• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Tock

Is Kapture at Basic Training yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      I fucking know! Wow. Heck of a theory. But I'm not sure Erdogan cares as much anymore, now that he is safe from electoral politics. I bet he'd almost rather not have Gulen back. Better to have it as a tool to rile people up and talk shit about America. They never actually submitted a formal extradition request, IIRC. Just demanded it publicly.

Comment

• The race to the far left has begun as 2020 presidential hopefuls try and outretard each other.
        Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., suggested that the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was perceived in a similar way to the Ku Klux Klan during a confirmation hearing of Ronald Vitiello, the nominee to head the agency.

Comment

• Not saying Harris has a point and it's a really bad one if she does but do you think that brown skinned immigrants from Mexico and South/Central America don't get a little nervous when ICE shows up where they work, separates them into small groups and locks them in office spaces so they can't run?

Here illegally or not - and I don't support illegals being here - ICE appears to be a scary bunch of dudes sort-of let lose to do what they do. Young men dressed in combat gear and what they do can easily get out of hand. I'd say it needs to be watched by those in supervisory positions to do so. If she is doing what I think she is, not what the press or the right wants to assign her doing, she's establishing a context in which to ask Vitielo a fair question.

It's the same way in black neighborhoods with the police on patrol equipped like special forces units. It's intimidating even if you don't have anything to fear and haven't broken any laws.

These folks, especially the innocents that just get caught up in it, have legitimate concerns about law enforcement. This issue is not and should not be associated with only the "far left." It's a problem that every politician, state and federal, should be concerned about.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ICE? nope, sorry refuse to demonize our immigration law enforcement.

I don't care how nervous they get, should have done shit the right way.

Comment

• b98bj8uitjy11.jpg?width=560&auto=webp&s=32947f6840e6aefb30bd7ed70faf66ea1093025d.jpg

Comment

• Mark Twain once observed that history doesn't repeat itself but it does rhyme. From the Smithsonian, a work that notes the similarities in the political environment of the US today and at the decline of Rome.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Federal judge (a Trump appointee) orders the White House to restore Acosta's hard pass. Says Acosta's 1st and 5th Amendment rights possibly violated.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media...ing/index.html

EDIT: Changed "likely" to "possibly". Judge found enough reason to believe Acosta's rights were violated to order his pass restored. This doesn't end the actual lawsuit.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 16, 2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• time for a SCOTUS ruling on this lol

CNN has 50 other hard passes. I didn't know that before this week, but it's true. This isn't about banning access for CNN, and it's not about content discrimination, as 90% of the reporters in that room are rabidly anti Trump and just democrat hacks.

Appeal it. In the time being sit him in the back row and don't call on him. He has no right to disrupt a Presidential presser.

Comment

• White House could not explain the process they used to ban Acosta. Couldn't even tell the Judge who had made the decision to ban him. Judge found that WH argument that Acosta had "laid hands" on the intern to be 'unpersuasive'

Also said Acosta's right to due process outweighs the government's desire for orderly press conferences. That said there's also nothing forcing Sanders or Trump to ever speak to Acosta.

Comment

• That's the easiest (best) way to handle Acosta - don't ever select him to ask a question. But I guess the WH protocol is to throw a tantrum, claim they can do anything they damn well please, and generally act in an infantile, authoritarian manner. An example of the Trump policy of "When they go low, we go lower".

Can't wait to hear Baghdad Sarah's spin.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This is all kayfabe. Acosta gets over and the White House has generated another worthless controversy to deflect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            That's the easiest (best) way to handle Acosta - don't ever select him to ask a question. But I guess the WH protocol is to throw a tantrum, claim they can do anything they damn well please, and generally act in an infantile, authoritarian manner. An example of the Trump policy of "When they go low, we go lower".

Can't wait to hear Baghdad Sarah's spin.
                            DsI1z9dUUAI4phn.jpg:small.jpg

"There must be decorum at the White House"...LOL

Comment

• House Update

Dems - 229
                              GOP - 200
                              Undecided - 6

Dems have gained 34 seats total. All 4 Republican seats in Orange County, CA look like they will flip Dem

Comment

Working...
                              X