No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, while I'm here, what is the little speedometer thing that is under the "Senior Member" in the name section? Is it a measure of how full of it you are?

Comment

• Nope, it's an indicator of how often your posts are read.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I am not aware of Trump attempting to destroy an innocent man's life, and abuse the shit out of his wife and daughters, but I guess that's ok to you since Kavanaugh is an evil Republican.

He's got an easy to find record of defrauding people his entire life. But I'm sure that's all okay with you because they're not Republicans trying to get pushed through to the Court.

Comment

• Recall Trump's record on the Central Park Five (as of 2016 he STILL maintained they were all guilty and should have been executed). Then tell me he'd never destroy innocent lives

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post

He's got an easy to find record of defrauding people his entire life. But I'm sure that's all okay with you because they're not Republicans trying to get pushed through to the Court.
            you still fail to see that what the democrats have done victimized Brett's wife and his little girls.

For the party of Standing up for Women and Victims, yours is without question, abusing those three victims with every BS story of gang rape that Avenatti is rolling out and every second that it is covered in the media.

And you defend it.

Comment

• For the long-term, and the need to speed up the process of hitting bottom, this is a best-case scenario IMO:

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...nate-him-again

Comment

• Grammar side-note -- the triple dash there almost works. Wow.

Comment

• This is why you stay away from liberal women.

7y8ws18bjsp11.jpg?width=766&s=7de9fbf8fdadf1bcc7e015a58e042ac7bf416a2a.jpg

Comment

• dcjq6uhazsp11.jpg?width=1024&s=710fd307340c197abb6bfc78c87a27849ba99261.jpg

Comment

• 84940rng7tp11.jpg?width=553&s=0af77a0a9f1d679343f5488fe8dc0fe5191450ff.jpg

Comment

• Massive NY Times investigative piece on Donald Trump/Fred Trump's fortune and the various tax avoidance schemes the family devised to pass Fred's $1 B on to his kids while dodging estate and gift taxes. Will take a long time to read. The Times got their hands on a bunch of Fred Trump's tax forms.

The president has long sold himself as a self-made billionaire, but a Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s.

Comment

• Illegal or legal schemes?
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Both, as I'm sure you've read by now. It's important for people to understand legal tax avoidance vs illegal tax evasion, as well as the myriad opportunities that straddle that line. It's awfully hard to get editors to care about anything other than the investigative piece where they get to talk about beaches and palm trees in the Caribbean. We just went through the rare tax-reform process -- that once-in-a-generation overhaul -- without the real issue, legal tax avoidance, coming up. The public debate failed to understand the global reforms that informed the US tax reform, chiefly through the OECD, in part because tax reporters are DC creatures who don't understand the global context. Investigative is sexy; policy analysis is not. Which is a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Illegal or legal schemes?
                              The piece accuses the family of engaging in outright fraud in several instances. It's also past the statute of limitations, though not civil fines, if my understanding is correct.

It's a highly detailed piece. I still haven't had time to read it carefully. The Times team has over 200 tax returns from Fred Trump or his businesses; over 200,000 pages of documents total, including some depositions. They've been working on this for over a year it sounds like.

Comment

• So he's (obviously as it was during the election) not a self made billionaire. Not in the money making business, but money inheriting (and attempted theft from pops) business. And done illegally. So he's a crook. Really really shocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X