Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid. ^^^^

This whole change in policy was a choice. It was not mandated by law. That is a fact. The entire thing is nothing more than a political ploy by Trump to try to get his border wall funded that got out of control. Now he is damage control mode trying to fix his fucking mistake.

And the #trumpbuttlickers are trying to blame anyone but the real cause of the issue.

If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You keep on posing hypotheticals like "if it is inhumane." It is inhumane, full fucking stop. The 2300 kids who have been separated, need to be returned to their parents asap, . He was trying to exploit a political issue by taking children hostage to force a vote to what he wanted. the halt yesterday wasn't enough, the kids separated need to be returned to their parents.

The status quo was fine, the status quo wasn't open borders. People who use that as a starting point in their argument are disingenuous and its not worth arguing. If you change things you consider loopholes you have to negotiate and influence. Hostage taking as a strategy is not that.

The reason you need to influence is because the public does not think it is the crisis you think it is.
      Last edited by froot loops; June 21, 2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Fried okra at Dickeys can be amazing at times. Not all the times, because there seems to be a variance but when the seeds are popping it is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Fried okra at Dickeys can be amazing at times. Not all the times, because there seems to be a variance but when the seeds are popping it is amazing.
          I usually don't choose the fried okra when I have a choice of sides, but once in a while when the choice is collards or fried okra...
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Stand by for stupid Alt-right memes...

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              You keep on posing hypotheticals like "if it is inhumane." It is inhumane, full fucking stop. The 2300 kids who have been separated, need to be returned to their parents asap, . He was trying to exploit a political issue by taking children hostage to force a vote to what he wanted. the halt yesterday wasn't enough, the kids separated need to be returned to their parents.

The status quo was fine, the status quo wasn't open borders. People who use that as a starting point in their argument are disingenuous and its not worth arguing. If you change things you consider loopholes you have to negotiate and influence. Hostage taking as a strategy is not that.

The reason you need to influence is because the public does not think it is the crisis you think it is.
              the status quo was not fine. Do you even know what it was? No where in the law is catch and release an option. That is the definition of ignoring the law.

give me a solution and quit exploiting the issue.

Comment

• What is the best BBQ...Carolina...Memphis...Texas or KC? Asking for a fiend.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• uf3v85sbva511.jpg

Comment

• Right on cue
                    Last edited by CGVT; June 21, 2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

What is the best BBQ...Carolina...Memphis...Texas or KC? Asking for a fiend.
                      I like KC style because I like a sweet tomato based sauce. Second would be Carolina with vinegar sauces. South Carolina mustard sauces can be good too.
                      Last edited by CGVT; June 21, 2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Exploiting the issue is ignoring the fact a lot of these kids may never be returned to their families. It doesn't even seem like you give a shit. You talk about emotional manipulation as if these kids are not real. Maybe to you they aren't, to you maybe they are infesting the country. Those kids need to be returned pronto, that isn't political that is what should happen. How sociopathic are you that you cannot see that and are only thinking about in terms of politics? You don't take separate kids from their families, it's shouldn't be this hard for you to get the concept.

Yes the status quo was fine to me, the zero tolerance policy is far far worse. If you think catch and release is detrimental to the country you have to influence people to get a law change. But not by hostage taking. You don't wreck a kids life, that is political exploitation, if you can't see that you are too far gone.
                        Last edited by froot loops; June 21, 2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• I go to Southern Soul about a half dozen times a year, probably more, now that I think about it. By far my favorite. I've been to Lexington and Dreamland. I like Lexington a lot, Dreamland is OK

https://www.southernliving.com/south...e-joints-video

10. 4 Rivers Smokehouse; Winter Park, FL9. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q; Decatur, AL
                          In 1925, railroad worker Bob Gibson started serving barbecue right out of the pit he dug by hand.

8. Franklin Barbecue; Austin, TX
                          You can only grab lunch at this dining spot. The listed hours are 11 a.m. to SOLD OUT.

7. Central BBQ; Memphis, TN6. The Salt Lick BBQ; Driftwood, TX
                          Three generations of the Roberts family have been barbecuing over the same fire pit for 50 years.

5. Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous; Memphis, TN4. Lexington Barbecue; Lexington, NC3. Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q; Atlanta, GA
                          Fox Bros. started as the backyard barbeques of two Texas brothers and grew into to an Atlanta staple.

2. Dreamland; Tuscaloosa, AL1. Southern Soul Barbeque; St. Simons Island, GA
                          A converted old gas station in this Georgia beach town is barbecue heaven.
                          Last edited by CGVT; June 21, 2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• I read a decent piece two days ago but I've lost the link. The subject was something like, "What's Really Behind Trump Immigration Policy."

If you go back pre-POTUS campaign and then through it, if you examine the back grounds of key figures involved in developing DJT's immigration policy, it is distinctly racist. Trump would be fine if we had thousands of Norwegians, or any of the Nordic countries, leaking through our boarders. No one within the Trump administration would be concerned about immigration at all, esp. DJT. These are all white people. DJT and those in his administration involved in formulating DJT's immigration policy, his strategies for protecting US boarders, want to protect a predominantly white racial balance and a blance that is eroding at an accelerated pace.

What was one of the first things DJT did concerning immigration and boarder security when he assumed the presidency? He restricted access to the US from predominantly Muslim countries. Of course that didn't go over well and was modified. Concurrently he started talking symbolically and literally about building a wall on the US South Western boarder with Mexico insisting Mexico would pay for it. This was to keep brown people from Mexico, Central and South America from flooding the country from the Mexican/US boarder. The Mexicans would have no part in that.

Instead of telling the truth about what was behind his policies, that is to increase the proportion of whites to non-whites and, in the process, create a predominantly white racial balance in the US, he lied about or created immigration circumstances that were designed to create public support for his immigration policy. For some, talk of keeping illegals out of the US and deporting illegals already in the country, it sounded good. It certainly resonated with a rise in Nationalism that partly got DJT elected in the first place.

Of course, being up-front about Trump's real goals would have been political suicide in the era of rage over things like this. However his framing of the current immigration circumstances, which, IMO, is problematical on a number of levels and should be addressed, lying about it, creating a false reality is much worse. IMO, he's destroyed any credibility he might have gained among moderates on the subject of immigration reform and the necessary leadership from the presidency Trump should be providing on this important front.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The status quo is broken. Trump is correct about that. His response is on a dumbass, inhumane level.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                I go to Southern Soul about a half dozen times a year, probably more, now that I think about it. By far my favorite. I've been to Lexington and Dreamland. I like Lexington a lot, Dreamland is OK

https://www.southernliving.com/south...e-joints-video

10. 4 Rivers Smokehouse; Winter Park, FL9. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q; Decatur, AL
                                In 1925, railroad worker Bob Gibson started serving barbecue right out of the pit he dug by hand.

8. Franklin Barbecue; Austin, TX
                                You can only grab lunch at this dining spot. The listed hours are 11 a.m. to SOLD OUT.

7. Central BBQ; Memphis, TN6. The Salt Lick BBQ; Driftwood, TX
                                Three generations of the Roberts family have been barbecuing over the same fire pit for 50 years.

5. Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous; Memphis, TN4. Lexington Barbecue; Lexington, NC3. Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q; Atlanta, GA
                                Fox Bros. started as the backyard barbeques of two Texas brothers and grew into to an Atlanta staple.

2. Dreamland; Tuscaloosa, AL1. Southern Soul Barbeque; St. Simons Island, GA
                                A converted old gas station in this Georgia beach town is barbecue heaven.
                                Ever had BBQ Mutton in Kentucky?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X