Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon:

I was discussing polls when I said that Trump's policies win over progressive policies or politicians espousing them. Trump is not my candidate, which is the whole point I was trying to make. I can not imagine anyone approving of Trump himself. I can imagine of persons approving of the policy prescriptions he ran on.

I am a true Libertarian, fiscally conservative, socially liberal, holding the belief that gov't should be severely restricted in what it may or may not do. I did not vote for Billlary or Chump - I voted for someone I would have been proud to have as President. That's my litmus test, would you be proud of your candidate?
    Heh. Jon, you are about as far from Libertarian as anyone I have ever listened to. Do you favor the government paying for half of all births in the US through Medicaid? Of course, you do. (your context is "government should stay out of reproductive health which should be left to individuals"). It is assuredly NOT Libertarian to tax some to pay for the totally predictable consequences of the conduct of others. The only Libertarian thing you have said on this forum is that you want no restrictions (like photo ID) on voting. Affirming the status quo is a very different thing than being libertarian.

Do you favor the government paying for over half of all deliveries in the US.
    Do you favor affirmative action?

Comment

• However, they - as in the Govt - ought not be basing decisions on race. In this regard, California is actually a model. Weird.
      Correct. It seems obvious that the way to stop discrimination is to stop discriminating.

The CA situation is indeed interesting. Berkley is over 50% minority which sounds great, until one realizes that most of the "minority" students are Asian. Why are Asians never mentioned when those here seek more Black and Latino (and rural poor) admissions? Could innate intelligence or work ethic have something to do with the academic success of Asians?

Comment

• Innate intelligence?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          Heh. Jon, you are about as far from Libertarian as anyone I have ever listened to.
          You don't know many libertarians do you? Those who espouse social darwinism are NOT libertarian. Faux libs can easily be identified by their obsession with taxes and profit.

Libertarians believe that there should be as few restrictions on daily life as possible. Say you're my next door neighbor. You and your wife decide to have an abortion. Go right ahead, that's you and your spouses' choice. You want to worship hot dogs at the 1st Church of Prolonged Agony and Gooey Death all while slamming Jews, Christians and Muslims in your pulpit speeches? Have at it so long as you don't try to bring me into it. You want to fill your gun safe with automatic weapons for home defense? Just don't shoot in my direction, please.

True libertarians feel that responsible individuals should have the freedom to be responsible. Phony libertarians twist the ideology to support whining about taxes and profits. You do what you want and I'll do what I want - so long as nobody gets hurt, its all good.

Libertarianism is about personal liberty. Money does not enter into the equation. That's where the ideology gets hijacked.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          Do you favor the government paying for over half of all deliveries in the US.
          Do you favor affirmative action?
          No and no. Those two questions have absolutely nothing to do with libertarianism or personal liberties. So why bring them up?
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            With all due respect, why on earth does what you lean to matter? The facts are the facts.
            the facts are he was shot in the back twice

he was a dnc staffer suspected of being the source of Hillary email leak

his killer is being still sought

he had nothing stolen

Julian assange offered the reward for his killer

certainly not cut and dry to us non sheep

with all do respect

speaking of sheepherders

AA hitting the sauce again smoking dutchmasters and drinking winecoolers again no doubt ---or whatever those scots do when not herding sheep

Comment

• "with all do respect."

Grunts and whistles. Grunts and whistles.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I still missed the part where your belief matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  the facts are he was shot in the back twice

he was a dnc staffer suspected of being the source of Hillary email leak

his killer is being still sought

he had nothing stolen

Julian assange offered the reward for his killer

certainly not cut and dry to us non sheep

with all do respect

speaking of sheepherders

AA hitting the sauce again smoking dutchmasters and drinking winecoolers again no doubt ---or whatever those scots do when not herding sheep
                  Crash- Just to be perfectly clear, you believe a non-sheep would believe the following have an equally likely chance of having occured:

1) Seth Rich was killed in a robbery attempt.

2) Seth Rich was killed on the orders of Hillary Clinton and thousands of people are in on it, including unknown members of the DC Police, the FBI and Seth Rich's own parents.

Comment

• Three Trump/Flynn loyalists have been fired from the National Security Council in the past couple weeks: Rich Higgins, Derek Harvey, and today Ezra Cohen-Watnick. Interesting. All were strident anti-Islamist guys who favored the hardest line possible with Iran.

You'll recall Cohen-Watnick was one of the dopes who brought Devin Nunes over to the White House to share with him the horrifying truth about the tremendously illegal unmasking that's been going on.

National security adviser H.R. McMaster fired retired Army Col. Derek Harvey from his role on the National Security Council, a spokesman said Thursday.

The national-security adviser removed Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence, in his latest move to assert control of the office he leads.

Comment

• On unmasking itself, here's Andy McCarthy from NRO. I don't really like him and agree with him maybe 3% of the time but he's no longer buying the 'unmasking scandal'. Explains why in three tweets

[ame]https://twitter.com/AndrewCMcCarthy/status/892547435179978752[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/AndrewCMcCarthy/status/892548561447026689[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/AndrewCMcCarthy/status/892549125094486016[/ame]

Comment

• Wow...Trump holds a meeting with Mattis and other Generals. Tells them we're losing the war in Afghanistan. Complains that we aren't doing enough to let American mining companies gert at Afghanistan's riches. Suggests the top man in charge (General Nicholson) needs to be fired. Then breaks up the meeting after deciding nothing.

Trump compared Afghanistan to the '21' Club, pushed to fire the U.S. commander, and also said the U.S. should get some of the country's mineral wealth.

Comment

• It sounds like the deep state is making progress, hopefully Gorka and Bannon next.

Comment

• Stealing a countries resources is a war crim, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              It sounds like the deep state is making progress, hopefully Gorka and Bannon next.
                              Gorka would probably be high on the list of targets but I don't think he's really in charge of anything and has zero responsibilities other than appearing on tv, so he's mostly harmless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Three Trump/Flynn loyalists have been fired from the National Security Council in the past couple weeks: Rich Higgins, Derek Harvey, and today Ezra Cohen-Watnick. Interesting. All were strident anti-Islamist guys who favored the hardest line possible with Iran.

You'll recall Cohen-Watnick was one of the dopes who brought Devin Nunes over to the White House to share with him the horrifying truth about the tremendously illegal unmasking that's been going on.

National security adviser H.R. McMaster fired retired Army Col. Derek Harvey from his role on the National Security Council, a spokesman said Thursday.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ouncil/535767/
                                These guys sound like Bannon guys.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X