No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right. This is for Sessions seat. The term expires in 2019. So, back at it next November!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Steve Cohen, the ranking member on the House judiciary committee's Constitution subcommittee, has filed articles of impeachment.

House Democrats introduced articles of impeachment Wednesday against President Donald Trump, though they acknowledged their efforts have no chance of success while Republicans control both houses of Congress.

Pretty funny stuff, going nowhere fast. But it gives Chump's froth mouthed deep throaters something to howl about.

On a more cynical note, I wonder if its simply an attempt to make our mentally unstable Cheeto-in-charge REALLY go off the deep end and make invoking the 25th amendment a possibility.

Or maybe the dems are simply stealing from the GOP playbook. Bombard the media with negative news (true or not) about the person/politician (ala Clinton or Obama) in order to produce "Trump fatigue" around election time. This is unnecessary as Trump does well enough on his own.

Hopefully our resident troll will chime in, for entertainment value of course.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I really don't buy that there is going to be much, if anything, that is 1 vote away from passing or not. It just means that 1 less R has to peel off from the party and take the publicity hit. But, I have a hard time imagining a bill that would only peel off 1 R, and not 2 or 3 or 4 (if they were forced to).

AA:

Do you think Moore can win an R primary in 2018?

That is a great question, Talent. He isn't going to have support from the Republicans (from Trump to the others) regardless, and if he withdraws now, it will be seen as admitting guilt by the bible-thumpers in the state who want him to criminalize homosexuality and abortion. I think he has already sucked his fake charity dry, so funding would be nil for any House or Sessions's seat run. I think if he quits now, he's done with national politics and would look to run for state Chief Justice again.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Right. This is for Sessions seat. The term expires in 2019. So, back at it next November!

House seats, too!
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Serious question AA. What is it about (some) Alabama voters? Are they single topic voters where the person doesn't matter? Are they party voters, again where the person doesn't matter? What motivates them to support moral bankruptcy yet claim moral superiority?
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'm fascinated to see what happens when this POS gets elected. Because it's going to happen.

Comment

• Look at this poor dog's ear. He's at the kennel on 24 hour suicide watch.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Serious question AA. What is it about (some) Alabama voters? Are they single topic voters where the person doesn't matter? Are they party voters, again where the person doesn't matter? What motivates them to support moral bankruptcy yet claim moral superiority?
                  They rationalize Moore is the target of a left wing conspiracy. Judge Roy is doing the work of the Lord and the libs are looking to make up any story they can to discredit him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    Serious question AA. What is it about (some) Alabama voters? Are they single topic voters where the person doesn't matter? Are they party voters, again where the person doesn't matter? What motivates them to support moral bankruptcy yet claim moral superiority?
                    It's all about the R. Period.

They think the Repubs are doing God's work.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      Christ, they have to do this again next year? Jesus.

In that case I would agree with you, that he should step aside and announce a write in or however that works. I personally prefer Mo Brooks.
                      Finally, an issue on which you and I are at least in the same ballpark -- I personally prefer Mel Brooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        I'm fascinated to see what happens when this POS gets elected. Because it's going to happen.
                        I'm for whatever helps us hit bottom faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Finally, an issue on which you and I are at least in the same ballpark -- I personally prefer Mel Brooks.
                          :Kapture googles Mel brooks:

Comment

• You assume there is one.

Comment

• It's good to be the King!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• True story Linds...

Lindsey Graham:

"If you get kicked out of a mall, that's a pretty bad situation to find yourself in ... He was on the no-fly list for a mall, which is pretty stunning."

Comment

Working...
                                X