Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

In your world has Michigan beaten Ohio State 8 times in the last decade? Because that sounds like a wonderful place to live. I'd move there.
    I've said it many times. Liberals live in an alternate Twilight Zone reality where up is down and inside is out. I could forgive them for this were it not for the fact that they want to impose their sickness on the rest of us on a massive scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      If Asians want to stop hate, they should start voting Republican. Only about 25% of them do. The rest of them vote Democrat, along with the black people who commit about 90% of the violent crimes against Asians.
      Not to mention that Asians are actively discriminated against in university admissions.

It certainly didn't take long for the narrative to shift from "lunatic with sexual issues" to "clearly racism!". Less than a day, in fact. Now the Sheriff in Cherokee County is under fire for suggesting it was the former because if he isn't screaming that it's racism, he himself, must be a racist.

Comment

• Young black men assaulting Asians = "white supremacy". See my previous comment about Twilight Zone alternate reality.

Comment

• Asians are, indeed discriminated against in University admissions. Even moreso than white people. With that said, I will not shed a tear of sympathy for a demographic that votes overwhelmingly for the people who advocate for those discriminatory policies.

Comment

If Asians want to stop hate, they should start voting Republican. Only about 25% of them do. The rest of them vote Democrat, along with the black people who commit about 90% of the violent crimes against Asians.
            Asians used to vote Republican. Then people like you started talking about halting nearly all non-white immigration, no matter how skilled or educated they might be.

A white, conservative English soccer hooligan that's addicted to meth is a more valuable addition to this country than a slightly left-leaning Indian physician, in your view, because the hooligan can be trusted to vote the "correct" way.

Comment

In your world has Michigan beaten Ohio State 8 times in the last decade? Because that sounds like a wonderful place to live. I'd move there.
              LOL
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There is no good data showing how Asians have voted or would have voted 30 years ago, because the demographic "Asian" is extremely broad and the mixture of Asian in the Untied States may has likely changed dramatically in the past 30 years. Vietnamese, for instance, are no doubt a much smaller fraction of Asians than they were in 1980s. Interesting that the people fleeing Communism are the most anti-Communist. Kinda like Cuban Americans. It's almost as if the people who live under the system of government that Democrats want have experienced how badly it sucks first hand.

If voting patterns have changed, then I can't speak to why that would have happened. Asian Americans are first and foremost, victims of people who vote Democrat. Either in University admissions or in the streets at the hands of young black males. If people are gullible enough to perceive their enemies as their allies then I won't shed a tear for them.

I mean, JFC, Koreans went more than 2-to-1 for Joe Biden? Have these people never seen video footage of the LA riots? Apparently not.

AAVS2020-Pres-Vote.png

Anyhow, it's nice to see DSL expressing his desire for a merit-based immigration system. I'd love to see an immigration system that gives preferential treatment to physicians over unskilled drug addicts. Did you know that pre Hart-Cellar that's what we used to have?
                Last edited by Hannibal; March 18, 2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• I’m pretty sure Hannibal has been consistent in his position that immigration should be skills-based. I.E. can you come here and contribute or do you plan to utilize the social safety net?

Edit: I started typing before I saw your post above.
                  Last edited by Mike; March 18, 2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Yeah, this is the astounding thing. Democrats and Progs are literally arguing for state-sanctioned discrimination against Asians. Literally. You can't argue otherwise.

Comment

I’m pretty sure Hannibal has been consistent in his position that immigration should be skills-based. I.E. can you come here and contribute or do you plan to utilize the social safety net?
                      No, that's Talent's position.

Hannibal has move well beyond that to race-based immigration because no matter how skilled or educated the non-white immigrant may be, they'll become a leftist or Marxist or whatever once they're here. And you can see in the chart and the argument he's forwarding right now that he considers ethnicity more important than skills in choosing which immigrants to let in.

Comment

• It's also worth pointing out that Filipinos and Vietnamese, the two groups on that chart with the lowest educational and skill levels, are the two groups most likely to vote Republican.

College-educated, highly-skilled Asian immigrants are more likely to vote the same way as their college-educated, highly-skilled white American peers.

Comment

• It's hilarious to hear DSL frame the issue as "race vs. merit", as if any system based on merit wouldn't overwhelmingly favor demographics that are radically different from our current immigration makeup. Look at any heat map of literacy rates and per capita GDP and you will get a feel for what countries will produce the most productive immigrants.

Or maybe the millions of immigrants who have arrived here from Mexico Guatemala, the Middle East, and sub-Saharan Africa over the past 20 years really are all doctors and engineers.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; March 18, 2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            It's also worth pointing out that Filipinos and Vietnamese, the two groups on that chart with the lowest educational and skill levels, are the two groups most likely to vote Republican.

College-educated, highly-skilled Asian immigrants are more likely to vote the same way as their college-educated, highly-skilled white American peers.
                            If country of origin is an accurate proxy for educational and skill levels, as you clearly concede in the above, then I'm not sure why we wouldn't use country of origin as a quick proxy for immigration status. Sure, I'd rather look at each case on an individual basis, but when Chairman Joe reverts back to a nonsensical definition of asylum and creates a border surge then I'm all for some sort of way to expeditiously sort these folks out.

Comment

• If we went to a purely merit-based system and judged folks individually, then our immigration system would look like our college admissions, if our college admissions did not have "diversity" bonuses and affirmative action. And then Democrats would claim that it's "racist" because achievement and meritocracy are part of white supremacy.

Comment

• Well, right.

Comment

Working...
                                X