Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Hanni:

Thanks for that link. It was a very good read. The only nit I had was that in evaluating costs it seemed that a shale well was not indefinite whereas renewables were. Perhaps an added benefit for the latter. Of course, I'm not sure how frequently the equipment needs replaced -- how long does a wind turbine last.

In any event, I had never thought of the storage issue in those terms -- specifically, I had never thought of oil storage in those terms and then as compared to batteries.

Now, I am 100% a believer in human ingenuity. I won't write off anything. The advances we've seen since even 1970 would make a fool of anyone who'd do that. But, it's hugely interesting to know more of the hurdles faced in converting to alternative energy. One could probably make the argument that we're far more likely to come up with technological advances to address any issues created by hydrocarbon use than we are to replace hydrocarbons.

Anyway, very interesting read.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. I know. I ride my bike out that way all the time (usually from the Hayden Run trail head/dog park). I've probably been on about every road between there and West Jeff-London-Mechanicsburg-Woodstock--Milford Center-Plain City. And, of course, roads beyond.

The hilarious thing is that "Giant Eagle Town" is roughly 5 minutes away from out and out farm fields -- flat as a fucking pancake for as far as the eye can see. But, they're still building. They just put a big housing development in off of Hayden Run W of Cosgray -- first development on that side of the things.

I'm telling you, Plain City and Jonathan Alder High School will be bigger than Lorain High in 10-15 years.

Comment

• Ha is that what they call it? Giant Eagle Town? I did notice the store there and thought it was funny with there being virtually nothing else around (barely even trees)

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            It isn't doomsday talk it's February 6th talk. Trump is free to coordinate with Putin or go to any government to fabricate dirt on rivals. There is no check in that, that's what the GOP told him, "please proceed," Rudy Guiliani and Bill Barr are actively doing that right as we speak.
            And this is different than what the Clintons, Obama or, to be fair, any other president, of either party, has done? Besides the fact that it was fabricated into a particularly long, boring and condescending theatrical disaster? It was Hamilton but with worse costumes, a less interesting story, ridiculous acting and no songs worth remembering. Thankfully, it's over now, so maybe Congress can get back to doing things like messing around with Health Care and doing something about those Credit Card solicitors that call me (multiple times) every day.

Comment

• Ha is that what they call it? Giant Eagle Town? I did notice the store there and thought it was funny with there being virtually nothing else around (barely even trees)
              It's what I call it! Actually, there are some things to the east (there's a light you run into on Hayden where you turn left (if you turn right, there's some restaurants and shit). It's also relatively close to Davidson HS and not too far from beautiful downtown Hilliard!

And there are no trees west of the mighty Darby Creek. In winter when the fields are all just corn stubble the wind whips through there like a motherfucker.

It's considerably different from a comparable location on the East side like Canal or, a little further, your precious Lancaster.

Comment

• Comment

• Fuck me. Two Strangeloves? Who the fuck is minding the store in Lorain?

Comment

• What an interesting concept it is to eliminate the witness from the trial process.

Comment

• I think it's hilarious that people actually think this just like a trial. HILARIOUS. It's the biggest canard the weak-thinking Ds offered.

It wasn't about whether or not PDJT committed the facts alleged. It's about whether or not the facts alleged and the facts proven constitute a sufficient basis to remove the President.

In a real trial, the trier of fact doesn't get to decide what the law is. The trier of fact determines the facts. Then the verdict follows. THAT IS NOT IMPEACHMENT. THAT IS NOT THIS CASE. The Senate's job is to decide if the President should be removed. They could find everything the House says is true and still tell them to fuck off -- as they correctly did here.

"In fact, it's also not like a jury box in the sense that people will call us and lobby us. You don't have jurors called and lobbied and things like that. I mean, it's quite different than a jury. And we're also the judge." -- Chucky Schumer
                      No shit.

Comment

• Good one

Comment

• If Trumps lil speech at the National Prayer breakfast is any indication his full remarks coming up ought to be quite something!!! Retribution!! It must happen!! Will no one avenge me??

Comment

• ACQUITTED!

The hapless D charade ends and the unhinged moan, wail and gnash teeth. LOL.

Comment

• Your boy survived congrats.

Comment

• If Trumps lil speech at the National Prayer breakfast is any indication his full remarks coming up ought to be quite something!!! Retribution!! It must happen!! Will no one avenge me??
                                Maybe I missed it, but he didn't say much about Romney -- a little oblique reference when talking about Senator Lee. Basically a giant victory lap. And, why not? -- he survived a sham impeachment in flying colors.

Great week for the Ds. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X