Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Of course that's how it's going to get spun by the press. As I said last week, we're on our way to Sandersland and the Ds won't let this absolute catastrophe go to waste -- they're going to leverage the fuck out of it to make sure we get their fast.

Comment

• Well, I'm fairly certain that Mitch wouldn't have brought a bill to the floor that was going to get filibustered -- not in this situation. Whatever is in it, they had an agreement. And, whats more, it still needs to go back to the House and for the two to conference and resolve differences. The Senate Ds won't even do that.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, it's too bad we really don't have the details of the legislation that would allow us to make rational judgments about the positions the two sides are taking. I wouldn't label myself anywhere close to a progressive but I'm in agreement with DSL's concerns about terms that need to apply to government assistance provided to businesses. I've been this way ever since I read the Mark Cuban's tweet.

I do think that a lot of the positives of the 2008/9 bailouts don't get much press. We just hear about CEO's getting million dollar golden parachutes and risky business decisions not being penalized when that business went bankrupt and needed money from the government to keep operating.

It's hard to take a position when you don't know the details.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• All I know is that the Ds sure took advantage of the R Senators in self-quarantine. Brilliant move. And it was orchestrated by Pelosi, who wants to get her Sandersland draft passed first. So, hey -- 5 Rs in quarantine -- let's sink this shit!
          Last edited by iam416; March 23, 2020, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            All I know is that the Ds sure took advantage of the R Senators in self-quarantine. Brilliant move. And it was orchestrated by Pelosi, who wants to get her Sandersland draft passed first. So, hey -- 5 Rs in quarantine -- let's sink this shit!
            So, the first thing I did after reading this post was ask the question. why can't members of congress vote electronically. The article linked below is hot off the press as this is obviously of interest.

I thought the best suggestion to overcome the paralysis, planned or not, was to bring the self quarantined congressmen back to the floor under circumstances where that can be done hygienically and safely ....... after all, just having a COVID - + person in the same room as you are does not mean others in that room are going to become infected. Lots of sesnible ways to completely prevent that.

Bring them all back ASAP.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• BTW, in order to get my mind off of all this, I completed my census this morning ...... it took 10 minutes!

So, of course, I'm back at trying to find some positives out of this shit-storm.

Going for a walk.

Comment

• LOL. As if the Ds would ever agree to that. They have an ADVANTAGE.

Comment

• Bernie wasn't even there to vote against. He was in Vermont, spending the day on his now-pointless campaign

Comment

• I continue to bang on the Louisiana drum because the both national media AND the dismissive types have increasingly been portraying this as an NY/CA problem

Louisiana has the fastest rate of growth rate of coronavirus cases in the world, the state’s Gov. John Bel Edwards said during a news conference on Sunday, citing a University of Louisiana Lafayette study.

Comment

• I think any place where there is a giant tourism industry hotspot is at high risk.

Comment

• We get to say it again...Jerome Powell to the rescue!!!

Comment

• It's a shame the Ds can't torpedo that, too.

Comment

• A local church did Covid-19 testing located in a church parking lot in a fairly affluent suburb of Bham. 1410 tests done with a 3.125% positive.

Two takeaways: (1) Bham is not what one would consider an international city and (2) the percent positive was eerily similar to community testing in Italy.

Dr. Robert Record, CEO of Christ Health Center in Birmingham, oversaw a mass testing site for the COVID-19 coronavirus that ran from March 17-22.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It dropped down to 2.7%, but, yes...it's everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                A local church did Covid-19 testing located in a church parking lot in a fairly affluent suburb of Bham. 1410 tests done with a 3.125% positive.

Two takeaways: (1) Bham is not what one would consider an international city and (2) the percent positive was eerily similar to community testing in Italy.

https://www.al.com/coronavirus/2020/...-19-tests.html
                                On the one hand stuff like that should be a wakeup call that it's already more widespread than we think but on the other hand, that causes the doubters to immediately say "oh well that proves it's not a big deal. 44 people have it and no one's that sick? HOAX!"

Comment

Working...
                                X