Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Yeah, so DelCo is perfect example. Given the huge population jump there I?d bet the Rs run bigger margins now than when they were at 70.

So, the Ds are losing ground in every Appalachia county.
    Off the top of my head I think that's true. How much of that is people in those counties flipping and how much is Dems abandoning their birthplaces is debatable. Clearly people are leaving most Appalachian counties, from NY down to Georgia, with eastern Kentucky/Southern West Virginia being the worst hit.

Also, FWIW, margins for Trump
    Union (65%)
    Licking (61%)
    Fairfield (60%)
    Delaware (55%)

For the most part, Trump did about average compared with other Republicans since 1970 in the first three. But overall worse than most in Delaware. He underperformed most other Republicans in Warren County down by Cinci too.

Comment

• Ds must run at like 2% in Western Ohio. Heh.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So like I said, Trump won 12 of America's 100 largest counties so here's the list and his MOV. I'm highlighting in blue counties that have trended AWAY from Republicans over the past 40 years. Not just because of Trump but a general trend. Again, this is based on the 2010 census

#4 Maricopa County (Phoenix): R+3
        #16 Tarrant County (Ft. Worth): R+9
        #24 Suffolk County (Eastern Long Island!): R+7 (Trump was first R to win here since 1992)
        #53 Pinellas County (St Pete's): R+1
        #58 Duval County (Jax'ville): R+1
        #61 Macomb County (Detroit burbs): R+11
        #62 Kern County (Bakersfield): R+13
        #74 Collin County (Dallas suburbs): R+26
        #81 Oklahoma County (OKC): R+11
        #91 Denton County (Dallas suburbs): R+20
        #95 Monmouth County (North Jersey Shore): R+9
        #99 El Paso County (CO Springs): R+22

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Ds must run at like 2% in Western Ohio. Heh.
          Correct. Heh.

A book you may want to check out sometime is called "The Bellwether" and it's pretty much just a short history of Ohio in Presidential elections since the Civil War.

The author divides the state into six regions: Northwest, Northeast, West, Central, Southwest, Southeast. One of his interesting comparisons matches each region's voting pattern with a state, considering historical patterns and how liberal/conservative each region is trending.

Northeast Ohio = New Jersey
          Northwest Ohio = Nevada
          Central Ohio = Virginia
          West = Louisiana
          Southwest Ohio = Montana
          Southeast Ohio = Missouri

His west region contains Dayton though and without it they'd easily be the most conservative region of all.

Comment

• Politically, Ohio is divided into 6 regions for different programs. Dayton is always in the West. Thanks for recommendation. I’ll definitely read it. When I finish The Wire book.

Comment

• Man, imagine her on the stairs of Air Force One?

[ame]https://youtu.be/Rbp3yne4h_4[/ame]

Comment

• That is not as bad as it looks. Those are some dangerous steps, even though she has the guy helping her (then a second) there is no railing. Both slips she planted her sandals on spots that are eroded. Air Force One is much much safer.

Comment

• ELIZABETH, Penn. — Republican congressional candidate Rick Saccone on Monday evening asserted that his political opponents "hate" the president, the United States, and even God.

"They’re energized for hate for our president," said Saccone, standing alongside Donald Trump Jr. in a firehouse in this western Pennsylvania town. He continued, “Many of them have a hatred for our country. I’ll give you some more — my wife and I saw it again today, they have a hatred for God.”

Man, it is really a disservice to the GOP to trot out pathetic pieces of shit like this for office. In a time where hyper partisianship is doing nothing good for this country, this is the best the Repubs can come up with? Disparaging people's religious beliefs? You're not like me politically so you hate country and God? Even GOP boogieman Hillary Clinton or BernieBot never stooped that low. Is this simply a case of super duper hyper partisianship or are the Roy Moore and Rick Saccones the new standard fare of the GOP?

They're God haters, and I'm not so vote for me. What an asshole. Perhaps Saccone thinks Chump will be impeached and is currently honing his ass licking skills for Ayatollah Pence.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Speaking of hyper partisanship

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      That is not as bad as it looks. Those are some dangerous steps, even though she has the guy helping her (then a second) there is no railing. Both slips she planted her sandals on spots that are eroded. Air Force One is much much safer.
                      She has a history

I seriously think there is something wrong with her health.

Comment

• CNN be like

Comment

• These are definitely the kinds of candidates we get these days in lots of races. Jesus loves these candidates and wants them to go to Washington so they can get in on the insider trading too.

Comment

• Who knew environmentalists were Russian Puppets, too? -- probably lots of people, but not me! https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/01/w...-protests.html and https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ppose-fracking

I guess I wouldn't have paid any attention to European fracking, like, ever. Those crazy Russkies.

Comment

• Also, as an FYI, many #GentryProgs DO have a hatred of christianity and judaism. And the country. I highly, highly doubt Saccone's remarks rang false with the audience or ring false with Rs.

Now, he's not a particularly good candidate -- for reasons DSL noted. He strikes me as fundamentally lazy -- terrible fundraiser and content to simply try to piggyback PDJT.

But, if you want to talk about hyper partisanship in this country then you ain't just pointing the finger in one direction. Incidentally, DSL's excellent work on how counties vote and such is, perhaps, the best explanation for hyper partisanship (if you're choosing only one).

Comment

• And, most relevantly -- well, at least somewhat relevantly -- PDJT has stopped the acquisition of Qualcomm: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/trum...-china-5g.html

I mentioned this a week or so ago, but this is, IMO, good news. It'll probably fly under the radar today given they way things work these days, but I doubt there's a more important story on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X