Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The standard conclusion based on past results is that the Rs get whipped. Only a remarkably favorable Senate map gives them much hope. But, I've yet to be right about an election involving or relating to PDJT.
    There are no past results that are comparable, because there has never been a President -- at least not in the mass media era -- who has been so unpopular for almost entirely personal reasons that don't overlap with up/down Congressional voting. Previous red or blue wave elections have always had at least one or two huge galvanizing issues around which the opposition rallied. Whether or not the midterms can be turned into a referendum on the President's personality is anyone's guess. The no-brainer winning strategy is for the Democrats to trick the Republicans into accepting it as a referendum on Donald Trump, the person, isntead of Donald Trump's policies. I have made my expectation of that outcome pretty clear. Early numbers do not favor Republicans right now, but there is a while to go too.
    Last edited by Hannibal; January 31, 2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• My company experiences some difficulty gaining the engineering help we need, but that's because our niche is somewhat narrow which limits the available talent pool. We also wait for the right person (experience, motivation, thoroughness and education). We don't hire new grads because experience is critical. Drug testing, which we don't do, would further winnow the acceptable candidates. We pay above market value, so we see a lot of chaff along with the wheat when posting positions. However, retention and quality is not a problem when you're willing spend money to make more money.

I don't know if my company's experiences can be inferred to business in general. It's somewhat unusual in that all employees, even the secretaries, must have a four year degree or you don't make it past the first cut. Menial work is farmed out.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• There are no past results that are comparable, because there has never been a President -- at least not in the mass media era -- who has been so unpopular for almost entirely personal reasons that don't overlap with up/down Congressional voting.
        Right, Hanni -- "PDJT is such an issue of first impression in every election that I'm left wondering" if the past may not predict the future.

As for your job search comments, I think it's worth reiterating that my comments were more of sector-based -- manufacturing companies hiring GED/2yr degree employees at hourly rates in the neighborhood of $15-25.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          Gearing up for Maxine's response >D
          "I don't trust a word he says, so why pretend". Bombshell. Hope you can recover from her scorching hot take that everyone with a brain thinks.

Comment

• The FBI and Chris Wray publicly defy Trump/Nunes. Oh my. No anonymous sources here. Another FBI Director to fire

FBI Director Christopher Wray publicly clashed with President Donald Trump on Wednesday over a controversial Republican intelligence memo, furthering the rift between the President and the agency investigating ties between his campaign and Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              "I don't trust a word he says, so why pretend". Bombshell. Hope you can recover from her scorching hot take that everyone with a brain thinks.
              ?government run by and for billionaires and promoting racist policies targeting people of color.?

I mean give me a fucking break.

If you really believe that, then you are living in your own reality.

Comment

• The FBI and Chris Wray publicly defy Trump/Nunes. Oh my. No anonymous sources here. Another FBI Director to fire
                Well, I guess that means even MORE OBSTRUCTION!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  The FBI and Chris Wray publicly defy Trump/Nunes. Oh my. No anonymous sources here. Another FBI Director to fire

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/polit....html?adkey=bn
                  Could be true. Probably truth to it. But the FBI has no credibility left, so they can rebut specifics when the memo is released.

Comment

• Wait, Maxine Waters is giving her own "state of the union" response? Good god. In a country full of incompetent elected officials she's definitely the Alabama of the punch. Always at or near the top.

DSL surely has had his DVR set for this huge event for weeks. #ProgsUnite!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      Could be true. Probably truth to it. But the FBI has no credibility left, so they can rebut specifics when the memo is released.
                      Speaking of own reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        Speaking of own reality.
                        oh? Like how the deputy FBI director, who's loser wife raked in 700,000 dollars from a Clinton surrogate's PAC for her failed state Senate race, sat on Hillary's emails on Weiner's laptop for THREE weeks? And then director claims nothing new that would change the conclusion, even though there was the presence of 10 classified Hillary emails on his laptop?

Credible, like interviewing Hillary without placing her under oath, and the allegation that McCabe asked Agents to change 302's after the Hillary interview?

Or like how the top FBI agent Strzok was texting anti Trump messages to his FBI agent side chick and how discuss concerns about being too tough on Hillary Clinton, and withholding 302's from Congressional request?

Or a Former FBI director that leaked classified material?

Or credible as when the director drafted Hillary's exoneration letter months before the investigation was done, and rewrote the legal statue to clear her of any criminal wrongdoing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Trump's original pick for South Korean ambassador has been withdrawn. WH will only say it's for 'background check' reasons (He previously served in the Bush Administration, for the record).

Wash Post says 2 other reasons the real culprit. 1) Was against tearing up a free trade agreement we have with South Korea 2) Was against the 'bloody nose' strategy that Trump is apparently becoming more receptive to (where we bomb somewhere in North Korea and Kim won't dare respond).

I'm not so much alarmed that a President wants ambassadors that share his strategic view...I'm more alarmed at what this article seems to reveal is his 'view'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.13fdd4d20fdc

I'd think a Bush guy would not be a Trump guy... Or at least I'd like to think so.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                            So if there are unwavering conditions to employment, and your local workforce is consistently struggling to clear the bar, where do employers go to find their labor...?

green cards
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Kapture1 -

What does that have to do with the investigation at hand? Nothing. More deflection and distraction from the right. Don't address the issues, attack attack attack. Deflect, deny, distract. Party over country!! CLINTON!!!!

Let Mueller finish his investigation and he will shortly exonerate your Dear Leader. And WHEN he does, will all the right wing nut jobs demand a new investigation because the 'discredited' FBI found no evidence of wrong doing? Be consistent, nut jobs, be consistent!
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                Kapture1 -

What does that have to do with the investigation at hand? Nothing.
                                It has EVERYTHING to do with confidence and trust in our institutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X