No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile over in the Arbery trial, Travis McMichael has taken the stand. Which I think you kinda gotta do when you make a self-defense argument.

Comment

• little more then that

Pullitzer is or was a respected award that many people automatically accept as the truth when given in that fashion.

Essentially their backing and awarding of the story led creedence to the story

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        little more then that

Pullitzer is or was a respected award that many people automatically accept as the truth when given in that fashion.

A private entity can give an award to whatever person or group they wish. It’s a subjective award that is given out by a private university. They could give a Pulitzer for “50 Shades of Gray,” “Battlefield Earth,” and “Congo” if they wish. There is no way this would go to trial and if it did, it would be a laughingstock.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Subject change .......

This was forwarded to me by a friend of the same political persuasion, who, like me, has argued that the central threat to American democracy isn't activist organizations like BLM or any number of organizations that have trashed the concepts of civil order, the role of responsible government to enforce it through law enforcement and core democratic principals.

It is what this author describes as Autocracy.Inc, a conglomerate of foreign autocrats - the bad guys. The list is long and you know who they are. They control the levers of governments in the countries they preside over to thier benefit and to the neglect of the citizens living under their rule. Their sole goal is to enrich themselves and their cronies and remain in power whatever it takes.

The degree to which the bad guys are infiltrating and manipulating organizations like BLM and US Educational as well as many other established and reputable aid and think tank organizations both in the US and abroad is astonishing. In fact one can make a case that the US government itself is being victimized with the last 4 years of the Donald Trump presidency an example.

The number of autocracies has grown in the last several decades, they cooperate with each other on multiple levels to include dissemination of anti-American and/or anti-democracy propaganda, financing each other's failing economies through illicit monetary gains and subverting sanctions imposed by Western democracies to punish them. This cooperation is a means of survival and the result is the perpetuation and growth of this league of dangerous autocrats ...... "The Bad Guys Are Winning."

Read the link. It's long and very disturbing.

THE BAD GUYS ARE WINNING.docx
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm suing the Academy Awards unless they rescind the Best Picture given to "Shakespeare in Love" and give it to "Saving Private Ryan" instead

Comment

• Kwdysy5f.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                little more then that

who really cares about leftwingers jerking each other off?

Comment

• I’m shocked that they are still deliberating. How did the motion to dismiss go?
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm shocked you haven't been put in a rest home...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seconded.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        I’m shocked that they are still deliberating.
                        The speculation that it's one or two holdouts not wanting to acquit seems likely.

Comment

• It’s gonna be a hung jury.

Comment

• I could see acquittal on most serious charges and hung jury on lesser. It makes no sense because self defense is self defense— it works the same against lesser charge.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              I could see acquittal on most serious charges and hung jury on lesser. It makes no sense because self defense is self defense— it works the same against lesser charge.
                              I just found and read the written instructions to the jury. The most salient instruction is the definition of self defense as Talent notes above. The state has to prove the several elements in the Wisconsin law defined as self defense were not present. For example did the defendant reasonably believe that (the person he killed) posed an imminent threat of severe bodily injury or death to himself. If he didn't believe that then self defense cannot be offered as mitigating guilt. If the defendant was acting in accordance with the elements of self defense, the two most serious charges and the lesser charges associated with each of these is irrelevant.

There are other charges, all of them clearly defined in my mind with the instructions to the jury specifying what the state has to prove for a finding of guilty of each charge. I'm not sure a finding that Rittenhouse was acting in self defense clears him of those charges ..... whatever.

FFS, you've seen at least part of the trial itself; it's been talked about extensively here. It is beyond crazy to think that Rittenhouse did not act in self defense and that he believed the force he used - shooting the two mother-fuckers trying to kill him - was reasonable and necessary after he decided he could not escape the threat, like, being on his back and all with the two thugs stadning above and about to kill him. JFC.

I will be so pissed if its a hung jury and the judge lets that stand. The judge, it seems to me, has every reason to declare a mistrial, not my preferred action, or JMOL the thing and acquit.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Antifa and BLM are ready for an acquittal LOL

Last edited by Hannibal; November 17, 2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X