coach […]

Comment

• It's interesting. We have 2 for '13, but as of now none for '14. Obviously, there will be attrition of some sort(Burke, etc) and there's rumors out there that Hatch is done altogether, but it's tricky on how JB will handle it.

Comment

• Well, open recruiting for '14 has only really just started. Michigan isn't able to offer for any 2014 players until June, as far as I can tell.

I'm just going by when Donnal and Hatch committed last year, which was June 23rd. I'm pretty sure that was the first day they were able to get offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
            It's interesting. We have 2 for '13, but as of now none for '14. Obviously, there will be attrition of some sort(Burke, etc) and there's rumors out there that Hatch is done altogether, but it's tricky on how JB will handle it.
            FWIW, there was a photo of Hatch shooting that was posted today:

This doesn't mean he's anywhere near being able to play competitive basketball nor does it mean he's far away. It's just a picture taken by a basketball buddy.

From umhoops.com

Austin Hatch hasn?t played organized basketball since the tragic plane crash that killed his family last June. He has however been slowly working toward that goal, most recently getting some shots up with Indiana commitment James Blackmon at the Spiece Fieldhouse. Blackmon tweeted ?Just shooting with my brother Austin Hatch, hardest worker I know!? and posted this photograph:

Comment

• I wouldn't count on him playing basketball for Michigan.

I do think the University will give him an academic scholarship. It wouldn't surprise me to see Beilein give Hatch some sort of duties with the team.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It would bother me if Hatch didn't get a scholarship.

That said, he's not even standing at the free throw line in that picture, I don't think....
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• No, he's not. He's shooting from 10 feet out, if that. I don't think there's any way he's not a Wolverine but whether he's recovered enough to play basketball at a high level is a different issue. It's just nice to see a shot of him doing something he loves.

Comment

• Regarding the other 3 commits from 2013, I would not be surprised at all to see Irvin, Walton and Donnal all rise up in the rankings. They seem to all be doing well in AAU ball so far.

In Rivals rankings, Irvin is #63, Walton is #72 and Donnal is #116. None are in ESPN's "Super 60". I could see both Irvin and Walton being top 60 and Donnal being top 90 the next time Rivals ranks them and Irvin being in the top 50 by signing day.

He will be playing H.S. ball without Gary Harris and I expect he'll be the offensive leader of that team. There has also been mention of him running the point for his AAU team and covering the other team's best player, so that versatility can only help.

Comment

• I both see Walton, Irvin steadily moving up to top 50 players overall; both look like top 10-12 talents at their position.

Comment

• Irvin dropped a bit for some reason in the last updates. Didn't make much sense to me.

Comment

• I think of him as somewhat in between Timmay and GR III as a H.S. talent.

Comment

• Hatch story:

Comment

• Thanks for that update. That Hatch kid has endured a lot of tragedy, much more than most people have to deal with in their entire lives, and yet he has found the inner strength to fight thru it. I don't know how much permanent physical damage he has and how much more he has to overcome, but regardless of what team/school you love, you gotta root for Hatch.

Comment

• Another story on Austin Hatch. He says he still plans on being part of the 2013 class. That's a major goal to chase as he still hasn't been cleared to play basketball. That would be amazing if he achieves it.

Comment

Working...
                                X