X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Omar is detestable.

Comment

• I hope they all are, but Omar is the only vaguely possible option.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        PDJT saw Pelosi finally standing up to the most vile and insipid of her party and knew he had to reunite them. He has no chance running against a quasi sane D. His only chance is to saddle the Ds with those wackjob ignoramouses. Gotta keep them together.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Comment

Comment

• There was no strategy involved other than watching Fox and Friends, he saw a segment and went to the twitter machine 20 minutes later
                with a repackaged version of Birtherism. He was counting on guys like crashcourse to intepret it the way he did.
                Last edited by froot loops; July 17, 2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• FWIW, this is the first poll I've seen on the subject. USA Today did polling on the "racist Tweets" issue. I'd be interested to see if other polls match these results, but they are definitely not great for Trump.

* 68% overall say the tweets were offensive. 75% of women said so
                  * 59% said they were "un-American"
                  * 65% say that telling minorities to "go back where you came from" is racist (even 45% of Republicans said so)

Comment

• So like I was saying....about how Trump ultimately self-destructs because he can't control himself? This is a good road to go down if you want to turn someone unlikable into a sympathetic figure: accuse her, with no evidence, of having married her brother

And yes, Omar has been tight-lipped about this. Obama was tight-lipped about his birth certificate until he suddenly produced it. If someone came to YOU and said "prove to me you didn't marry your brother!", would you immediately comply and give them anything they wanted?

Besides that, She was first accused of this in 2016 when running for the state legislature. And as best I can tell, there's never been a shred of evidence produced. I have to imagine that over a hundred right-wing and Republican operatives have tried to nail her on this by now, and they've all turned up nothing.

Snopes doesn't say false on this one, only that everything is unproven. A fair point the article raises and the conspiracy theory pretty much ignores: Omar became a US citizen in 2000. If she wanted to get her "brother" into the US in 2009, she wouldn't have needed to stage a fake marriage with him. She could have just sponsored him. Now that doesn't mean she didn't participate in a sham marriage with some other guy to get him a green card, but it logically makes no sense to do it for a sibling.

Rep. Ilhan Omar has been the subject of recurrent controversies, including ones regarding her marriages and family immigration history.

Comment

• In that link it says she did deny it. Sounds like a standard rightwing smear like Birtherism.

Comment

• Comment

• 2020 shaping up nicely to be worse, much worse, than 2016. Which is almost unimaginable.

Comment

• Apparently the New Yorker is in the final stages of publishing an unflattering or perhaps damning article about Alan Dershowitz ( I presume in connection to Epstein stuff). In anticipation of this "hit piece" (as he calls it), he's published this self-defense. at NewsMax, which is like a rightwing flea market. Definitely sounds like he's close to being accused (again) of having sex with underage girls. He says this is all being done to silence him, because he's such an amazing advocate for Israel and Donald Trump.

Minor note: Dersh apparently hasn't updated his profile pic since the OJ trial

Comment

• From a guy who's normally a gushing Trump supporter

Comment

• Woe is her. Such a victim.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X