No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's betting he can drown out all his on-the-record comments about women and minorities in a barrage of spending on commercials that no one else can hope to match.

He hasn't yet qualified for the Nevada debate on Wednesday but he might not WANT to participate anyways. He'll carry on as if the other candidates are beneath his notice and flood the airwaves with his own message that voters will see daily.

Comment

• If that's his hope, then I doubt it will work. You can't control messages the way that you could 20 or maybe even 10 years ago.

Comment

• They're floating the idea of Hillary on the ticket with him, but I'm skeptical that Hillary would want to be #2 on the ticket.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          They're floating the idea of Hillary on the ticket with him, but I'm skeptical that Hillary would want to be #2 on the ticket.
          That was a LOL rumor

Comment

• No more billionaires as president. One every national lifetime is enough.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Bloomberg is surging now #2 (or #3 depending on which poll) behind Bernie. I think it was Hanni who said you can't control the messaging today like you could 5 or 10 years ago. It appears Bloomberg's TV ad campaign has been wildly successful. He's also won a seat at the debate stage in Nevada ...... where he is going to get hammered by his D rivals. If he shows well in that debate and in the Nevada primary, Warren, Biden and Buttigieg can say goodby.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Still, Sanders remains firmly the leader of the Democratic Party's pack although you have to scratch your head and ask, do the Ds know what they want to offer up to run v. Trump? It looks more and morel likely that the DNC will be brokered and Bloomberg may only be in this to make sure Bernie doesn't get the nomination.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ks-pack-115450
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There's still plenty of time for the Ds to salvage this process and nominate someone who will whip PDJT. But, if Sanders it the nominee -- OR if he wins a plurality and it goes brokered -- then, fuck -- I think they'll need an economic collapse.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If Bloomberg's goal was to stop Bernie it's not working. He's bleeding support away from the more Establishment, moderate Dems. And I think once people get to hear some of the things Bloomberg's said over the years, he'll become unelectable to a big part to the Dem base. His past is way more damaging than Biden's.

If we go to a brokered convention I don't know how you take the nomination away from Bernie and hand it to someone else without losing a big portion of those votes in November.

Comment

• If we go to a brokered convention I don't know how you take the nomination away from Bernie and hand it to someone else without losing a big portion of those votes in November.
                      Right. So, nominate the Marxist or nominate someone sane a lose the Marxist vote, which could really hurt in the B10 states you need to win.

If that happens, then I think the Ds will need an economic collapse or something comparably major. I don't think it'll be in their hands any more. Inconceivably.

Comment

• Assuming Biden wins SC (and that's a huge IF at this point, especially if he doesn't finish 2nd in Nevada), any bounce he gets will be muted by Bloomberg's continued presence and the fact that there's only three days between SC and Super Tuesday.

Would be nice if Bloomberg acts deranged and pissy at the debate. If he even participates.

EDIT: There's also the fact that several Super Tuesday states started early voting weeks ago. California mailed out ballots to everyone before the Iowa caucus I believe. Lots of ballots were probably in the mail back before the Iowa clusterfuck even took place. So no one can be sure how that'll impact everything.
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 18, 2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Bloomberg is surging now #2 (or #3 depending on which poll) behind Bernie. I think it was Hanni who said you can't control the messaging today like you could 5 or 10 years ago. It appears Bloomberg's TV ad campaign has been wildly successful. He's also won a seat at the debate stage in Nevada ...... where he is going to get hammered by his D rivals. If he shows well in that debate and in the Nevada primary, Warren, Biden and Buttigieg can say goodby.
                          It's still very early and the other Dems haven't started counter-messaging him yet. We'll see. If a couple of polls from yesterday are any indication,. he's not hurting Bernie at all. Sanders is up by almost 20 points in Nevada. He's going to win it easily.

Sanders is also leading slightly in Texas and he has a healthy margin in California too.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; February 18, 2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Bloomberg's past actions and words clearly show that he believes that young, black men are disproportionately more likely to commit violent crimes than any other group.

While entirely and completely correct, you can't say that and get elected as a D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              ......If we go to a brokered convention, I don't know how you take the nomination away from Bernie and hand it to someone else without losing a big portion of those votes in November.

They won't sit home. No matter how butt sore the BernieBots may become, the thought of another 4 of Trump will get them off the couch. If Trump had lost the 2020 nomination to Mitt in a contested convention, you think the Trumpanzees would sit home if the Ds put forth Bernie? Zealots be zealots and they all show up at the polls.
                              Last edited by Ghengis Jon; February 18, 2020, 08:34 AM.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Bloomberg's past actions and words clearly show that he believes that young, black men are disproportionately more likely to commit violent crimes than any other group.

While entirely and completely correct, you can't say that and get elected as a D.
                                If stop and frisk was an all-important crime-stopper then there should've been a spike in crime once it stopped. There wasn't. In fact crime in NYC continued to drop and is at its lowest levels in decades, despite having that cop-hating communist running the city.

I'm thinking some of Mayor Mike's comments about women over the years...how he told a subordinate to get an abortion so she wouldn't be out on maternity...or joked that if he could teach a Bloomberg Terminal to give blowjobs, it'd put all the female employees out of a job...once those comments get more widespread it might damage his standing a bit. Unfairly, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X