No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mattis' resignation letter wasn't enough of an indictment -- his letter to DoD members certainly was.

OFC I am sure someone might push for the interpretation being "He's talking about the Deep State!". Wouldn't be the first perversion of a long standing military legacy.

Mattis' actions during and since his departure have pretty clearly been a signal to pro-military conservatives who were on the fence about don

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
      So much interesting backstory to Batman Forever. Really come away feeling sorry for everything involved -- but that sympathy especially extends to Schumacher. Reading how shitty it was for Arnold is hilarious. His costume was toxic and weighed about as much as it looked like it weighed. Also took hours to put on.

The whole DC reboot through Zach Snyder has really been a shit show. Everything is hyper produced with such an impotent edge -- the movies will look extremely dated within 8 years and immediately recognizable as Snyder who essentially lifted the "hard gloss" that Fincher uses in meaningful ways and merged it recklessly with some of the most homoerotic jaw clenching in movie history.
      I still haven't seen Justice League (or Aquaman) but the DC Universe movies are easy to rank.

1) Wonder Woman
      2) Everything else

If forced to rank I'd go 1) Wonder Woman, 2) Suicide Squad, 3) Man of Steel, 4) Batman v Superman. But there's a big gap between #1 and #2. Not counting the Nolan Batman movies, of course, which I'd probably all rank ahead of Wonder Woman. Based on what relatives have told me, Justice League will be ranked near the bottom once I finally watch it.

Comment

• Trump's incurable incompetence

Steve ChapmanContact Reporter
        In May 2017, Donald Trump met in the Oval Office with the Russian ambassador and the Russian foreign minister and did something appalling: He tossed out highly classified details about an Islamic State plotBob Corkershowing their facesCongressSteve Chapman, a member of the Tribune Editorial Board, blogs at www.chicagotribune.com/chapman.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• Happy New Year, everybody!

NOW CALM DOWN!

Comment

• Amazingly delusional.

I'd compare Trumps detachment from reality similar to Jim Harbaugh's at least for him when it comes to the game of CFB. Heh.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• tweet.JPG
                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; January 1, 2019, 11:19 AM.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This is the exact opposite of what the WH has been saying for weeks: Chuck was ready for a deal and Nancy was holding things up

Comment

• 49247994_2294270067484386_5532251926919380992_n.jpg
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well yee-ha, Mitt Romney blasts and pans Trump's character in a Washington post Op-Ed

Comment

• As Trump has undermined American influence in the world and stridently abandoned its allies, China threatens Taiwan with military force.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• A sign of things to come. I hear that oft spoken refrain from Millennials, desperately looking for an excuse - "But I looked it up on Google!"

Australian authorities should have used better tools when looking for a missing man, a coroner says.

Comment

• Choosing political ambition over family....that's what I'd expect out of a swamp creature...huh

GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel issued a rebuke to Senator-elect Mitt Romney, her uncle, Wednesday morning after he criticized President Trump Tuesday night, days before he is sworn into office. McDaniel said in a tweet Wednesday that Romney's criticism of the president is "disappointing and unproductive," and "feeds" into what Democrats and some in the media

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Well yee-ha, Mitt Romney blasts and pans Trump's character in a Washington post Op-Ed

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...r-in-new-op-ed
                              I am old enough to remember your side labeling him a racist, homophobic, sexist, evil animal abuser that single handily gave an employee's wife cancer then canceled their health insurance.

Remember? the world didn't start spinning in 2017

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X