Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraternal Twins?
    Attached Files
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump kind of needs to watch what he says in regards to this news, Mueller has other things in the hopper. His actions and words are possible pieces of evidence in an obstruction of justice case which isn't broached directly with today's news.

Comment

• In particular, with Manafort, he was forced out almost immediately after the Ukraine story broke -- presumably, the same facts that are going to send him to jail -- the $12M off the books lobbying stuff. I mean, it was clear he was going to get indicted.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          Fraternal Twins?
          Uncanny

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            Fraternal Twins?
            Exactly. Not much difference. Both deal/dealt alternative facts.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Overlooked it before, but everyone should take note of the footnote on Page 8 of the statement against GP

George Papadopoulos, a former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, pleaded guilty for making a false statement to the FBI, according to records unsealed Monday.

EDIT: The Wash Post has previously reported that this was Manafort forwarding the email to Rick Gates
              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 30, 2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...r-probe-244314

Tony Podesta stepping down from lobbying giant amid Mueller probe

Podesta announced his decision during a firm-wide meeting Monday morning and is alerting clients of his impending departure.
                  By ANNA PALMER 10/30/2017 01:02 PM EDT

Not surprising considering Manafort worked closely with the Podesta Group during the time of the crimes he was just charged with...

Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Real questions is when Mike Flynn and Tony Podesta will be charged...
                  8)
                  Last edited by Kapture1; October 30, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Good. Put them all in jail.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• and Vin Weber of Mercury Public Affairs, also worked closely with Manafort around the same time, lobbying for European Centre for a Modern Ukraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Good. Put them all in jail.
                        Yep. No sleep will be lost over a few lobbyists.

Comment

• It is important to note that Papadapolous guilty plea was sealed because the Feds didn't want to undermine him as a proactive cooperator.

Comment

• I can't remember where I heard it, but there was already a federal investigation of Manifort/Gates prior to the naming of Mueller. That earlier investigation provided much of the investigative data used in the indictment released today.

What amazes me is that when Don Jr. released his emails which showed that he was trying to dig up dirt on Hillary, the progs here were using words like treason. GP was doing basically the same thing: trying to get the Trump campaign to get dirt on Hillary, supposedly from the Russians. On the other hand, we do have the Buzzfeed dossier that was, in fact, paid for with $ 10-12 million from the DNC and the Hillary campaign. But that is just "...opposition research, everybody does that..."

One thing I'll be looking at going forward is "fruit of the poisoned tree" as it relates to the application for FISA or other warrants. If the FBI knew that the dossier was untrue, and if it formed a basis for seeking a warrant, then anything arising from that warrant is inadmissible.
                            Last edited by Da Geezer; October 30, 2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Who said treason?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Who said treason?
                                Tim Kaine for one, I can compile a list if you really want to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X