Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    there goes 11,000 dem votes in Pennsylvania
    And nothing in the Reverend Moon-sponsored 4-sentence piece demonstrates any of them actually voted. Willing to bet this is as accurate a count as the Texas numbers were initially.

Also, Tom Wolf won by 835,000 votes

Also, Bob Casey won by 650,000 votes

Comment

• People in Michigan just got an emergency text to turn the thermostat down to 65.. I guess that includes me, Kapture, Froot Loops, and Jon

Comment

• Hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          People in Michigan just got an emergency text to turn the thermostat down to 65.. I guess that includes me, Kapture, Froot Loops, and Jon
          yeah, i did it. last thing we need is for everyone to lose heat.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Hahaha

word is from Chicago PD is this is starting to look like a hoax

NAACP just came ot and blamed Trump for an incident that didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

yeah, i did it. last thing we need is for everyone to lose heat.
              Such a commie

Comment

• Re the Global Warming debate and the idea of reducing carbon emissions to mitigate it. This was an interesting science article about "The Little Ice Age" that occurred in the late 15th century as a result of the colonization of the Americas and the killing of the indigenous populations there. This resulted in the abandonment of cleared land used for agriculture. Reforestation of that land sucked CO2 out of the atmosphere causing global cooling.

"There is a lot of talk around 'negative emissions' approaches and using tree-planting to take CO? out of the atmosphere to mitigate climate change," he told BBC News.

"And what we see from this study is the scale of what's required, because the Great Dying resulted in an area the size of France being reforested and that gave us only a few ppm. This is useful; it shows us what reforestation can do. But at the same, that kind of reduction is worth perhaps just two years of fossil fuel emissions at the present rate."

The hypothesis of these scientists is that, yes, you can mitigate global warming by cutting CO2 emissions but it has to be done on an incredibly large scale to produce useful results. My read: Attempts to reduce CO2 emissions prompted by the global warming hysteria isn't likely to do much unless such activity is undertaken on a much larger and probably unachievable scale than previously thought.

European settlement of the Americas killed so many people, it disturbed Earth's climate.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Also ...... an interesting discussion on the Polar Vortex:

What the polar vortex truly is, is way up in the atmosphere over the North Pole, about 30 miles up, is a ring of winds blowing in the counterclockwise direction that keep the cold air bottled up over the Arctic, way high up in the atmosphere. So this is called the stratospheric polar vortex.

That's the real one. And what it often gets used wrongly for is to the talk about the jet stream, which is much lower in the atmosphere. It is really what creates all of our weather that we feel down here on the surface. It is also a river of wind that flows around the Northern Hemisphere, but at a much lower level.

So there are these two spinning rivers of wind up over the Northern Hemisphere that control our weather. And right now, the true polar vortex has actually split into two, which doesn't happen very often. And one of those lobes of cold air that is normally is bottled up over the North Pole has drifted down over North America and brought all that cold air with it.

And that's why this particular cold front or cold air mass is just so severe.

What we think is happening that connects back to climate change is that, back in the summer, we lost a lot of ice in a region just north of Western Alaska in the Arctic Ocean.

That allowed a lot of extra heat to get absorbed in the water there, and, in fact, the ice still hasn't grown back. And that heat then gets reemitted back to the atmosphere during the fall and winter, when the cold air comes back, and it makes kind of a bulge in the atmosphere.

And if that bulge gets big enough, it can actually make the jet stream take a northward swing right there. And if that northward swing is big enough, it will send wave energy up into the stratosphere, where the polar vortex is, and it can kind of knock it off its rocker, if you will.

If you can think of like a top spinning up there, it can bump into this top and get it to wobble, and sometimes it wobbles so much, that it actually creates this split in the polar vortex.

The scientist interviewed for this PBS News Hour piece noted that the connection of the Polar Vortex to global warning is very new research and is yet to be fully proven. While I didn't read any kind of hysteria into this PBS report, most won't here the concluding remarks bolded above. They'll only here that the cold weather in the mid-west is a result of global warming.

More than a quarter of the U.S. population is expected to deal with sub-zero temperatures this week. The extreme cold has sparked some public skepticism over global warming, but scientists actually believe it is a consequence of climate change. Amna Nawaz talks to Dr. Jennifer Francis of the Woods Hole Research Center for an explanation of this counterintuitive weather relationship.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Strangelove:

Your boy, George Will, comes out strong for Kluber: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...tial-campaign/

I suggest you become an early adopter. Set the trend.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The Little Ice Age" that occurred in the late 15th century as a result of the colonization of the Americas and the killing of the indigenous populations there
                      Jebus. That's really upping the ante in blaming everything on European conquest.

And when the polar vortex is blamed on global warming, welp, whatever. As a thought, maybe we should pump the brakes just a bit until generational cold becomes annual or the like. When I froze my balls off walking to class in 1994, I'm pretty sure that was just one of them normal polar vortex fuck yous.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• DyPj16vXgAEQg3N.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• not sure why the left is piling on with 3rd trimester abortion rights in addition to private insurance for none and 70% tax rates

between newyork and Virginia you can frame it however you want to frame it but allowing abortions to occur even if mom is in labor does not fit any decency standard most American have especially when you know how these full term fetuses are aborted

if this turns into a national issue that the left tries to defend in there choice of canddiates-- just another issue that mainstream America is gonna hold there nose and vote trump in 2020

Comment

• I think you are correct about the massive scale of emissions reductions, Jeff. Things don't quite add up right now, but this is my current assignment and I hope to have it sorted much further in a month's time. For now, it appears that the issue is going to be how fast the US and China primarily can retire coal plants and build solar and wind plants. It appears that Musk et all have cracked the code on battery storage, so that's the last bit of this generation of technology required. Now it's a matter of it falling in cost to the extent that it's a no-brainer, which apparently is happening. Building a solar plant with battery storage is supposedly now cheaper than building any kind of power plant using any fossil fuel save for fracked gas. Or at least that's what people say, and they cite a document that doesn't seem to say that. So I don't quite know just yet. So the impacts of climate change are going to worsen. Clear they can be reversed though, and almost certain at this point tho not 100% that there is a purely commercial argument for doing it. No need for ethics or values to enter the calculation in order to make that call.

Comment

• Just another indication of how 'in the loop' and 'knowledgeable' President Deals is...

Comment

Working...
                                X