Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    That was not a medical opinion. It was a political opinion. He is basing it on the Trumpster's belief that it will all magically disappear after the election/inauguration
    Possibly. OTH, there are medical professionals that I associate with on a regular basis through distant interchanges on COVID who have said the same thing. There are sound reasons for that but these are often dismissed because, well, Trump said and conctinues to say, "it will all go away," time table adjusted to meet his political needs.

Virologist and epidemiologists keep telling us that the actual numbers of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 may be 5X to 10X the number reported. At the same time they continue decreasing the number of cases it takes to create herd immunity. At first it was in the range of 70-80% or higher. Then it came down to around 60% with some offering that it could be less than that. The two curves are going to intersect at some point and community spread will decline ...... there are places where you can already see that happening in the NE that got ravaged initially and now is enjoying a notable degree of containment success, bragable, infact, if officials rather than herd immunity are responsible for that success.

I think what is the most important thing to brag about is the emergence of improved management of hospitalized/critically ill COVID patients and a CFR/IFR that is quite low in the US.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think what is the most important thing to brag about is the emergence of improved management of hospitalized/critically ill COVID patients and a CFR/IFR that is quite low in the US.
      This seems to be true.

In the first 60 days of the outbreak in our county, we had at least 24 deaths. Most of them in nursing homes.

In the last 90 days, we've had 2 deaths. Any deaths from this thing are too many, but some improvement seems to be taking place, .. for some reason.

And I don't think politics has anything to do with it.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Now ... my BARBER on the other hand ... HE would qualify as a "trumpster"....

As would the vast majority of "Barbers". It's the "Stylists" that you have to worry about ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Sorry, CG. You don't know my doctor the way I do. He does not qualify as a "trumpster" in any way at all. He has offices in 3 cities, and works in the Sparrow health organization as one of their top cardiologists. He doesn't go about making wild political statements to his patients.

Now ... my BARBER on the other hand ... HE would qualify as a "trumpster"....
          Could be he wanted to reassure you that it would be over, so you are not worrying as much about it and taking some stress off of you?
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I stick with the theory that the world is ending soon and they're just not telling us. Too much insanity going on to be anything else...lol

PS- Not a barber but have cut my own hair. Until marrying my wife...lol
            Last edited by foxhopper; August 25, 2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• An "Angel Mom" speaking at the RNC tonight encouraged her twitter followers to read a thread. She then linked to a rabidly antisemitic diatribe written by a QAnon supporter. The Rothschilds, the Protocols of Zion, an international Jewish plot to kill Christians, it's all there. Vile bullshit.

EDIT: CNN now reporting that her speech (recorded earlier) has been pulled

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rnc-sp...ve-the-world-1
              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 25, 2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• EgS3-ANWkAAwSVC?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Could be he wanted to reassure you that it would be over, so you are not worrying as much about it and taking some stress off of you?
                  Partially.

But knowing him as I do, I also believe if he felt that I needed to "lock myself down" due to my health issues, he would have advised me to do so. I believe he's an excellent physician, one of the best in his field in the state. As such, I believe he's keeping himself advised as to what is going on with vaccine development, and Covid treatment, since all he does every day is deal with people who have underlying health issues. I believe he made that statement to me because he honestly believes it.

I guess we'll see, won't we?

Comment

• Maybe he thinks we'll all be dead in six months so it doesn't matter.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Or maybe just Liney...
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He didn't give me the long face, so I'm thinking I should be okay.

At least I am saved from the stress of yet another lambasting by those hilljacks from northern kentucky

Comment

• Hurricane Laura is now a Cat 3 and expected to be a Cat 4 Hurricane before it makes landfall at the N Texas, Louisiana border early Thursday morning. Ground zero will likely be the Sabine Pass which is SE of Beaumont TX. The coastal area is a large wildlife reserve so, not much habitation but Beaumont, about 25 miles inland, is going to take a hit.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Personally, I think the economy sucks right now but investors of all stripes keep pouring money that's been sitting on the sidelines for 6 months into the markets. Analysts think upward trends will continue even though the Dow is being driven by the big boys, Microsoft, Oracle and Apple, to some extent by retailers like Amazon, big grocers, Walmart and Home Depot and the NASDAQ by tech companies of all sizes benefitting from the impact of COVID. So, it's not all bad.

Meanwhile, American Airlines is going to cut 19K jobs in October when the PPP ends. Virgin Atlantic which is partly owned by Delta survived liquidation yesterday with a debt restructuring deal that will keep it afloat for another couple of months. Any business tied to the travel and leisure sector is in huge trouble with recovery in that economic sector predicted not to occur until well into 2022 and if not longer than that if COVID fears persist and travel restrictions remain in place, vaccine or not. That sector accounts for about 10% of global GDP. US unemployment will remain high by virtue of the troubles in that sector alone.

Comment

• qoItE7sy9K.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Hurricane Laura is now a Cat 3 and expected to be a Cat 4 Hurricane before it makes landfall at the N Texas, Louisiana border early Thursday morning. Ground zero will likely be the Sabine Pass which is SE of Beaumont TX. The coastal area is a large wildlife reserve so, not much habitation but Beaumont, about 25 miles inland, is going to take a hit.
                                The area that's going to take the direct hit is also home to almost half the oil refineries in the country. Would expect to pay more at the pump in the coming weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X