Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that is devotion.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Ok ... I didn't need to see that ....

KC and The Sunshine Band on the Liberty Bowl halftime show singing "That's The Way I Like It"....

Old KC looks like he'd give me a run for my money in the buffet line ....
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney---

I've seen you. I know you.

KC is no Liney!

Comment

• Thanks ... I think ...

Comment

• Happy New Year to all my good friends in here. May God bless everyone with good health and happiness throughout the year.

Yes, that includes you Ohio fans .... :-)

Comment

• I have posted quoting sources from other forums. Is there a correct way to do this? Is simply putting the item in quotes sufficient or are there more correct ways to give the original author credit etc.

Comment

• This morning, a film called Undefeated(not to be confused with The Undefeated, the Sarah Palin documentary that came out last spring) received an Academy Award nomination for best documentary feature. It has screened in Los Angeles and at film festivals, and is coming out in selected theatres across the country in the next couple of weeks. It is the best film about football that I've ever seen.

It tells the story of the Manassas Tigers, a high school team in Memphis, Tennessee, and of their coach, Bill Courtney. Manassas High School is an inner-city school in one of the poorest major cities in America. Manassas was so underfunded that the team had to hire itself out as a "paycheck" opponent for bigger and better-funded schools, and it was a challenge for Courtney just to keep enough players in school and out of trouble to field a team when he first got the job. The filmmakers had extraordinary access to these kids, and they happen upon some moments so amazing that if you were seeing them in a fiction film, you'd dismiss them as implausible. I had the privilege of seeing the film in October at the Chicago International Film Festival, and it instantly became one of my favorite films that I've seen there.

I know a lot of people don't exactly rush to theatres to check out documentaries, but I promise you, this one deserves your attention. If you value sports for the lessons athletic competition can teach, or if you just like football(which I think covers most everybody here), I have to think you will enjoy this film.

Comment

• Sounds great, JRB.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Happy Birthday George! Soon you'll be one of us old farts.

Comment

• Happy Birthday George! Soon you'll be one of us old farts.

Thanks Stan, you just made my day. :(

Comment

• The start of a boyhood dream coming true.
                        Last edited by lineygoblue; January 26, 2012, 05:59 PM. Reason: Add comment

Comment

• Did you go and buy a restaurant/grill of some sort?

Very exciting if true!

Comment

• Brothel?
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• heh @ Paul....

Sean: Yeah, its been a lifelong dream of mine to own a soft serve ice cream stand. I came within about a week of owning another one about 12 years ago, but the seller's wife nixed the deal about 3 days before closing.

Today, the owner of the pictured establishment accepted our offer and we're going to try and close sometime before the end of February. I'm aiming to open the first week of April, weather providing.

Its a big gamble for us. I love and appreciate my wife for letting me chase my dream, while putting some of our life savings on the line, but she's in it with me, and I know we can make a go of it. The economy is pretty sour in Michigan right now, but with the location of this property, and how much everyone loves ice cream, I think we'll do fine.

Comment

• Good luck Liney.

Comment

Working...
                                X