Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is only accepting one-on-one interviews with "black and brown" journalists. No white journalists need apply. Her justification for unilaterally excluding reporters from covering her based exclusivey on skin color is, of course, "diversity and inclusion."

I wonder if Ms. Lightfoot is one of them "extremists" or just your garden variety D. Actually, I don't wonder that at all.
    Ahhhh....unity
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We're discussing the Capitol riot, not BLM so try to stay on point. Distraction and deflection, the right's standard response when faced truth, does not serve you here. But let me indulge. IMO, assaulting the Capitol with the intent of preventing a Constitutionally specified duty, clamouring for the murder of the Vice President (gallows already built and on display), and attempting to overthrow the results of a free and fair election is FAR FAR worse than burning Portland or Minneapolis. Not even close. More importantly, they have nothing to do with each other and are separate conversations, regardless what extremists with an agenda say.

Exactly.

False equivalency is the right's M.O.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Kamala didn't get where she is because she was smart, competent or charismatic. How ironic is it that the party that claims to be all-in for empowering women and POC would pretty much ditch those criteria for the oldest trick in the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          We're discussing the Capitol riot, not BLM so try to stay on point. Distraction and deflection, the right's standard response when faced truth, does not serve you here. But let me indulge. IMO, assaulting the Capitol with the intent of preventing a Constitutionally specified duty, clamouring for the murder of the Vice President (gallows already built and on display), and attempting to overthrow the results of a free and fair election is FAR FAR worse than burning Portland or Minneapolis. Not even close. More importantly, they have nothing to do with each other and are separate conversations, regardless what extremists with an agenda say..
          comedy gold

Comment

• Yeah, that's a bit hyperbolic considering none of the rioters - and that's what they were - had guns. If this was an actual operation to take out top level government officials I think they would have brought something more lethal than a hockey stick with a flag tied to it.

Comment

• Yeah, these are gun nuts! It’s really hard to take claims of overthrowing the government or whatever else seriously. It was definitely a riot, though.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Naw. According to the GOP and half of the posters here, t was just tourists taking selfies

732058fc4680d3aeda24504a1fe4f3e2.jpeg
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If the DC incident was
                  assaulting the Capitol with the intent of preventing a Constitutionally specified duty, clamouring for the murder of the Vice President (gallows already built and on display), and attempting to overthrow the results of a free and fair election
                  , .. then it was the worst planned insurrection in the history of mankind.

It was more along the lines of "The Mouse That Roared" than it was anything else.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Naw. According to the GOP and half of the posters here, t was just tourists taking selfies

732058fc4680d3aeda24504a1fe4f3e2.jpeg
                    DomesticTerror.jpg

Comment

• Bodycam footage from a cop taking some tourists on a tour of the Capitol. Happens every day.

Comment

• For the people that went inside and just milled around and gawked like morons at things, I don't have much of a problem slapping them with a trespassing charge and the heaviest fine allowed by law.

For anyone caught on camera attacking the cops, or smashing and breaking shit, or stealing, or vandalizing (and there's hundreds), fuck em.

Comment

• It was clearly a riot and an ugly one at that. The fact that it happened at the Capitol makes it even more disgusting and I’m on record here saying more of those idiots should have been shot. But to claim it was an “insurrection” or a “coup” is hyperbolic bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            It was clearly a riot and an ugly one at that. The fact that it happened at the Capitol makes it even more disgusting and I’m on record here saying more of those idiots should have been shot. But to claim it was an “insurrection” or a “coup” is hyperbolic bullshit.
                            I personally think the term insurrection is an exaggeration and like Talent said, it was certainly a fucking riot and 100+ cops got hurt. The people downplaying it as being nothing are a lot more in the wrong than anyone calling for harsh sentences.

These morons had no plan beyond stopping the electoral count. They actually expected Trump would come down Pennsylvania Ave driving a tank, with 100,000 loyal troops behind him, to arrest most of Congress. But I also fully expect that if this mob could've gotten their hands on a hated Congressman, they would've roughed them up a bit. I hope it would've not gone farther than that, but who knows? Dudes that have no problem beating the shit out of a cop aren't going to hesitate to slap Pelosi or sucker punch Adam Schiff.

Comment

• I agree with all that. But I keep hearing (this past weekend, in fact) from people in personal conversations that “our democracy was hanging by a thread”, etc. That’s ridiculous. It was a bunch of hardcore cultists that lost their shit and rioted. Our country was not nearly toppled by a few hundred angry right-wingers and a hockey stick.

Comment

• The Obama DOJ spied on Fox's James Rosen back in 2013, to try and catch who was leaking him information. Fox raised hell (rightfully so) and a lot of the MSM stuck up for them.

In the past two weeks it's now been revealed that Trump's DOJ did the exact same thing to at least 4 reporters, three at the Washington Post and (today's story) one at CNN

The Trump administration secretly sought and obtained the 2017 phone and email records of a CNN correspondent, the latest instance where federal prosecutors have taken aggressive steps targeting journalists in leak investigations.

Comment

Working...
                                X