Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also from the NYTs article ..... it is the concluding paragraphs:

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, said school officials should have searched Mr. Crumbley’s bag for weapons.

But she said that the steps to prevent gun violence begin far before someone brings a weapon onto school grounds. Ultimately it is lawmakers, not school officials, she argued, who have the power to prevent shootings by passing secure gun storage laws or red flag laws, which allow the police to temporarily confiscate firearms from people who are deemed by a judge to be a danger to themselves or others.

“You’re putting educators in an impossible position because they don’t really have the tools to proactively prevent guns from coming into the school,” Ms. Watts said.

This nonsense was dealt with yesterday as it pertains to the Crumbley school shooting. This is a chicken or egg situation or what did school authorities know and when did they know it. IOW, before law enforcement, who apparently in MI have the legal authority to "temporarily confiscate" a firearm when it is believed to be a threat to others or the person who is in possession of it, can carry out their duties, they have to notified and called to the scene. Did these clowns convening the conference do that? Nope. Liable big time.

Start holding people in a position to prevent gun crimes on campus accountable for their negligence instead of making excuses for their failures to act. ".......... Educators don't have the tools to prevent guns from coming into school?" Bull-shit. In this case they clearly had the tools (search the kids book bag), the authority (it's legal in MI), call law enforcement to the scene (exactly what they should have done and didn't).

This is not a gun control issue.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It absolutely is a gun control issue.

Jesus.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        It absolutely is a gun control issue.

Jesus.
        It may be ..... in part. But clamoring for stuff that's never, and I mean NEVER going to happen in the US drowns out the need to restore a sense of personal accountability - essentially now absent in US civil society - for failing to use reasonable measures to stop gun crimes in schools.

What happened after Parkland? Hugs and candle light vigils. Some tough gun control measures, poorly crafted and too widely applied, made it to the FL state legislature and were promptly tabled. The sheriff that was in the school when the shooter started firing hid - he said he was calling in reinforcements, meanwhile the shooter is blasting away, taking the lives of school kids.

His actions, once illuminated by the press, were excoriated and within a few days, he was placed on administrative leave and ultimately fired. Guess what, he got rehired a while back. IOW he was excused for failing to intervene, caring for his own ass more than those he was sworn to protect. Fuck that. It's a problem and the woke shit that is making it a problem needs to be countered and I'm doing my part.

Jesus
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If I read the account correctly young Crumbley was sitting in class, drawing pictures of a HS shooting scene that depicted him as the shooter, and standing over bloodied corpses.

I have no idea why the school administrators did not insist on searching his backpack, AND his locker. Especially if sending him back to class was a consideration. That's not the gun's fault. That's their fault.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If the parents "control" their gun, there is no shooting.

It is a gun control problem.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I agree the parents share the blame. You don't let a 15 year old kid have free and unsupervised access to a 9mm automatic. That's just stupid.

But the gun didn't make itself available. The parents did. Its a parent control problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                I agree the parents share the blame. You don't let a 15 year old kid have free and unsupervised access to a 9mm automatic. That's just stupid.

But the gun didn't make itself available. The parents did. Its a parent control problem.
                LOL!

It amazes me that whenever this shit happens, you fuckers blame everyone and everything except the root cause.

That cause is a easy access to fire arms in this country and a fucked up culture that won't let there be any controls on that access, whether it be through tougher acquisition laws, punishments for careless gun ownership or something as simple as registration and limiting the types of weapons that citizens can own.

There is no "solution" to this problem until this reality is faced.

It is a gun control problem.

Comment

• Just in case anywhere wasn't aware, all 50 states have laws on registration and I believe all 50 states have laws that require background checks before procuring a gun. Just in case anyone actually believed anything CGVT posted.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Pretty sure what I posted does not contradict what talent posted.

He knows I'm right and has nothing more than semantics and sour grapes this morning.

Comment

• or something as simple as registration
                      ?

Comment

• The gun doesn't know if its pointed downrange, or at somebody's head. In fact, the gun knows nothing at all. It doesn't think. The person behind it is doing all the thinking. There are millions and millions of responsible gun owners throughout the country, that have never pointed a gun at anyone, and never will.

I'm not going to rehash all the gun/gun control arguments here. Responsible gun ownership is guaranteed by the constitution. If that's a problem, then ammend the constitution.

Comment

• If that's a problem, then ammend the constitution.
                          Yep. We have appropriate laws requiring background checks prior to purchase. We have appropriate laws requiring registration. I'm not sure what additional laws we need. Saying something like "tougher" without actually specifying anything is really saying nothing. Just empty virtue signaling.

Comment

• There is nothing wrong with legislating that "responsible" gun ownership that is guaranteed by the constitution.

The failure to face up to that fact and the reluctance to do so is the problem.

Comment

• The problem in the Oxford shootings was the meathead that bought his troubled son a 9mm handgun. For that he should (and will) be held accountable. That's how a lawful society works. That same handgun could have been bought by a responsible person, and only used in self defense. There was a lady in that vicinity last year that was accosted by a man in a department store, who attempted to kidnap her. She had a legally registered handgun in her purse. She drew the weapon, and forced him to the ground, and held him at gun point until cops arrived. She never fired a shot. Gun control advocates would try to impede her right to own the weapon that likely saved her life.

I don't own a gun. I may, at some point in the future, but as of now I do not. I have two V.E.R.Y. liberal nephews who own handguns, and are basically armed to the teeth. If you try talking gun control to them, they get upset very fast. Its a subject that gets folks upset very fast, on both sides.

Comment

• I own guns too. I have my entire life. I don't see guns as evil. Hell, I carried a gun in an L/E capacity for the better part of 30 years. I see our failure to adequately regulate those guns and the ownership and responsibility of the owners as well as the all too easy access to those guns as evil.

Comment

Working...
                                X