No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, someone commented on how weird it is that the only Republican to want to remove the 2016 nominee is the 2012 nominee.

But it does also remind me that I think it was Barry Goldwater who got chosen to tell Nixon that Senate R's would no longer support him. Nixon was gone soon after.

Comment

• Goldwater was a good man. He was faced with the facts of Nixon's guilt, and he rightly told Nixon that he was going to get tossed out of office, even by a majority of Republicans. Goldwater was a true statesman, and knew when it was time to do the right thing. He was also demonized by the Democratic party led by Lyndon Baines Johnson, in 1964, who claimed that Goldwater wanted to nuke North Vietnam. LBJ went on to win the election, and immediately escalated the war, and was directly responsible for the deaths of over 50,000 American soldiers.

I remember the 1968 election campaigns, when the Democrats were the party that everyone hated because of Viet Nam. Johnson's failed leadership in that war would have cost him his own party's nomination had RFK not been assassinated.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No surprise on Romney. He's the cuckiest Cuckservative who ever cucked. If he had gone after Obama with the same zeal that he has gone after Trump, then he might have won the 2012 election.

Comment

• 75% of the vote in Iowa in and Bernie in the lead by a tad (per RCP).

Comment

• Sinema and Manchin are both convict votes. The last two mysteries. This time conviction gets a "bipartisan vote" (it's as "bipartisan as the House vote was).

EDIT: I was actually thinking Sinema was the most likely to defect. She's got the potential for a long career whereas Manchin might not even run in 2024. But then again, Arizona's a changing state.

Comment

• LOL...Donnie Jr., mental giant and the likely Republican candidate in 2024, calling for the Senate GOP to expel Romney from their conference.

Republican Senators are openly dismissing the idea. Cramer of North Dakota says "I don't agree". Braun of Indiana says "that's silly talk" and you can't "expel" someone from the Republican Party. It's self-identifying.

Comment

• The smart thing to do would be to ignore it and let it die.

Comment

• Comment

• Nate Cohn (The NY Times election guy) saying he suspects the latest batch of Iowa results have mistakes in them. Deval Patrick (LMAO) has suddenly been assigned hundreds of votes.

What a pathetic farce. Everyone at the DNC should be fired if for one moment they think Iowa should still lead off the campaign after this.

Comment

• What a shock that these are the people who failed to create something that functioned properly.LMAO

Comment

• CNN is really covering the shit out of that Romney vote.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It is a shocking vote. Sure he had differences with Trump but there's no benefit to Romney voting no, none. You guys may say it was easy to predict, balderdash I say. Mitt's career has been kind of a flip flopper. If he was such a Trump enemy he wouldn't have accepted the dude's endorsement twice.

The funny thing is, it's a symbolic vote that does nothing but it will eat at Trump forever.

Comment

• Romney came close to getting it right. Obstruction of Congress was hot shit. No D had the balls to vote against that. Abuse of Power was at least credible.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Senator Mitt Romney’s decision to vote to convict President Donald Trump is an extraordinary act.

Comment

Working...
                                X