Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    Joe picks Kamala Harris as the next President.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...mala-harris-vp

Harris will become President within 12-18 months of Biden's inauguration.

White men, you're on the top of her list.
    Oh no! Whatever shall we do?

IMG_8050.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I guess I should be ok with Harris. She was spectacularly bad in the primary. She was a darling and should have, if she was at all competent, made a really strong push for the nomination. But she was just awful.

So, she fits right in with the 2020 tickets.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One good thing is that she's going to have to go head-to-head with the BLM who wants law enforcement eliminated. She has a strong background in law enforcement, so in order to get their votes, she'll have to pander to them, and at least SOUND like them, until after election day. I think BLM types will hold their nose and vote for her anyway, hoping they can change her mind after she becomes President.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Oh no! Whatever shall we do?
          I'll probably find a way to survive. I'll have a big target on my back for a while, but hopefully, I can fly under the radar for a few years.

Comment

• Sen Harris being picked is not surprising. She ran an awful campaign. Willing to do what she has to achieve her ambition. Wall Street loves her.

Just another middle finger to the progressive wing.

I am sure no one cares but the DNC refused to credential The Young Turks (a leading progressive news show) for the Dem convention. They have been credentialed since 2004. Hell, the RNC credential The Young Turks in 2016 for their convention.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• You guys get everything that you want and you are still complaining? JFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                You guys get everything that you want and you are still complaining? JFC
                Who? Progressives that care about policy not identity?

BTW, The Young Turks has more digital views than Fox News (by about 50 million), CNN (130+ million) and MSNBC (225 million).
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• To be fair to Harris, a large portion of Bernie voters would've complained about Rice, Whitmer, Bass, Amy K, and even Warren. Bernie should've been VP. And then flip the ticket.

Meanwhile Bernie out here working hard just like he did for Hillary.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    One good thing is that she's going to have to go head-to-head with the BLM who wants law enforcement eliminated. She has a strong background in law enforcement, so in order to get their votes, she'll have to pander to them, and at least SOUND like them, until after election day. I think BLM types will hold their nose and vote for her anyway, hoping they can change her mind after she becomes President.
                    I have literally already seen different Trump surrogates attack her for being too tough on criminals while as a DA but also being totally pro-crime and anti-police.

Trump himself called her the most farthest left person in the Senate little more than an hour ago. Considering the Senate has both Bernie and Warren that's really something.

Comment

• The issues that hurt Harris in the primary won’t hurt her in the general. She was just a clownshow campaigner in the primary vacillating on numerous key issues that should have been resolved.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Worthless college-related trivia

Biden/Harris would be the first administration without an Ivy Leaguer since Carter/Mondale

The last President & VP to have both attended state schools? Johnson/Humphrey

Comment

• Trump himself called her the most farthest left person in the Senate little more than an hour ago. Considering the Senate has both Bernie and Warren that's really something.
                          And I think this is actually a pretty decent political move by Trump. She's going to be in the position of denying she's 'far left' which will piss off the far left, or she'll have to ACT like she's far left, in order to get their votes. In other words, does she want AOC and The Squad to throw their massive support behind her, or does she want to isolate them?

She's not going to be able to run away from her law enforcement background. That's already got BLM upset with her as the choice. They would have been much happier with someone like Stacy Abrams or even Gretch Whitmer, who don't have that background of putting people in jail. Again, she's going to have to distance herself from law enforcement, or embrace it. Embrace it, and she gets no BLM support. Run from it, and she gets no fence-sitting never-Trumpers who happen to like cops.

Comment

• The Russian vaccine gamut is an interesting one. Set aside the politics of it for a moment - yeah, Putin likes the limelight and what's new about high profile world leaders seeking that?

When less than 1% of those infected with the virus die and somewhere between 2% &10% (depending on age grouping) get sick enough to be hospitalized, introducing an essentially untested vaccine where more than that might get seriously ill or die from getting vaccinated is a big risk. Or is it? Again, what's the risk/cost/benefit calculation?

The Russians aren't stupid. You can bet they've modeled it and PH risks came out low. Meanwhile, the benefit of getting socially and economically back to some level of normalcy, in the Russian's opinion, far outweighed the ever increasing social and economic costs of restricted mobility that the rest of the world seems set on continuing to cyclically impose.

Obviously time will tell and it's Russia so don't expect to hear anything but success stories from there. You can also count on the Western press getting connected with Putin's political opponents and reporting all kinds of disinformation involving the failure of the Russian vaccine. It's going to be hard, and that is an understatement, to learn the truth about how the Russian vaccine gamut went.

While we know mobility restrictions work in stopping the spread of the virus, the wide spread use of this mitigation measure over the last 8 months has had catastrophic impact on multiple levels. Some would argue the cost was not worth the benefit especially when mobility restrictions were imposed on age groups that were not at risk. IMO, there's some risk taking leadership being displayed here that is entirely absent in the rest of the world.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trump promises "suburban housewives" he will keep them safe from low income people and warns Corey [sic] Booker is coming to your neighborhood if Joe Biden wins.

This'll definitely do the trick.

Comment

• Once Joe is forced into retirement due to his health, Kamala will need a VP when she's inaugurated as President.

Cory Booker is her good friend. I'm sure he'll be on her short list if Michele Obama turns it down.

These ought to be giddy times for you, Strangelove. If you thought Trump was a "nutjob running the country", you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X