No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You obviously don't get that hack doesn't get it.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Get what?
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I have no idea anymore, but go with it, CG.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Me neither.

Comment

• A belated happy Veterans Day:

Comment

• Get what?
              Me neither.
              The babe you screwed in the bathroom when you were 26 on your only trip to Vegas. I say again, you got it.

Comment

• At least that.

Comment

• Comment

• You're young enough that you'll probably one day be a resident of the 11th province. STFU and show some respect for your commander-in-chief's father.

Comment

• a third generation Castro?

Comment

• Could be. Certainly his mama slept around a bit. All I know is that when he shook hands with President Trump, he made Trump look like a fucking pussy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Could be. Certainly his mama slept around a bit. All I know is that when he shook hands with President Trump, he made Trump look like a fucking pussy.
                          except Castro was the first to break eye contact and look down. You know, the sign of a beta male

?\_(ツ)_/?

Comment

• Stuffing or Dressing?

With Thanksgiving coming up, it is time to bring up this age-old argument of whether the side dish that accompanies the bird is called stuffing or dressing.

I grew up in Michigan and we usually called it stuffing, even if it wasn't actually stuffed into the bird. We also called it dressing, and honestly, we didn't think much about it.

But...

When I move to the south some thirty odd years ago, I was introduced to people that actually gave a shit about it. It is unequivocally dressing. To call it anything else, even if it is stuffed into the bird, is looked down upon with disdain and shows you to possibly be a carpetbagger or scalawag and most certainly be a Yankee transplant.

I've found that the term is pretty regional, and have even heard those backward-ass Pennsyltuckians call it filling (totally unacceptable in any circumstance)

What do you all call it?
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              except Castro was the first to break eye contact and look down. You know, the sign of a beta male

?\_(ツ)_/?
                              LOL. You found possibly the one way to spin that. Kudos for that, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Stuffing or Dressing?

With Thanksgiving coming up, it is time to bring up this age-old argument of whether the side dish that accompanies the bird is called stuffing or dressing.

I grew up in Michigan and we usually called it stuffing, even if it wasn't actually stuffed into the bird. We also called it dressing, and honestly, we didn't think much about it.

But...

When I move to the south some thirty odd years ago, I was introduced to people that actually gave a shit about it. It is unequivocally dressing. To call it anything else, even if it is stuffed into the bird, is looked down upon with disdain and shows you to possibly be a carpetbagger or scalawag and most certainly be a Yankee transplant.

I've found that the term is pretty regional, and have even heard those backward-ass Pennsyltuckians call it filling (totally unacceptable in any circumstance)

What do you all call it?
                                It's stuffing, and hands down my aunt's home made stuffing is the best. It's a meal in itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X