No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cities have Sharia law taken over? Is there a guidebook for this other than the Daily Stormer? It was.like the idiots a few years ago talking up Dearborn as something to be feared. They might force.you to eat a tasty Shawarma. It is a shame what a guy like Tuberville would do.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      What cities have Sharia law taken over? Is there a guidebook for this other than the Daily Stormer? It was.like the idiots a few years ago talking up Dearborn as something to be feared. They might force.you to eat a tasty Shawarma. It is a shame what a guy like Tuberville would do.
      Typical of Alabama politicians. All just bullshit that the moronic Trump supporters will eat up. This is the type of crap that we are subjected to in Alabama... Sigh

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• What is B10 CG?
        That's a good question, especially for most on this forum. It's the B10 Championship Game -- a foreign concept to our hosts.

In truth, Indy is set up well to host conventions and do big events. The downtown is easy to walk around and is big enough and active enough to accommodate the throngs. I imagine being there when it's not overrun with B10 CG fans is probably a better time. That sort of colors my view -- my Saturday there is focused on finding a place that I can watch football day while sitting at a table and not being overrun by the masses. Took me two tries, but we found it. However, I wouldn't necessarily recommend that as a place to go if other options are available.

Finally, most bars close at 1a on Friday. It's some real bullshit.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh. I thought it was a place with a catchy name.

B10 Championship Grill or whatever.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Oh. I thought it was a place with a catchy name.

B10 Championship Grill or whatever.
            Well, with that statement you definitively make the case that you've been afflicted with addled brain function from residing in the state of Alabama. It's true. There is actually such a condition.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The morning news was filled with breathless reporting about coronavirus infection spiking after the appearance that new cases were slowing.

While new cases are being reported, the reason for the uptick is that the Chinese implemented new ways and processes to identify it in patients with respiratory symptoms.

That's being reported in most responsible articles ...... at the very end after dire warnings.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Confirmation hearings on Trump's latest Fed pick are today. She'd be a bad one and there's a lot of fear she's Trump's choice to eventually replace Powell if he's reelected.

Comment

• That's a good question, especially for most on this forum. It's the B10 Championship Game -- a foreign concept to our hosts.

Well, if we're talking basketball, gymnastics, swimming & diving, softball or baseball, we're quite familiar with that term. We're still working on football.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    1. Sun King
                    2. St. Elmo
                    Have not been there, but my local Homebrew colleagues swear by Daredevil Brewing- not downtown but over by the Speedway.

Comment

• Excellent. Thanks for the rec.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Trump takes a moment out of another long day managing the economy to smack back at John Kelly. Exciting!

Says Kelley didn't quit -- he FIRED him!! And couldn't do it fast enough! Totally in over his head! Left with a whimper! Has a legal and "military obligation" to keep his mouth shut!!

Comment

• Kelley is a private citizen. He has no duty to keep his mouth shut. There's a tradition that former military officers don't criticize those that replaced them. Trump is not immune to criticism from those that worked for him and I don't think that Kelley's views in this specific instance can be claimed as a private matter protected under the provisions of executive privilege.

From a legal standpoint using the UCMJ, Kelley may also be right that the several of Trump's orders as CINC regarding the Ukraine affair were "tantamount to being illegal." In this case and among others he may have "ordered" Vindamen not to testify. If an order is deemed to be illegal, refusing to obey it is a duty. I would doubt that a Judge Advocate would bring charges under the UCMJ against Vindeman for disobeying a lawful order.

I'm not sure where the line is drawn when Trump acts as CINC between his constitutional authority and application of the UCMJ. My sense is that if the president is giving orders and such orders are within the scope of his CINC duties the UCMJ would apply ..... not sure that's ever been tested and it would be a sticky case if it went to the Supremes.

Comment

• Has DSL reported on the D activist being the lead juror in the Stone trial? I mean, not that it mattered that much, but the appearance is pretty....ummmm....less than optimal.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Has DSL reported on the D activist being the lead juror in the Stone trial? I mean, not that it mattered that much, but the appearance is pretty....ummmm....less than optimal.
                              The Judge in Stone's case recently just denied Stone's request (previously under seal) for a new trial because one juror was not allowed to be scratched from the selection. I'm guessing it was that one.

I'm guessing the jury pool in DC is 90%+ Democrat, btw. I believe Stone's defense even complained about this at some point trying to get a venue change. You simply can't expect a Republican to get a fair trial in DC. SAD!!

Comment

• Hope Hicks returning to the White House. Hanni always admired her incredible...communication skills.

They're also rehiring UConn football legend Johnny McEntee, who John Kelley fired for not disclosing massive gambling debts or something back in 2018. Trump is putting him in charge of Personnel, LOL

Circling the wagons. Rehiring cockgobbling loyalists. Hmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X