No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are an ignoramus. I'm all for developing new sources of energy. That is fine. But to put all your eggs in one basket right now is irresponsible as FUCK. Why can we not develop these alternatives whilst still using the abundant resources available now? Why is it Green or bust with these Green Climate freaks?

Agenda? I think you need to look no further than the Green Climate freaks to see an out of control agenda.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Agree with Wiz... and I hate anyone who makes me say that.

I'm in favor of researching and development of alternative energy sources, not only for transportation, but for home heating in winter and cooling in summer.

But we're not in a position to abandon coal, oil, natural gas, etc., right now. Those have to continue to be used while newer technologies are developed.

I'd love to live long enough to own my own hydrogen powered Chevy truck, and heat my house on a hydrogen fuel cell.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        You are an ignoramus. I'm all for developing new sources of energy. That is fine. But to put all your eggs in one basket right now is irresponsible as FUCK. Why can we not develop these alternatives whilst still using the abundant resources available now? Why is it Green or bust with these Green Climate freaks?

Agenda? I think you need to look no further than the Green Climate freaks to see an out of control agenda.
        Correct
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No Shootings yet but MUS kids are in town, may not be long.

MSU.JPG

Seriously though, right before COVID - that would have been spring break 2020, Miami Beach and the South Beach area was awash in serious crimes attributed to "spring breakers." Fort Lauderdale had zero problems with the kids there to have a good time. Miami is an entirely different story. It is no longer a place that people looking for a leisurely Saturday at the beach or dinner go. A couple with a young child were dining in such a beach side restaurant when a gang shootout erupted. The child was hit and died. "Spring breakers?" You be the judge.

Spring break.JPG
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There are a couple of indisputable truths.

First, a large portion of the Ds are for drastically cutting back on the cheapest sources of energy we have. There is a clear majority that fully wants to comply with whatever the most recent UN "avoid-armageddon" deadline is -- I believe 50% reduction in cheap energy by 2030. That's not in dispute.

Second, virtually every R is in favor of developing a full energy arsenal including alternative energy. That's not in dispute. The disputes come when we try to figure out how much to prop up these alternative energy sources with government funding.

Third,the Ds love for clean energy does not extent to the most obvious cheap "green" energy in nuclear. The Rs, I think, are more or less fine with nuclear, but it's hard to say because there's zero chance the Ds will go along with building any new plants.

So, what is fairly indisputable is that the Rs are all for a COMPLETE energy program and the D are not. The Rs want all energy anywhere because -- I reckon -- Rs understand that cheap energy is pretty fucking important to economic success. The Ds do not. The Ds want only their kind of energy -- expensive energy -- in part for Green goals but also because it dovetails nicely with other agendas.

And, of course, if you are at all in favor of fossil fuels or step out of line, in any way, from the Party's Agenda, then you must be against all other alternative fuels. Or racist (and that's not a joke -- enviormental "justice" is a thing -- and it's a thing being pushed by The Chairman). Or, most likely, you're both.

Unfortunately, it looks like I side with The Wizard in being pro-cheap energy no matter where it comes from. But, I'd rather side with The Wizard, as disgusting as that is, than the partisan Party hacks who refuse to acknowledge the reaities of energy and, specifically, cheap energy.
            Last edited by iam416; March 9, 2022, 11:54 AM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You will own nothing and be happy. Now stfu you trouble makers.

Comment

• Agreed Taintedban...agreeing with you is against every fiber of my being...but alas...I hold my nose whilst nodding in agreement.

Now AA...he's another story. I'd rather burn in the eternal fires of Hades than agree with that rat bastard.

AA:

hello
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  There are a couple of indisputable truths.

Another truth is that you cannot assume technology breakthroughs before they actually happen. There's a big difference between theory and reality and the trip between them is full of uncertainty. Just because the Manhattan Project and Apollo were successes is no guarantee that you will be able to suddenly come up with cheap clean renewable energy resources.

Comment

• But the sun, Tom! The SUN!!

Comment

• ...the answer my friend...is blowin' in the wind...

Ask Texass how great wind energy is.

Ask those people who installed solar panels in the 70's how they liked it.

The Green/Climate Change mafia has one goal. To destroy US domination. Period. That is the goal. There are factions though...some actually believe the BS...some are just plain stupid...some are just virtue signalers...some see $$$ benefits...but make no mistake...the goal is to crush the US.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        But the sun, Tom! The SUN!!
                        ..But the Sun is eclipsed by the Moon..

Comment

• Jackie Moon turns the Sun Coffee Black
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            There are a couple of indisputable truths.

First, a large portion of the Ds are for drastically cutting back on the cheapest sources of energy we have. There is a clear majority that fully wants to comply with whatever the most recent UN "avoid-armageddon" deadline is -- I believe 50% reduction in cheap energy by 2030. That's not in dispute.

Second, virtually every R is in favor of developing a full energy arsenal including alternative energy. That's not in dispute. The disputes come when we try to figure out how much to prop up these alternative energy sources with government funding.

Third,the Ds love for clean energy does not extent to the most obvious cheap "green" energy in nuclear. The Rs, I think, are more or less fine with nuclear, but it's hard to say because there's zero chance the Ds will go along with building any new plants.

So, what is fairly indisputable is that the Rs are all for a COMPLETE energy program and the D are not. The Rs want all energy anywhere because -- I reckon -- Rs understand that cheap energy is pretty fucking important to economic success. The Ds do not. The Ds want only their kind of energy -- expensive energy -- in part for Green goals but also because it dovetails nicely with other agendas.

And, of course, if you are at all in favor of fossil fuels or step out of line, in any way, from the Party's Agenda, then you must be against all other alternative fuels. Or racist (and that's not a joke -- enviormental "justice" is a thing -- and it's a thing being pushed by The Chairman). Or, most likely, you're both.

Unfortunately, it looks like I side with The Wizard in being pro-cheap energy no matter where it comes from. But, I'd rather side with The Wizard, as disgusting as that is, than the partisan Party hacks who refuse to acknowledge the reaities of energy and, specifically, cheap energy.
                            Well said.

Remember, the entire Green energy movement derives from modeling atmospheric carbon's relation to global warming. There has never been an accurate prediction of future temperatures using the same modeling.

There is a law of diminishing returns when it comes to becoming carbon-free. Eliminating the first 20% of "carbon pollution" is comparatively inexpensive (like eliminating coal use). The last 20% is very expensive. The Greens reject doing those things that make some economic sense. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Markets....markets....markets. There is no way to judge the best mix of all energy sources unless government interference with the markets is eliminated. There is no way there should be subsidies for EVs, solar, wind, or nuclear for that matter. I like the idea that an EV is like a gas tank. Let's figure the actual cost.

Comment

• If you are anti-Green/CC...you are de facto racist, homophobe, science denier, Mango Man loving neandrathal anti-virtue cretin who wants dirty water and air and grandma to starve capitalist piag.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Meanwhile, the Russians conducted an air strike on a children’s hospital in Mariupol. The West dithers about.

Comment

Working...
                                X