Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    It would be nice if Twitter shut down the account of that Chinese foreign ministry guy who keeps spouting abject bullshit
    Why would they do that? It's not as if he has said something truly terrible like "there are only two genders".

Comment

• The Chi-Coms are bad actors. From the South China Sea, to Hong Kong to Taiwan to trade to IP thievery to this fucking virus subterfuge...

In times of the near past what they have done and are doing would have been considered a legit casus belli.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Don't get me wrong -- this isn't really the time for recriminations. I get that. And I get that the US (and other countries) had less than ideal responses. But, personally, I cannot brook this fucking Chinese propaganda bullshit. And I feel like there are people who are willing to let them off the hook. Fuck. Them.

I don't know if it's rational to think they could have stopped it. It would have been unreasonable to lock everything down after one case. But I also know there came a time when reasonable action could have had a huge impact and those fucktwats did nothing except lie and export the disease globally.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Amy Klobuchar announces her husband has it. Hasn't been around him in 14 days so not self-quarantining.

Senate needs to pass this thing or allow remote voting, pronto.

Comment

• You know, instead of Pence, I wish Trump had named W and Obama as co-heads of the Covid-19 response.

It would have been a savvy political move, imo, as it would have mitigated some of the partisan horseshit.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision." -- James Clyburn.

And hence, the bi-partisan Senate deal gets scuttled.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 5700 new cases yesterday in New York State per Cuomo. Overwhelming majority of those either in NYC or the metro area. Says they're up to 12,000 tests a day.

Comment

• When this is over, I hope we can borrow a few slightly used French guillotines.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    People of Miami move large parties to boats and yachts to flout the isolation ban.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez said on "Fox & Friends" on Monday that he was "very disappointed" when photos emerged over the weekend showing packed sandbars amid the coronavirus outbreak.

CGVT,

How long would it take for the Coast Guard to sink these boats?
                    Jesus. What a bunch of dumbasses
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

You know, instead of Pence, I wish Trump had named W and Obama as co-heads of the Covid-19 response.

It would have been a savvy political move, imo, as it would have mitigated some of the partisan horseshit.
                      And you would have seen a presidential demeanor and leadership from both on the podium.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

When this is over, I hope we can borrow a few slightly used French guillotines.
                        This is neither here nor there, but France only stopped guillotining people about 40 years ago. Heck, they were still holding public executions on the eve of WWII!

Fun facts!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

People of Miami move large parties to boats and yachts to flout the isolation ban.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez said on "Fox & Friends" on Monday that he was "very disappointed" when photos emerged over the weekend showing packed sandbars amid the coronavirus outbreak.

CGVT,

How long would it take for the Coast Guard to sink these boats?
                            The problem of yacht owners gathering to party on a sand bar was on Biscayne Bay on Saturday. I've been to that particular sand bar - it got a lot of local news coverage and reported as irresponsible All marina mangers in Miami Dade were ordered by the mayor to close their Marinas around 10:45am on Sunday. The email I received stated boat owners are prevented from taking their boats out of their slips.

I access the City of Miami Marina in Coconut Grove. Each pier has a card activated gate. These are shut off. You cannot get to your boat. About an hour after this announcement, a second letter came out saying the Marina manager was working on methods to accommodate live aboards in the City Marina. I suspect all of the city's public and private marinas were closed.

Fort Lauderdale is a bit different. The New River courses through the city and provides access to the Atlantic. There are a large number of big yachts and 10X or more as many smaller boats. On a weekend, it's not unusual to see the river filled with all types of pleasure boaters. This weekend there were a few - nobody looked like they were partying.

We can call off the coast guard ..... for now.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Regarding the emerging question of whether its better to roll the dice with COVID-19 and send people back to work or continue the economic carnage precipitated by lock-down measures.......

Just finished listening to Governor Cuomo's live presser where he talked about doing just that in NY. His main point was that the state lock-down, in it's present form, is unsustainable, unless you want a complete collapse of the economy, banking and financial systems.

After that, he explained that there are plenty of people who are at low risk for serious illness from COVID-19 and those that have been exposed, tested + and recovered after minor illness. In fact, he emphasized for every 10,000 residents of the state of NY who might test +, only 500 of them will get seriously ill. Locking these 9500 potentially productive workers down isn't necessary.

He is working with Yale University experts on COVID-19 risk stratification and have asked them to help the state develop a return to work plan based on keeping vulnerable groups of workers at home (isolated/self-quarantined) and getting the rest of the work force back to work.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Until they figure out how to do that dance you have to be in lockdown. We don't have the beds or supplies at the moment to do that. Cuomo also said NY might need 30,000 ICU beds where they currently have 3,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X