No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has said he won't be vaccinated because he's had Covid, and he believes he's now immune. I guess we'll see how that pans out.

My wife, son and I all had the J&J vaccine, and the only reaction among the three of us was with me, when my blood glucose levels played jumping jacks for about a day and a half. Since I got that under control, I've been fine. My wife and son had nothing at all from it. OTOH, my younger son had the Moderna, and after the 2nd shot he had a fever, headache, and his pulse was racing over 100 for about 3 days. He called his doctor's office and they told him to go to the ER, but he hates hospitals, and he didn't go. He toughed it out, and he's fine now. We were worried about him for a few days there.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

DSL: Have you seen any numbers of those who have been vaccinated PLUS those who developed a natural immunity (from having Covid)? The progs in my area are wringing their hands that we won't reach "herd immunity" because some folks are not taking the vaccine. IMO, you did the right thing by waiting. Did you experience any blow-back for being "unvaccinated"?

Expect your second shot to bring on some more severe reactions, but if you didn't have the reaction, I'd wonder about the efficacy of the shot.
      I seem to recall an article or two suggesting folks that've had it AND eventually get vaccinated may end up with the best immunity of all.

And yeah I've expected the second shot to be the bad one for a while. I was advised to try and avoid taking any medicine with an anti-fever agent in it for about 48 hours, even if I started having symptoms. Might interfere with the vaccine's efficacy in some way I guess.

Comment

• Whitmer stepped into another pile of poop. Rules for thee but not for me! I don't know if her credibility can get any lower but I'm willing to give her another few days to find out. I'm sure she won't disappoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has said he won't be vaccinated because he's had Covid, and he believes he's now immune. I guess we'll see how that pans out.

My wife, son and I all had the J&J vaccine, and the only reaction among the three of us was with me, when my blood glucose levels played jumping jacks for about a day and a half. Since I got that under control, I've been fine. My wife and son had nothing at all from it. OTOH, my younger son had the Moderna, and after the 2nd shot he had a fever, headache, and his pulse was racing over 100 for about 3 days. He called his doctor's office and they told him to go to the ER, but he hates hospitals, and he didn't go. He toughed it out, and he's fine now. We were worried about him for a few days there.
          It's funny you mention the pulse thing. I bought one of those little cheapie finger things that measures your blood oxygen and pulse back when I actually had covid. There was never anything wrong with my pulse back then but last night my pulse was up around 100 quite a bit too. Back to normal today. Kind of an unpleasant 8 hours but I seem to have burned through it fast. I'll see how shot #2 goes in a few weeks.

Oh and I have no clue what the actual J&J shot felt like but the Pfizer one was nothing. I didn't even know she had stuck me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Whitmer stepped into another pile of poop. Rules for thee but not for me! I don't know if her credibility can get any lower but I'm willing to give her another few days to find out. I'm sure she won't disappoint.
            She sure manages to find herself in situations of her own doing. She was still dealing with the flak of her chartered plane ride to Georgia, and then she goes out to a dinner gathering with a bunch of her friends and violates her own restaurant restrictions. Seems like her handlers would try harder to keep her out of embarrassing situations. Maybe she needs new handlers.

I recommend Ghengis Jon. He'd keep her out of trouble ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              The graduating seniors from Grand Blanc High School held their prom yesterday. They were restricted from having the gathering they wanted by COVID rules in Michigan, so they took their party to Toledo Ohio. I've been Toledo many times, and every time I go there, I can see why Michigan forced Ohio to take the Toledo area while Michigan took the UP in the famous "war of Ohio and Michigan" But, for a Michigan HS to go to Ohio to have their prom has to be a major poke in the eye for Queen Gretch.

This is one incident where I will say "good" on the kids from Grand Blanc for their ingenuity and backbone.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...er/5073249001/
              surprised she didn't force those kids into a 14 day isolation.

Comment

Whitmer stepped into another pile of poop. Rules for thee but not for me! I don't know if her credibility can get any lower but I'm willing to give her another few days to find out. I'm sure she won't disappoint.

Just another politician who thinks the job has a blanket exemption to, well, everything.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

In her view, it's "fertilizer". Everything she does is for political reasons and there's no real downside for pissing off the people who weren't going to vote for her anyways. In fact, pissing them off probably galvanizes her support base. Of course, the Republicans will probably roll out another crash test dummy next year, so she can probably get away with anything she wants to.

Yeah, it's demented and crazy as organic chemistry and quantum mechanics combined, but that's Pure Michistan in 2021.

Comment

• Peloton opening its first US plant near Toledo

Comment

• 1621854943413?e=1624492800&v=beta&t=getNNedrSOGKhqk2V68uZ2ksEgUe6s6-h0Rixb5rBYk.jpg

Comment

• The US is considering it's own Bitcoin.

What happens when large swaths of territory lose power like 2003? Sorry we don't accept cash?

I'm sure the gov't would NEVER just confiscate all your digital assets for <insert reason here>. You want the gov't to REALLY suppress your POV? Give them the power to confiscate your wealth without notice or permission. I'm sure that problem would be easy to resolve in case of a "mistake".
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• "IMO, you did the right thing by waiting. "

You are a fucking moron Geezer. (I thought you were dead. Of course following your own advice might get you to that point.)

Comment

• STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                                "IMO, you did the right thing by waiting. "

You are a fucking moron Geezer. (I thought you were dead. Of course following your own advice might get you to that point.)
                                The current guidance is to wait 3 months before taking the vaccine if you previously had Covid.

Comment

Working...
                                X