No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, heh. That's a giant Fuck You to the Chairman.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I heard she’s running for “reelection” this fall.

Comment

• lol
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Trump did NOT ask for more national guard to guard the Capitol only to have Pelosi block him. This is horseshit that has been peddled in rightwing circles who want to blame everyone BUT Trump for Jan. 6. Trump himself has claimed he ordered 10,000 troops. His word is worth ABSLUTELY NOTHING.

There's not one single corroborating piece of evidence that Trump formally requested the National Guard, let alone 10,000 Guardsmen, guard the Capitol building. The ONLY thing that anyone can point to is that on the night of Jan 5th, in a phone conversation with then-acting Sec of Defense Miller, Trump told him they would need 10,000 troops to guard the Capitol because so many of HIS people were coming. Miller has said that he didn't take that conversation to be an "order". It was a casual conversation. Anyways, formal orders are made IN WRITING and no such thing exists.

Fact check: Trump did not request 10,000 Guard troops for Jan. 6 (usatoday.com)
          Everyone should read the USA Today piece. Just like in the Russia Hoax, the hard left is claiming that Trump's claim has been "debunked". Always watch for that word, because it is the go-to phrasing for those who have no counterargument. What may or may not be true is whether 10,000 troops were requested. The Secretary of Defense was asked to supply national guard troops and Trump claims the number was 10,000. But both parties to the conversation agree the request was made. We call that "evidence" in rational circles. The fact that you don't trust Trump's word is just a manifestation of your rather severe case of TDS.

Other manifestations of TDS:

LMMFAO. No legal entity accused Trump of collusion. Ghengis Jon

BUWAHAHAHAHA. A 'fact' like the earth is the center of the universe, the world is flat, and the moon landing was faked. Ghengis again. This in response to the fact that the upper echelons of the FBI emailed their hatred of Trump to each other prior to the election, and then instituted their back-up plan after the election. One has to admire the precision and fact-heavy response, but this is TDS nonetheless.

Comment

• I found this AP piece to be fairly balanced. It brings up the point that we've been yelling about in here for a year that case numbers are mostly useless as measures of COVID disease impact. The real stinger though is the realization that just about all of the data upon which public health policy is based is bad and that equates to bad public health policy ..... not shit geniuses.

I've tended to assess local and regional disease impact by hospitalizations but now experts don't think that measure is useful and believe it's inflated - I think I've commented on this as early as 3 months ago yet, sure and for example, let's not let our kids go back to school and if they are allowed to do that, mask them up - kids under 10 DO NOT benefit from those policies and the social cost of them are significant. It remains an outrage rallying point for illiberal teacher's unions in states like FL and Texas that ban mask mandates - unionized teachers prefer expressing outrage at those policies, staying home, drawing a pay-check and watching TV.

If you listen to GMA, there's guy named Jah they put in front of the camera a lot as a COVID expert. He's actually pretty reasonable. This morning he said this is what you do if you test positive for (Omicron induced) COVID: (1) stay home for 5d, (2) test on the 5th day, (3) if your negative (and about 95% will be because this is a very short lived COVID infection - he didn't say that I did) resume normal routines. He added mask up for 5d after you test negative and that's the CDC's articulated policy. There might be some benefit but, IMO, it's unnecessary and I can make a strong argument why it is so. It is good virtue signaling though. The point is that coming to the forefront in COVID advice is the approach that individuals and those making PH policy need to figure out how to deal with COVID in ways that don't involve the imposition of most mitigation measures we've seen being implemented over the last 2 years. It's an incremental process, too slow for me, but we're getting there.

The other encouraging news is just like many were saying stop panicking about Omicron a month or so ago, main stream experts aren't saying quite that but they're getting on board with the rapid rise and steep decline hypothesis which is being born out by facts on the ground. NY is looking like they are on the downs side of the curve with 3d of declining numbers of new cases (trends are important, numbers aren't). FL has just a day of declining numbers but big drop in 7d average so too early to tell. I suspect we're going to see drastic reduction in new cases nationally, and at the state and local levels The link talks about why and when that's going to happen (with unnecessary, IMO, caveats).

