Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Just prepping for more obstruction of justice.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Makes witnesses more likely (the odds were increasingly looking like zero) but still no sure thing.

Brian Kilmeade on Fox & Friends says this shows the White House needs to do better vetting...LOL, dude, Bolton was a FoxNews employee for like a decade. I know you can't admit this on air but...the problem with the White House's organization starts at the top and always has

Comment

• I doubt a NEW YORK TIMES report will move the needle. Thankfully, e.g., it didn't when it came to Justice Kav.

If the Senate remains unpersuaded then perhaps the House can impeach the entire Senate, or at least ever R, for "Obstruction of Congress." It's only a baby step from what they've already done, so it makes sense.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Aside from this whole bunch of sound and fury leading to nothing, I'm becoming increasingly concerned that Bernie is going to win Iowa and NH.

As noted, I can't stomach a Bernie-PDJT election. I'd rather see The Wizard vs. Ghenghis Jon. I mean, by a lot -- every day and twice on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I doubt a NEW YORK TIMES report will move the needle. Thankfully, e.g., it didn't when it came to Justice Kav.

If the Senate remains unpersuaded then perhaps the House can impeach the entire Senate, or at least ever R, for "Obstruction of Congress." It's only a baby step from what they've already done, so it makes sense.
              Uh well Bolton's people have confirmed it's accurate. The National Security Council has had his book since Dec. 30. How much Trump's lawyers knew about it or Trump himself is unclear.

I don't expect the needle moves on ultimate outcome. I do expect this will make it a more uncomfortable vote for a Susan Collins or a Cory Gardner to reject all witnesses. As well it should. Anyone who's enabled Captain Clown in the WH deserves lots of squirming and heartburn over the poor choices they've made in life.

Comment

• I can say that Axios says no one in the WH press shop knew about the manuscript until yesterday. Which seems believable, they're usually the last ones to know about anything especially this White House.

All roads for Republicans were heading towards defending the act itself rather than denying it took place (No Quid Pro Quo!), so this will just accelerate that rather than drag it out longer.

Comment

• Also Haberman reporting this morning that some GOP Senators are pushing the WH for answers on who knew about or had access to Bolton's book. The Senators feel "blindsided" that no one with the WH gave them a heads up that they've had a copy for almost an entire month.

Comment

• California is proposing to punish corporations that exceed a certain CEO-median worker income ratio. Kevin Williamson, as per usual, drives his semi truck through the massive holes in legislation of the California Communist Party.

Comment

• Also, 4 days and counting for BREXIT! Of course, it won't be final until December, but godspeed. Boris Johnson completely and totally destroyed the progressive remain contingent. Completely eviscerated them. And after he was so clowned in September by the same people. Almost too perfect.

BTW, sell all your stocks soon. I've been told by progressives EU apologists that Brexit is a catastrophic economic disaster. I guess we'll put those Alarmists to the test. And, man, do I love seeing alarmist predictions put to the test.
                      Last edited by iam416; January 27, 2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Finally, per both 538 and RCP, PDJT's approval numbers are about as high as they've been since early in Year 1. Granted, they're still in that 51/52 negative and 43ish positive range, but the past week's polls have seen his numbers go up.

Also, per 538, 42.7% of Independents support removing PDJT.
                        Last edited by iam416; January 27, 2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Finally, per both 538 and RCP, PDJT's approval numbers are about as high as they've been since early in Year 1. Granted, they're still in that 51/52 negative and 43ish positive range, but the past week's polls have seen his numbers go up.

Also, per 538, 42.7% of Independents support removing PDJT.
                          What's Trump approval rate among Independents?

Comment

• What's Trump approval rate among Independents?
                            I don't think that information is readily available on RCP or 538. And I'm not gonna google it. I would assume independents track slightly -- SLIGHTLY -- higher than the average (as you know, polls typically try to sample more Ds than Rs because, well, there are more Ds than Rs).

Comment

I don't think that information is readily available on RCP or 538. And I'm not gonna google it. I would assume independents track slightly -- SLIGHTLY -- higher than the average (as you know, polls typically try to sample more Ds than Rs because, well, there are more Ds than Rs).
                              It's actually below the average approval rate in cases where Independents make up a smaller portion of the pool. Take the most recent Fox poll as an example. It was composed of 48% Dem, 42% Republican, 10% Independent. Trump approval among Independents in that poll was only 36% but he was at 45% overall. I don't think there are many polls taken where Independents are assumed to be close to as large a group as Republicans but you would probably see a larger correlation between the tracking average and the Independent average in those.

Comment

• The Wash Post poll incidentally had Independents at 47% approval, 44% overall, but I can't figure out what percentage of overall respondents Independents made in that poll. So I dunno. But I suspect I'm right...the more Independents you include in the poll the closer their average approval will match the overall approval number. Because as a group they will be far closer to 50-50 than either Dem or Republican party ID

Comment

Working...
                                X