Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    Yeah, you seem like a smart, level headed, let it play out kinda cat.
    why not? I've seen this page from the leftist playbook before. Herman Cain, Donald Trump... win, lose or drop out, you will never hear from these women again. Allred was the icing on the cake for me.

I don't know if the allegations are true or not, and honestly I would rather have a write in candidate or take whatever process available to remove Moore once elected. He's tarnished to the point of being utterly ineffective once he gets to Washington. But because Alabama is backwards, they can't replace him on the ballot. So, if the options are Moore or a democrat, I would choose Moore and immediately take steps to replace him once elected. I don't know much about write in candidacies, or if Strage were to resign today if that would trigger the special election process all over, so I support electing and replacing once we get to the bottom of all this, which will not happen before the election. He has denied sexual contact with the 14 year old, he has denied the latest incident of forced sexual contact (which given her body language in the presser I completely believe Moore on that one). there is no getting to the bottom of the allegations in the next three weeks.

But the thought of the Democrats calling for him to pull out and have the Democrat run unopposed, and the establishment republicans calling for him to pull out of the race knowing that a replacement can not happen chaps my ass. This is going to be the new "BIGOT, NAZI, KKK, RACIST SEXIST ANTI GAY" from the left, right out of their playbook. They are fine with alleged rapists in their own party, defend at all cost, but all of a sudden grow morals and demand that these candidates drop out of their races a month prior to an election, this is their new tactic. I agree that someone doing what Moore has been alleged of doing has no place in politics, but we don't know if he did or not.

Comment

• You're getting a chapped ass over politics as usual?

Shocking.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        You're getting a chapped ass over politics as usual?

Shocking.
        look, it's one thing to say that someone doesn't care about the poor, or "this bill will kill thousands" or they want to steal your money and give it to those that won't go get a job" etc etc, outrageous in their own right, but just for one second assume that Roy is telling the truth. the act of destroying a person over false allegations because politics is a much different level of immoral. again, just assume for a second that he is telling the truth.

this must not become politics as usual. Particularly since all of the recent cases have no proof and have completely disappeared, minus Summer what's her face who is not suing Trump over the alleged assault, but for defamation of character haha.

Comment

• Kapture...don't worry about these libtards...they are stupid and don't even know it...ignorance is bliss to them...keep kicking their asses...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not worried, they don't occupy any moral high ground here, they tolerated this and more for decades.

[ame]https://youtu.be/k4XMvWIRmx0[/ame]

btw the left has called this video an alt-right fake hahaha

Comment

• Jettisoning Roy Moore costs almost nothing. And it keeps the Rs on the high ground when compared to the shameful shit for the Kennedys, Bill Clinton and the whole of Hollywood. Or, unrelated to sex, Menendez's shameful shit that no one really cares about.

Sessions seat is back up in 2018. They get another bite at the apple with someone who is presumably not dogged by allegations. Any normal R is going to win in 2018. So, you lose a seat and it goes down to 51-49 or whatever for the next year. So what. It's worth it to put this shit to bed.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Are these allegations proven or are they.mear allegations? I believe Moore until there is hard evidence, you know, innocent until proven guilty. And no, a victim that is going through Allred who doesn't go to memory once when telling her story, signs of deception in her body language, good actor but shes not telling the truth. I wonder how much she has been paid... i digress.
                I look with a jaundiced eye at anything Allred touches. But the signature in the yearbook seems to me to be evidence. Moore's attorney says there were handwriting experts who say it is a forgery, but that sure looks like his signature.

Let's also remember that this is politics, not a criminal trial. In the political sphere, things do not have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and there is no presumption of innocence. The press is intentionally conflating what was allegedly done with respect to a 14-year-old with what was allegedly done with a 17-18-year-old. If Moore did what is alleged to the 14-year-old, he should drop out. If it involved a 17 or 18-year-old, then, IMO, he ought to fess up to the matter. I can imagine a 32-year-old DA in 1977 dating a homecoming queen. Not saying it is right, just that I can imagine it. I can also imagine a DA asking the mother's permission to date her 17-year-old daughter. I believe DAs have to stand for election every four years. Was dating an 18-year-old really so unthinkable in 1977?

But the allegation of the 14-year-old just has the ring of truth to it. She says he took off her clothing down to her bra and underpants and then felt her. I believe her.
                Last edited by Da Geezer; November 15, 2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Sessions seat is back up in 2018. They get another bite at the apple with someone who is presumably not dogged by allegations. Any normal R is going to win in 2018. So, you lose a seat and it goes down to 51-49 or whatever for the next year. So what. It's worth it to put this shit to bed.
                  Amen to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Jettisoning Roy Moore costs almost nothing. And it keeps the Rs on the high ground when compared to the shameful shit for the Kennedys, Bill Clinton and the whole of Hollywood. Or, unrelated to sex, Menendez's shameful shit that no one really cares about.

Sessions seat is back up in 2018. They get another bite at the apple with someone who is presumably not dogged by allegations. Any normal R is going to win in 2018. So, you lose a seat and it goes down to 51-49 or whatever for the next year. So what. It's worth it to put this shit to bed.
                    That vote is needed NOW though to ram things through. For the GOP long term what you are saying makes the most sense.

Comment

• Wait, more Biden videos? I thought we put those to bed until both (a) an accusation is made by one of the girls and (b) he is on the ballot somewhere.

Roy is getting elected. He isn't stepping aside and he will win his seat. I'm just glad to have him living in Washington. He's hack's problem now. Not mine.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That vote is needed NOW though to ram things through. For the GOP long term what you are saying makes the most sense.
                        I really don't buy that there is going to be much, if anything, that is 1 vote away from passing or not. It just means that 1 less R has to peel off from the party and take the publicity hit. But, I have a hard time imagining a bill that would only peel off 1 R, and not 2 or 3 or 4 (if they were forced to).

AA:

Do you think Moore can win an R primary in 2018?

Comment

• Tax reform/cut. Has always been the biggest goal. They have a lot riding on that and a limited time in which to do it. They need that vote.

Comment

• Tax reform/cut. Has always been the biggest goal. They have a lot riding on that and a limited time in which to do it. They need that vote.
                            Right, but what I'm saying is I don't see a bill that gets 50, but not 51. I don't see where the loss of the vote matters. IMO, the bill is going to be unanimous R (or, since they have 1 vote to play with, they can let someone go off and vote no for political show) or it's not passing -- there will be 4 or 5 or 6 Rs that won't back it.

JMO. And I'd very much like to see tax reform pass.

Comment

• shaddup hack
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Jettisoning Roy Moore costs almost nothing. And it keeps the Rs on the high ground when compared to the shameful shit for the Kennedys, Bill Clinton and the whole of Hollywood. Or, unrelated to sex, Menendez's shameful shit that no one really cares about.

Christ, they have to do this again next year? Jesus.

In that case I would agree with you, that he should step aside and announce a write in or however that works. I personally prefer Mo Brooks.
                                Last edited by Kapture1; November 15, 2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X