The WHO announced yesterday, "we're not at the endemic stage" - rather strongly offering opposition to epidemiologists that say we are very close. A lot of politics with the libs liking the paternalism fostered by the need for freedom of choice restricting PHEs ..... when the pandemic goes away, so do the PHE's and the power of illiberal governments to tell us what we can and cannot do. The WHO is waaaay left.

Scientists are seeing signals that COVID-19′s alarming omicron wave may have peaked in Britain and is about to do the same in the U.S., at which point cases may start dropping off dramatically.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I heard she’s running for “reelection” this fall.
              That's right...she won the election...heh...disputes even today...kind like that Evil Orangeman...very noble of her...disgusting of Trump.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• JIM CROW 2.0!!! YOU'RE WITH POOPYPANTS...
                OR YOU'RE WITH THE CONFEDERACY!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You are with BLM or you are a bigot.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

The fact that you don't trust Trump's word is just a manifestation of your rather severe case of TDS.

LOL

Anyone who doesn't take Trump at his word (because he's obviously so trustworthy) has TDS I guess. Even though the Defense Secretary has already said he did not take the conversation to constitute an "order" primarily because Trump DIDN'T order it. He was just speculating about how many people were going to show up at his Obstruct the Electoral Count Rally and speculated they'd need at least 10,000 to control the mob he was gathering.

Everyone is DC is a liar except for Trump. Def Sec Miller is lying when he says Trump didn't officially order anything. Geezer is the same hyperpartisan ass who months ago dared me to find just one instance of Trump having ever lied in office. Hysterical.

“The President Threw Us Under the Bus”: Embedding With Pentagon Leadership in Trump’s Chaotic Last Week | Vanity Fair

On the evening of January 5—the night before a white supremacist mob stormed Capitol Hill in a siege that would leave five dead—the acting secretary of defense, Christopher Miller, was at the White House with his chief of staff, Kash Patel. They were meeting with President Trump on “an Iran issue,” Miller told me. But then the conversation switched gears. The president, Miller recalled, asked how many troops the Pentagon planned to turn out the following day. “We’re like, ‘We’re going to provide any National Guard support that the District requests,’” Miller responded. “And [Trump] goes, ‘You’re going to need 10,000 people.’ No, I’m not talking bullshit. He said that. And we’re like, ‘Maybe. But you know, someone’s going to have to ask for it.’” At that point Miller remembered the president telling him, “‘You do what you need to do. You do what you need to do.’ He said, ‘You’re going to need 10,000.’ That’s what he said. Swear to God.”

I could not recall the last time a contingent that large had been called up to supplement law enforcement at all, much less at a demonstration—the Women’s March and the Million Man March sprang to mind—and so I asked the acting SECDEF why Trump threw out such a big number. “The president’s sometimes hyperbolic, as you’ve noticed. There were gonna be a million people in the street, I think was his expectation.” Miller maintained that initial reports on the anticipated crowd size were all over the map—anywhere from 5,000 to 40,000. “Park Police—everybody’s so hesitant to give numbers. So I think that was what was driving the president.”

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      JIM CROW 2.0!!! YOU'RE WITH POOPYPANTS...
                      OR YOU'RE WITH THE CONFEDERACY!
                      You're with George Wallace. Get it straight.

Comment

• No he said Jefferson Davis...but he probably was confused and thought it was Al Davis...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What specifically made it a “white supremacist” riot?

Comment

• 1. White people were there.
                            2. The media said it was a riot (insurrection).
                            3. STFU and do what yer told.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              What specifically made it a “white supremacist” riot?
                              The reporter's unnecessary flourish.

Comment

• Due to supply chain issues, we're introducing 5 bold new flavors at Wizzie's Wild Wings & Weck* (*Weck no longer available)

A-1
                                Creamy Caesar
                                Prego
                                Chickpea
                                Canadian BBQ (Sweet Baby Ray's + Mrs. Butterworth)

Comment

Working...
                                X