No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me reiterate -- MARTIAL LAW IS COMING!!!!!

This is the type of shit I'm supposed to take seriously?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This will be the biggest challenge to the electoral college results since the start of the 20th century. Yes, it's domed to fail and yes, many are only signing on because they know it WILL fail, but the precedent is being set for this to happen every 4 years. And they're encouraging the base to accept this as a legitimate means of selecting a President.

The Barbara Boxer 2005 stuff isn't comparable by scale. She was one Senator plus some House members challenging one state (Also involving a deluded conspiracy theory that corrupt voting machines were switching votes). In 2016 the handful of Dems that wanted to fight Trump couldn't find one Dem Senator willing to go along with them. Biden himself gaveled the 'debate' closed. Today, close to 150 Republicans in Congress are going to go along with this stupidity for no other reason than they can and that the base has been encouraged to expect it of them.

Comment

• It's convenient if you cut off the timeframe for 2020-2016 comparison at the end of January. Because, you know, nothing happened after January 2017 that was a brazen attempt to delegitimize the election. Nothing at all.

Quit playing these games. I'm not that fucking stupid.

Comment

• I'll also note that the Democrats are now consistently questioning the legitimacy of the every Presidential election they lose by questioning the validity of the EC. The Popular Vote vs the EC vote narrative, which is fully intended to delegitimize any R that happens to win the EC and not the Popular Vote.

What a few Rs are doing right now is theatrical nonsense. Fully conceded.

I also fully concede that this nonsense is of a different nature than the Ds efforts to delegitimize elections results.

But what you will not concede is that the Ds spent(d) enormous efforts to delegitimize the election of PDJT (any R President in the future).

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            It's convenient if you cut off the timeframe for 2020-2016 comparison at the end of January. Because, you know, nothing happened after January 2017 that was a brazen attempt to delegitimize the election. Nothing at all.

Quit playing these games. I'm not that fucking stupid.
            If Republicans want to say Biden is an illegitimate President for the next 4 years, that's fine. Go right ahead. What they're screwing around with NOW goes beyond rhetoric, even if it won't work. I don't view screaming RUSSIA! mid-2017 is the equivalent of or, in your opinion WORSE, than objecting to electoral votes baselessly just because your guy lost.

Comment

• Oh, I know you don't think the Ds did anything wrong with their years long attempt to delegitimize PDJT. I KNOW THAT.

I KNOW you view this nonsense as an existential threat.

That's you.

Comment

• If Republicans want to say Biden is an illegitimate President for the next 4 years, that's fine.
                You seem to conveniently leave out that the Dems considered Dubya an Illegitimate President for 8 years. Just ask AlGore.

That cursed USSC, .. and all that.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Existential no doubt.

Anyways, going for my first covid test today. I've lost a lot of my sense of taste and smell since I got up yesterday, Don't have many symptoms besides that, just feels like a mild sinus infection sort of. But several people I was briefly around at Christmas have tested positive so...good chance I am too.

Comment

• If you have it, then hopefully it falls into a normal course of covid and everything is fine.

Comment

• It's a Buckeye Slugfest!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, if I do have it and I caught it from family members that would have been either late Christmas day or the 26th. I've had minimal exposure anywhere since then. So I'm probably close to Day 10 if I do have it. If it's going to be anything other than a nuisance i should know in the next couple days. But we'll see. Like I said, everything I have could be a sinus infection. My relatives who tested positive are vomiting or have nausea and I've got none of that.

Comment

• I had Covid last month. Tested positive after I lost my sense of smell. No real symptoms except fatigue.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...and dipshittery...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Well, if I do have it and I caught it from family members that would have been either late Christmas day or the 26th. I've had minimal exposure anywhere since then. So I'm probably close to Day 10 if I do have it. If it's going to be anything other than a nuisance i should know in the next couple days. But we'll see. Like I said, everything I have could be a sinus infection. My relatives who tested positive are vomiting or have nausea and I've got none of that.
                              Mine was a lot like that. I did have one day of diarrhea that could have been related or it could have just been some shitty food? For me it seemed as if it was a sinus infection with a mild cough and extreme fatigue. I don't drink beer very often anymore, but I used to brew and was able to identify different hops in beer. I had a Cigar City Jai Alai and I remember commenting to my wife that I most have lost that ability, because I only tasted the bitterness. I chocked it up to having what I though was a head cold. Again, I don't know if it was related or not, but I drank a couple of different beers over the holidays and seemed to have regained that sense, so I could have lost some of my sense of taste for a while.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I hope all of you recover fully.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X