No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Just got back from the polls, at 5:15pm there was one voter there when I arrived. I was voter number 315 with less than 5000 registered voters in my township. That's a pretty pathetic turnout. If they bust 400 votes that's an 8% turnout. It seems that people don't realize that this is where the choices on the November ballot come from. If you don't show up in the primaries, you give the enraged knuckle draggers on both sides of the aisle that do show up a disproportionate value to their vote in selecting the November candidate. Look no further than 2016 to see that the majority of voters that didn't vote in the primaries (myself included) are responsible for the two horrid candidates we wound up with.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Come on, man.

saying there are pre nazi parallels isn't the same thing as saying we currently mirror anything close to the third Reich.

you keep conflating the two.

godwin doesn't apply here. We haven't devolved into the analogy -- it has pretty much been tossed around the moment Bannon gave Trump the keys to nationalist jeremiad -- the ironic apex of snowflakes.
        Last edited by millenwasmyfavorite; August 7, 2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

• We are probably too far apart on this, similar to our views on the value/influence of viral internet culture.

i think just looking at Bannon and his play book alone demonstrates how much deeper in the bag we are than what we would consider typical political tactics

Comment

Comment

• Lol

rgr, out.

Comment

Comment

• Aggressively fighting for the last word -- I knew you rubbed off on Kapture, I didn't think he onto you.

Comment

• Comparing someone to Hitler to invalidate their point is so popular it's been given its own fake Latin name, the reductio ad Hitlerum

Comment

• By some alt right assholes...

Open your eyes.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Comment

• Shouldn't you be off holding The Ohio State University accountable for something or other?

The comparison is a hell of a lot more valid now than it was before.

Comment

• The predictable turned out to be true...Delaware County will decide OH-12. Marion County is done. Muskingum County (Balderson's home base) 2/3 done. Morrow 2/3 done. O'Connor up +15

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X