Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• since it appears that we are posting stupid assed songs...

Last edited by CGVT; May 21, 2021, 08:47 AM.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Nobody wants to work anymore
        My yard wasted finally got picked up after 4 weeks and just yesterday I saw a McDonald's advertising a $500 sign-on bonus and a KFC advertising $13/hour for cooks and $48K for managers. Because, yes, lots of people don't want to work anymore.

Comment

• Gee, if you've got to use a character like Randy Rainbow to get your point across, you should probably just give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

"Capitol Riot"

Fucking joke. To compare that to the BLM and Antifa shit all fucking summer long just shows how fucking stupid and ignorant you are.
            Indeed. Scared of a group of unarmed Americans lead by a dude in a buffalo hat. Would have been an embarrassing first unarmed overthrow of the world's most powerful government.

Comment

• I remember a time back in the late 70's when our first Burger King opened in Owosso. Unemployment was up around 12% in the state of Michigan. When the BK advertised in the local newspaper that they were going to be hiring about 40 people, the next day there was a line of people nearly two blocks long, waiting just to fill out an application. And these people came from not just the local area, but they came from Flint, Saginaw, and as far away as Lansing, which is about 40 miles away. Just to fill out an application for a minimum wage job, which was about $3.65 per hour, IIRC.

Today, people see no need to work when the government is giving out so much free stuff that it actually penalizes you to work.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Does this pretty much close the book on universal basic income? the giving away of free money on this scale, it is unsustainable, both from a financial standpoint, but also from the point of work ethic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

My yard wasted finally got picked up after 4 weeks and just yesterday I saw a McDonald's advertising a $500 sign-on bonus and a KFC advertising $13/hour for cooks and $48K for managers. Because, yes, lots of people don't want to work anymore.
                  The unemployment covid bonus has been a incentive for a lot of people to stay home, sure. Especially really shitty jobs where the pay is low and you're forced to deal with the public all day. There's a KFC near me that has had to randomly close a few times recently for lack of staff. This is only anecdotal evidence, but I eat out regularly at a Longhorn and another kind of mid-range place. I've been seeing the same familiar faces at both for years and they're pretty much all still around. It feels like the restaurants having trouble with staffing are less those places and more the fast food joints and local diner type of places. Places where you're either working your butt off or getting lousy tips.

I did also see an article kinda recently that threw a different idea out there and it's that fast food is seeing increased competition over the same labor pool from the explosion of warehouse jobs around the country. I think I saw where Amazon is hiring something like 80,000 more warehouse workers by the end of the year? A lot of other companies are ramping that up too. Working in an Amazon warehouse doesn't really require any more education than being a fast food worker, yet the job typically carries a much higher salary, better benefits, and you don't have to deal with the public at all. Not that it's a cushy job. Anyway, that isn't more important than the unemployment benefits factor, but I thought it was a reasonable additional cause for the lower-income worker shortage.
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 21, 2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Consider the source but the article informs that there are multiple factors affecting the appearance that restaurants can't find workers outside of UIBs.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• How come I thought of The Wizard when I saw this?

186540492_10223668361038668_1265800617312741326_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=VIO4j7Qy_ukAX-B5kLB&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=e0551eb23d07ef0c5561298a073feb27&oe=60CBCF72.jpg

Comment

• If we had to have an old democrat as President, its too bad it couldn't have been Joe Lieberman.

Comment

• <sigh> Supreme Court sinks to the level of Congress.

Supreme Court justices have long criticized each other’s legal reasoning, but they are increasingly impugning their colleagues’ motives and sincerity, in a way that matches the current political climate.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• BVRemB4l.jpg

Comment

• Speaking of cults:

JFC, these people.

Last edited by Hannibal; May 21, 2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X