No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NY State AG has been aggressively going after some of those grifters for selling coronavirus "cures" and treatments. A variety of "silver solutions" that can cure every kind of disease are quite popular right now on the conspiracy far right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The NY State AG has been aggressively going after some of those grifters for selling coronavirus "cures" and treatments. A variety of "silver solutions" that can cure every kind of disease are quite popular right now on the conspiracy far right.
      Yeah, execute those bastards for selling snake oil and profiteering on this crisis.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Do not, my friends, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Comment

• My next door neighbor in FL has a gigantic mango tree in his yard. 2 years ago, it was dropping hundreds of pounds of mangoes in my yard. I paid an arborist 1000 bucks to trim it back across my property line. Last year, it bore no fruit. I was told this is normal. This year it's back and it looks like it has a ton more fruit than it's last fruit bearing season, also normal .......

Guess I'm set.

Won't trim the damn thing back. I'll just set some 50 gallon drums out there, put all of the fruit that drops into my yard in these and brew up something in the fermenting pots.

I have a neighbor in GA who is a prepper. It'll be interesting to talk to him. Nice guy. Big, big man. I see him doing yard work all the time. He mows his lawn with one of these strapped to his leg:

45.jpg
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Only 12,000+ new cases in NY today. JFC. That's currently 35% of the WORLD's new case total for the day. Apparently the testing really is picking up.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 22, 2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Rand Paul caught the Democrat Hoax?

The hell you say?
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Uodate on the front here. Drive thru testing at my wife's hospital has kind of fizzled out, not sure what the reason is but at the start of the week is was an 8 hour wait. Somebody came to get tested Friday with a loaded gun, he was apparently a disciple of AA. Another guy went through screening and he wasn't a case, he freaked out and ran into the hospital. Needless to say as bad as some of the nursing staff is being pushed to the brink, security is being stretched to nearly the same degree.

It's not good, some units are having to take care of patients under normal circumstances that would be sent to the ICU, but there are no beds for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Uodate on the front here. Drive thru testing at my wife's hospital has kind of fizzled out, not sure what the reason is but at the start of the week is was an 8 hour wait. Somebody came to get tested Friday with a loaded gun, he was apparently a disciple of AA. Another guy went through screening and he wasn't a case, he freaked out and ran into the hospital. Needless to say as bad as some of the nursing staff is being pushed to the brink, security is being stretched to nearly the same degree.

It's not good, some units are having to take care of patients under normal circumstances that would be sent to the ICU, but there are no beds for the foreseeable future.
                        Damn. And you know it is going to get worse before it gets better. Lots of people in the Trump/FOX world, which includes the majority of Lower Alabama, in denial. My daughter has friend in NOLA that is working in the hospital. Not enough beds, only 100 tests per day. She describes it as chaos.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• AA - I was just kidding on your earlier posts about leading us through this.

Comment

• Ahh. A disciple of mine would not have carried his weapon through a metal detector unless it was the high impact plastic one that we 3-D printed.

And no way would he have gotten a corona test because those test swabs are filled with fluoride and we all know that will sap our energy and infiltrate our precious bodily fluids.
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 22, 2020, 04:16 PM.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just a personal update here. Work called me yesterday and I was informed that I have been furloughed. Was told that all the managers there took pay cuts and they do have a plan moving forward (otherwise they would not have taken the paycuts). A couple things to read between the lines here: 1) If they are furloughing people now that indicates where I work is hunkering down for this to be a long time. 2) Could mean they are struggling monetary wise also and I am thinking both 1 and 2 are true.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Hate you've been furloughed, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X