No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockingly un-inept work from Team Husker.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Big 12 had more teams then than now...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think Michigan claims a couple national titles from that era too...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm fairly certain that antebellum national titles are all that M can claim, at least without controversy. M hasn't really been a national player since German unification.

Comment

• Harsh...but accurate...

Damn shame liney isn't around to opine...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Next topic TaintedFuck...Oswald...acted alone re The Warren Commission....assisted by the KGB re payback for Bay of Pigs...or an inside US conspiracy?

Discuss.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Say what you will about Andy, but his handling of the Nullification Crisis (also "not about slavery") was well-done. States simply can't choose to ignore federal law. I sort of wish we had ol' Andy in office to deal with "sanctuary cities" and such. Heh.
                  He also ignored SCOTUS ruling in favor of the Cherokee nation.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• He also ignored SCOTUS ruling in favor of the Cherokee nation.
                    He did a lot of things, but I don't believe this is true. I could be wrong, but the Supreme Court case that actually ruled for the Cherokee involved the State of Georgia.

Comment

• If you care to read Worcester v Georgia: https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/31/515

The germaine portion of a deathly dull opinion:

The Cherokee Nation, then, is a distinct community occupying its own territory, with boundaries accurately described, in which the laws of Georgia can have no force, and which the citizens of Georgia have no right to enter but with the assent of the Cherokees themselves, or in conformity with treaties and with the acts of Congress. The whole intercourse between the United States and this Nation, is, by our Constitution and laws, vested in the Government of the United States.

The act of the State of Georgia, under which the plaintiff in error was prosecuted, is consequently void, and the judgment a nullity. Can this Court revise, and reverse it?
                      Learned a little something today!

Comment

• you should learn how to write a check to the honorable all round good guy winner of the 2016 college picks contest

Comment

• guffaw

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            It was obviously about slavery. The single best piece of evidence is the proposed Crittenden amendment. There are ample other contemporaneous statements from southern leaders.

It was, to a lesser degree, about power. It was clear that the North would gain eventual power over the South, but it was power measured in "free or slave" states.

Secession was the decision of the politically powerful and the politically powerful made the decision based on slavery. The poor folks then fought for their state loyalties. But when you're looking at why the South committed treason you look at the decision-makers, not the private from Threetoe, Georgia.

Lincoln's quote is irrelevant in that (a) it's after the fact of secession; and (b) he wasn't making the decision to secede. The reason for the decision to secede was clear. At that point, Lincoln's hand was forced. Sure, if he could have preserved the union by passing an amendment anointing Santa Claus Senator Pro Tem, he would have. But the South left him once choice and they did so in the name of slavery.

And then the treasonous fucks were entirely and thoroughly conquered.
                            At the risk of agreeing with you too much, this is damn near perfect

Comment

• Sally Yates testifies next week. 'Sources' say she will contradict the WH's series of events.

Former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates is prepared to testify before a Senate panel next week that she gave a forceful warning to the White House regarding then-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn nearly three weeks before he was fired, contradicting the administration’s version of events, sources familiar with her account tell CNN.

Comment

• Get a big bucket of popcorn for next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X